[Resolved]01micko.com compromised

News, happenings
8-bit

#41 Post by 8-bit »

I just tried your site and the Chinese stuff no longer is there!
So it looks like it may be resolved now.

01micko

#42 Post by 01micko »

Musher0 - yep. That's how it looks when adblocker or sc0ttmans Pup-Advert-Blocker is running :)

8-bit - I think it is but my sub-domains aren't working yet. I've marked "resolved" but it's not fully resolved until slacko.01micko.com gets back up. It is accessible at 01micko.com/slacko57.
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

technosaurus

#43 Post by technosaurus »

speaking of advert blocker... it should be patched to use 0.0.0.0 instead of 127.0.0.1 so that proxy servers can use it. They are quite handy if you use multiple browsers so that caching is done in 1 place ...polipo is a nice one I discovered when building hv3 a while back ... its small and use multiple techniques to speed up browsing.
Check out my [url=https://github.com/technosaurus]github repositories[/url]. I may eventually get around to updating my [url=http://bashismal.blogspot.com]blogspot[/url].

musher0

#44 Post by musher0 »

01micko wrote:Musher0 - yep. That's how it looks when adblocker or sc0ttmans Pup-Advert-Blocker is running :)
(...)
Hi, micko.

None of the above! :lol:

The name of the opera extension I use for ad-blocking is called
"ghostery". (It does a lot more than that, too.)

Also a good recent "hosts" file in /etc.

Glad to see that your site is slowly getting back to normal, sort of.

BFN.

Chris
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

8-bit

#45 Post by 8-bit »

01micko,
I see what you mean about the sub-sections of your site being slow coming back. I tried using some of the links in your threads on the forum that are supposed to access areas of your web site and still get a 404 error a lot.
This is not good in that someone new that was browsing the forum and wanted to check out more about some of your ISOs or download one would get a 404 error and possibly assume that the version of Puppy no longer existed.

Of course one could expand this to the Additional Software section of the forum that had links to bigger files that do not work now with the lower file size restriction on the forum and file sharing sites that only keep a file available for a limited time.

01micko

#46 Post by 01micko »

8-bit wrote:01micko,
I see what you mean about the sub-sections of your site being slow coming back. I tried using some of the links in your threads on the forum that are supposed to access areas of your web site and still get a 404 error a lot.
This is not good in that someone new that was browsing the forum and wanted to check out more about some of your ISOs or download one would get a 404 error and possibly assume that the version of Puppy no longer existed.

Of course one could expand this to the Additional Software section of the forum that had links to bigger files that do not work now with the lower file size restriction on the forum and file sharing sites that only keep a file available for a limited time.
Yep, a real pain in the a*se. My host is basically useless. I'm raising another ticket with them but still no response. I'll edit the main 5.7 slacko post and post the direct address.

cheers

EDIT: my sub-domains are up now!
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access