Installing Frisbee from files w/o the pet

Configuration wizards, scanners, remote desktop, etc.
Mike7

Installing Frisbee from files w/o the pet

#1 Post by Mike7 »

Hi, all.

This question is directed to Richard (rerwin), but if anyone else can help, great.

Before totally giving up on Puppeee4.4-atom (due to Pwireless2 problems), I made a new pendrive with Puppeee4.4-rc2 from Ally's Puppeee archive at archive.org. I thought maybe I could put my 4.4-atom save file in 4.4-rc2, which has Frisbee, and use that.

Well, rc2 worked with my save file, but unfortunately it has the celeron kernel and doesn't run well with my atom PCU. Also, the Midori browser in rc2 doesn't compare with chrome in 4.4-atom, IMO.

So what I've done is copy all the Frisbee files in rc2 (that is, all the files I could find using Pfind with search words "Frisbee" and "frisbee") over to /myfiles/ in my 4.4-atom pendrive, with a list of which folders they were in (in rc2). The idea is that the 4.4-rc2 version of Frisbee might work in 4.4-atom.

Query 1: Are there Frisbee files that don't have the words "Frisbee" or "frisbee" in their file names?

Query 2: Are there dependencies I need to download for Frisbee to work?

Query 3: What files in 4.4-atom do I need to modify to get Frisbee to work (for example, config files, boot files, etc.)?

A lot of people did good work adapting Frsibee for different Pups, as I saw in the "Frisbee Network Manager - Beta 2" thread. I'm hoping they'll give me some help with this.

Cheers.

Mike

rerwin

#2 Post by rerwin »

Mike7,
Your request probably belongs in the beta2 thread you mention. I suspect that the version of Frisbee in Puppeee4.4 is the beta2 version, which is only the starting point in my upgrade that now is at version 1.2. The place to look for all of the pieces would be the beta2 pet itself. Then use the same-named files from the celeron puppeee.

I think most of the files are in /usr/Frisbee and a few in /usr/bin. But the connectwizard and connectwizard2nd files are also probably modified. And the network_tray program us different.

I wonder why the atom version of 4.4 is different from the celeron version. I have not adapted my new versions of frisbee-1.x to run with puppy 4.3.1, upon which I assume puppeee is based. So that is not an option. Note that I have created other files beyond the beta pet's, so looking there might add confusion.

Maybe you could simply install the beta2 pet into your puppeee4.4atom.
Richard

Mike7

#3 Post by Mike7 »

Hi, Richard. Happy Easter!
The place to look for all of the pieces would be the beta2 pet itself. Then use the same-named files from the celeron puppeee.
How do I open up the Frisbee beta2 pet to see what files are inside? I have no experience with pets except for installing one or two. Is there a special program for opening them up without installing them?
I think most of the files are in /usr/Frisbee and a few in /usr/bin. But the connectwizard and connectwizard2nd files are also probably modified. And the network_tray program is different.
Here's a list of the Frisbee-named files I copied out of Puppeee4.4-rc2, with an arrow showing what folder they were in:
10-Frisbee -> etc/init.d/
1frisbee-tray -> root/Startup/
frisbee_tray -> user/bin/
Frisbee (23k) -> user/local/bin/
Frisbee (folder) -> user/local/
frisbee.desktop -> user/share/applications/
frisbee.png -> user/share/pixmaps/

And here is a list of the items in user/local/Frisbee/ :

/iface/wlan0
config
connect
dhcpcd.conf
disconnect
func
interface
interfaces
ipinfo
pnetworkdiag
reset-dhcp
start-dhcp
start-wpa
stop-dhcp
version
wpa_supplicant.conf

Does this look right to you? Are there files missing?

And what about config, startup, and other supporting files, as well as dependencies, that may be in other places? For example, I see in my Puppeee4.4-atom that Jemimah wrote a long shell script named "Pwireless" that she put in user/sbin. And in user/local/Pwireless2 there are 45 shell scripts and config files, but I didn't find equivalent files for Frisbee in Puppeee4.4-rc2 (except for the 16 items in user/local/Frisbee/).
I wonder why the atom version of 4.4 is different from the celeron version.
It may not be very different. Most everything in my 4.4-atom savefile worked in rc2 (which has the celeron kernel). Only some auxiliary programs that may have depended on unsaved or incorrect data ran poorly. And the Midori browser hardly worked at all.
I have not adapted my new versions of frisbee-1.x to run with puppy 4.3.1, upon which I assume puppeee is based.
You're right. It is.
So that is not an option.
Too bad <grin>.
Note that I have created other files beyond the beta pet's, so looking there might add confusion.
Not sure what you mean here.
Maybe you could simply install the beta2 pet into your puppeee4.4atom.
That might be an interesting experiment. Are there different versions of Frisbee-Beta2? If so, which one would you recommend trying? (A download link would be appreciated.)

But I really think that my best shot is getting 4.4-rc2's Frisbee installed in my 4.4-atom.

Cheers.

Mike
Carolite-1.2 w/FF38 on bootable 16G flash drive; Asus eeePC 1000HA, Atom CPU, 2G RAM, 160G HDD.

rerwin

#4 Post by rerwin »

Mike,
If you are running lucid pup 5.2.8-anything, right-click the pet file and click on "Extract Here" (the first entry in the submenu), but only after you have placed the pet file where you want to see the extracted directories, e.g., /tmp.

Otherwise, enter the command:
pet2tgz <pet package file>
and then click on the resultant tar.gz (or tgz) file to extract the contents.

Taking another approach, could you post the links to the two versions of puppeee 4.4, to save my searching for them? Then I can compare them (with diff -r) to see if the differences are obvious. That seems to be your preferred route, anyway.
Richard

Mike7

#5 Post by Mike7 »

Hi, Richard.

For extracting and comparing the files with those in rc2 Frisbee, and perhaps also for trying it out in 4.4-atom, should I use the Frisbee-beta-2.pet download in Jemimah's first post at http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=64472?

What about the accompanying dhcpcd and wpa_supplicant pets there? In order to test Frisbee-beta-2, will I have to install those two dependencies in place of the related files I now have for Pwireless2?
enter the command:
pet2tgz <pet package file>
and then click on the resultant tar.gz (or tgz) file to extract the contents.
Thanks. I'll try this as soon as I download Frisbee-beta-2.pet.
could you post the links to the two versions of puppeee 4.4, to save my searching for them?
There are various versions of Puppeee4.4 and more than one download site. Here are the ones I know of:
- My original download of Puppeee4.4-beta1-atom (as Atom 4.4.tar.bz2):
http://ubuntuone.com/03spbbxEXin5IN44Qn1xNx. I don't know if there's a download at this site for 4.4-beta1-celeron. I couldn't find one, at any rate.
- Ally's archive.org downloads at https://archive.org/details/PuppyLinuxPuppeee. The iso file links are at the left under "CD/DVD". The 115.5 MB file is 4.4-rc2, and the two 130.6MB files are the 4.4-beta1-atom and -celeron, respectively.

I just now made an iso file of the folder extracted from Atom 4.4.tar.bz2 at ubuntuone, and it is not the same size as the 4.4-beta1-atom iso downloaded from archive.org, nor are the md5 checksums the same (although this may be an artefact of the iso creation programs used).
Then I can compare them (with diff -r) to see if the differences are obvious. That seems to be your preferred route, anyway.
We don't really know if the frisbee put into 4.4-rc2 is the same as that posted as Frisbee-beta-2.pet, but it stands to reason that it would be more compatible with other late versions of Puppeee like 4.4-atom, and that the dhcpcd and wpa_supplicant base programs in Puppeee4.4, for which Pwireless2 and Frisbee were originally just front-ends I believe, would require less adaptation, maybe none at all, with the rc2 frisbee than with the Frisbee-beta-2 posted for general Puppy use.

But I could easily be completely wrong, too <grin>.

Cheers.

Mike
Carolite-1.2 w/FF38 on bootable 16G flash drive; Asus eeePC 1000HA, Atom CPU, 2G RAM, 160G HDD.

Mike7

#6 Post by Mike7 »

Richard-

The posting date of Jemimah's Frisbee-beta2.pet is Feb 2011. I believe the Puppeee4.4 versions were made in 2010. (Puppeee4.4-atom was.) is it possible that 4.4-rc2 has Frisbee-beta1?

Mike

Mike7

#7 Post by Mike7 »

Richard-

You're not leaving me in the lurch, here, are you? <grin>

Mike

rerwin

#8 Post by rerwin »

Mike7 wrote:You're not leaving me in the lurch, here, are you? <grin>
Well, only temporarily. I have been obsessed with several projects, but was prompted by your message to see what I could find. The solution turns out to be amazingly straightforward and simple!

In your puppeee-4.4atom setup (without Frisbee added), simply replace the file, eee-514.sfs with the same file from the celeron "4.4" ISO file you downloaded. That is all there is to it!

I determined that this should work by comparing the ISOs I found for puppeee-1.0. The only files in them that were different appeared to be eee-504.sfs and ze504357.sfs. The "z" file contains the driver modules, which are different for the atom and celeron versions. Although the eee-504.sfs files were of slightly different sizes, comparing the contents of them (with diff -r) showed them to be identical. So, it is only the "z" file drivers that differ. Starting with the downloaded ISO, you could alternatively substitute the atom "z" file into the celeron setup. I tried the first method and saw immediate success.

You still get the browser from the celeron version. Since I don't mess with browsers (sticking with seamonkey all of these years), you are on your own if you need to change browsers.

Sorry to be so long in resolving this, but now it is done.
Richard

EDIT: Still considering making a pet package with Frisbee for puppeee, so that you can have both Frisbee and chrome. R

Mike7

#9 Post by Mike7 »

Hi, Richard.

Glad to see I didn't lose you. I was worried for a bit.
In your puppeee-4.4atom setup (without Frisbee added), simply replace the file, eee-514.sfs with the same file from the celeron "4.4" ISO file you downloaded. That is all there is to it!
I'm rather confused at this point. First, I never downloaded 4.4-celeron. What I downloaded was 4.4-rc2, which I got to work with my savefile, but whose apllications and browser I don't like and don't want to use (in other words, its sfs file is no good to me, regardless of whether or not the drivers in its z file work with my CPU).

Regarding 4.4-celeron, if I understand you correctly you're suggesting I use its sfs file instead of 4.4-atom's, by either replacing 4.4-celeron's z file with the one out of 4.4-atom or replacing 4.4-atom's sfs file with the one out of 4.4-celeron. Is that correct?

Questions:
- Does the 4.4-celeron sfs file contain Frisbee? (You don't mention this, which is the point of the whole thing.)
- Does the 4.4-celeron sfs file contain the same applications as 4.4-atom, including the browser?
- How can either or both of the above two questions be true if the two sfs files (4.4-celeron's and 4.4-atom's) are identical, as you seem to have found to be the case?

I'll wait for your answers to the above questions before making any decisions about whether to try 4.4-celeron's sfs file. It would be great if the solution were so simple, but I'm very skeptical that switching sfs files with 4.4-celeron is going to solve my problem, which is to keep 4.4-atom, but with Frisbee instead of Pwireless2.

There remain to be tried the two possibilities we discussed earlier: get Frisbee-beta2 to work in 4.4-atom, or try to place the Frisbee files from 4.4-rc2 into 4.4-atom in such a way that they work right.

As to the first of these, could you answer my questions about Frisbee-beta2 in my earlier post (which frisbee-beta2 to use, the dhcpcd and wpa_supplicant pets that accompany Frisbee-beta2, etc.)?

Personally, I think the second idea is the best: get the Frisbee files from 4.4-rc2 (which I saved in a folder in my 4.4-atom root) placed properly and made to work (by making whatever changes to system files are necessary).

But I will wait and see what you have to say in response to my queries about the sfs file switch with 4.4-celeron.

I appreciate your help with this very, very much. Your work with Frisbee has obviously benefited everyone who uses Puppy, and it would be a satisfaction to both of us, I think, if we could get Frisbee to work with Puppeee4.4-atom, a wonderful operating system and the best of the Puppeee's.

Cheers.

Mike

rerwin

#10 Post by rerwin »

Mike7,
To clear up the confusion about ISO names:
- The "rc2" file with Frisbee that we both downloaded did not have "celeron" in its name, but was indeed the celeron version of what apparently was a set of RC2s sublabeled with "-atom" and "-celeron".

- The version I have on my eeepc is apparently -atom-RC2, because it has Frisbee and a eee-514.sfs file that matches the one in the downloaded "RC2".

So, you apparently are not using the final version of the "atom" version, which is probably why it has chrome instead of midori.

I do not have the version of puppeee-4.4 that you do, so cannot compare its content to the RC2 versions unless you can give me a copy of your "eee-5??.sfs" file. But you can compare the two by:
- Renaming one of them, if necessary, to ensure it is different, so you can mount both at the same time.

- Click on each to mount them and see the contents.

- Run "diff -r" on them, by using their names starting with "/mnt/+" and using the Tab key to get the full file names, looking in the /mnt directory to see the name format.

That will generate a lot of messages in the console window that can be ignored. It will also produce a ton of lines in the output starting with "File", which can also be ignored. To save in a file and filter out the "File" lines, the command would look like:

diff -r /mnt/+[whatever for atom] /mnt/+[whatever for RC2] | grep -v '^File' > ~/diff-eee-sfs.txt

You can post/attach the txt file or PM it to me. It should show the Frisbee-related and chrome-related files and any that show code differences. I can spot the Frisbee-related files, to ensure you get all of them. Then you can proceed with your original idea of copying only the Frisbee-related files to your older version of puppeee-4.4. I don't think there was ever a released version of puppeee-4.4, which ended at RC2. Right? Yours must have been a beta version.

As for trying "Frisbee beta 2", I would use the originals from here:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 052#492052
Files:
  • Frisbee-beta-2.pet
    dhcpcd-5.2.9-i486.pet
    wpa_supplicant-0.6.9-i486.4X.pet
    xpupsay-1.2.1-i486.pet
xpupsay may not be necessary, if it is already in your puppeee.

But I concur with you that the safer approach is to copy the Frisbee-related files to your current version of puppeee-4.4. They may include dhcpcd and wpa-supplicant files -- that's why we need the "diff -r" listing.
Richard

rokytnji

#11 Post by rokytnji »

Cruising around google images.

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 94c6ee4754

http://i55.tinypic.com/xy8ew.jpg%5B/IMG%5D

when I ran puppeee on my eeepcs. I could install anything I wanted according
to my old screenshots. From Chromium to Firefox.

My Ubuntu One has been closed down with the isos/docs I had uploaded and I drop kicked my external 1TB Hard Drive that had the docs, archived html pages for instructions and all release isos plus sfs and pets I saved. facepalm insert here..

It just seems to me this should be easier is all. My connection was wpa2-psk wireless when I did those screenshots. I think I am showing
frisbee in the taskbar but those installs were so long ago.

http://www.meownplanet.net/puppylinuxst ... /packages/

So there is another dog in this fight.

Start sniffing butts

http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html

Mike7

#12 Post by Mike7 »

Richard-
- The version I have on my eeepc is apparently -atom-RC2, because it has Frisbee and a eee-514.sfs file that matches the one in the downloaded "RC2".
I'm a little confused here. Isn't the downloaded rc2 the celeron one? And the fact that a Puppeee has Frisbee just means it's an rc2, apparently, not which one. What does it say about the kernel on your eeepc? My kernel explicitly states "2.6.33.2atom" in Hardinfo.
you apparently are not using the final version of the "atom" version, which is probably why it has chrome instead of midori.
The iso for my installation is named "puppeee4.4-beta1-atom.iso". I have no idea if jemimah went any further with a Puppeee for the atom cpu. I've never seen a 4.4-atom-rc2.
I do not have the version of puppeee-4.4 that you do, so cannot compare its content to the RC2 versions unless you can give me a copy of your "eee-5??.sfs" file.
My eee-505.sfs is 121 MB. That's pretty large for an email <grin>. Is there an upload site I can send it to, where you can then download it? Or some other way of getting it to you?
But you can compare the two
Here I am confused again. What are you suggesting I compare my eee-505.sfs to? The rc2-celeron sfs? To compare it to an rc2-atom sfs I'd have to have one (if it exists).
- Click on each to mount them and see the contents.
Can sfs files be opened by simply clicking on them?

Frankly, I can see myself running into trouble trying to compare two sfs files, even if I knew which other one to compare mine to. I think sending you my sfs file is a lot safer. But how to do it?
should show the Frisbee-related and chrome-related files and any that show code differences. I can spot the Frisbee-related files, to ensure you get all of them. Then you can proceed with your original idea of copying only the Frisbee-related files to your older version of puppeee-4.4.
I think this is a good idea. I just wonder if you will be able to spot all the Frisbee-related files this way. Frisbee and Pwireless2 may share certain files, and there may be config and system files with Frisbee data in them that won't be apparently related to Frisbee. But it sounds good in principle.
I don't think there was ever a released version of puppeee-4.4, which ended at RC2.
I guess that's right. I can't imagine, though, why jemimah would drop 4.4-atom in favor of 4.4-rc2, when 4.4-atom is much the better OS. 4.4-rc2 (the celeron version, anyway) not only has Midori, a browser far inferior to Chrome IMO, but inferior audio managers, text editors, and file managers, and is full of games (!).
As for trying "Frisbee beta 2", I would use the originals from here:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 052#492052
Files:
  • Frisbee-beta-2.pet
    dhcpcd-5.2.9-i486.pet
    wpa_supplicant-0.6.9-i486.4X.pet
    xpupsay-1.2.1-i486.pet
xpupsay may not be necessary, if it is already in your puppeee.
I have the feeling that that is not going to work, although I intend to try it as a last resort. Uninstalling my present versions of dhcpcd and wpa_supplicant isn't going to be easy, I fear, because there's no longer a dependencies file for them, except what's maybe stored in my OS. The fact is that my pet manager app doesn't work any more because it's directed to a non-existent website. Uy!
But I concur with you that the safer approach is to copy the Frisbee-related files to your current version of puppeee-4.4. They may include dhcpcd and wpa-supplicant files -- that's why we need the "diff -r" listing.
I agree.

Mike

Mike7

#13 Post by Mike7 »

Hi, Rok. How've you been?

From the taskbar in those screenshots, it looks like you had Pwireless2. At least, that's the icon for it. The Frisbee icon is different.

I would really like to know if you were able to connect to WEP- or WPA-encrypted networks, which I am unable to do with Pwireless2 for some unknown reason. If I knew for sure that some version of Pwireless was able to connect to them, I would try to uninstall my Pwireless2 and re-install it (or another version of it).
when I ran puppeee on my eeepcs. I could install anything I wanted according
to my old screenshots. From Chromium to Firefox.
No more pet repository for Puppeee. BTW, what version(s) of Puppeee did you run? Can you remember?
My Ubuntu One has been closed down with the isos/docs I had uploaded and I drop kicked my external 1TB Hard Drive that had the docs, archived html pages for instructions and all release isos plus sfs and pets I saved. facepalm insert here..
That is a seriously sad story.
It just seems to me this should be easier is all.
You're right, it should be. My Pwireless2 can probably be fixed, but not by me <grin>. And trying to put Frisbee where it wasn't meant to go is no breeze. Jemimah would have it done in twenty minutes, probably. Where is she? Does anyone know?
My connection was wpa2-psk wireless when I did those screenshots.
Now you have made me wonder. Am I cursed?
Those are later Frisbees I think.
Lots of good downloads at the pets_n_stuff link. Thanks!

Cheers.

Mike

rokytnji

#14 Post by rokytnji »

BTW, what version(s) of Puppeee did you run?
I know for Fact it was not 1.0. I avoided that version. My eeepcs were celeron models. It was the last release before 1.0 came out. 4.4 something or other.
No more pet repository for Puppeee. BTW
I never used it. I would grab .pets and .sfs from the site here or go to a repo
like I showed in my last post with Frisbee .sfs. Like on this laptop. I run redshift, yweather,
I would really like to know if you were able to connect to WEP- or WPA-encrypted networks, which I am unable to do with Pwireless2 for some unknown reason. If I knew for sure that some version of Pwireless was able to connect to them, I would try to uninstall my Pwireless2 and re-install it (or another version of it).
One word. Yes. Here is my router From mySlack0 5.7 .exe running inside of Windows 7. /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

Code: Select all

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ap_scan=2
update_config=1

network={
	ssid="default"
	psk="defaultpsk"
	proto=WPA
	key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
	pairwise=TKIP
	group=TKIP
}
I will be gone for the day mostly doing real world stuff. When I do a install.
I back up what I have working. What does not work I take chances on, and do experiments. if it breaks. Oh Well. I can reinstall in a few minutes.

It is how I learn. I do not worry unnecessarily and take on one problem
at a time. rerwin is a much more knowledgeable puppy linux user than I
am myself. You are getting very good help from what I have been reading.

So good luck with it.

rerwin

#15 Post by rerwin »

Mike7,
Try uploading the eee-505.sfs file to here:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/plvqr1 ... loads_Temp
or
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/qcc1ebcoykcbc/mike7
The iso for my installation is named "puppeee4.4-beta1-atom.iso". I have no idea if jemimah went any further with a Puppeee for the atom cpu. I've never seen a 4.4-atom-rc2.
A "beta" is intended for users to test with. An RC is a release candidate, which is usually the same as the last beta or an improvement on it. Also, my kernel shows as 2.6.35.7atom, so is later than yours. I have uploaded my "zdrv" file to that link, so that you could use it with the downloaded RC2 ISO file, substituting it for its file of the same name, but built for the celeron version. Mine is the atom equivalent.

Once I analyze your eee-505 file but for differences related to chrome, maybe we can copy the chrome-related files to your new "4.4atom-RC2".
Richard

EDIT: I doubt this will let you upload. Maybe I have to be logged onto mediafire to allow others to upload. Let me know when you will be ready to try this. I assume you are not logged on at the moment, so need you to set a time for us to work together on the upload. I will be away now, for a few hours.
R

Mike7

#16 Post by Mike7 »

good luck with it.
Thanks, Rok.

Mike7

#17 Post by Mike7 »

Hi, Richard.

Sorry for the delay. I've been busy with travel plans. I'm going back to the States next week for a month.
I went to those pages but didn't see any way for me to upload files. I would probably have to join mediafire to do so, and frankly I hate giving out my email address on the Internet (too much spam already) or joining social networks.

If you think I could upload my sfs file if we're both connected to mediafire at the same time, we can try that. Just give me a time on the weekend that's convenient for you and we can coordinate. (I am in Buenos Aires, which at present is one hour ahead of New York time).

I should mention, as an aside, that I found all sorts of left-over networking stuff in my Puppeee, including files from something called "Network_Wizard" and something called "net_setup" (which I believe belonged to a network manager named "WAG"). Both Network_Wizard and net_setup have config files that include WPA- and WPA2-encrypted networks. I've been trying to get them to work, thinking maybe I could use one of them instead of Pwireless2, or use their config files with it, but no luck so far. (It really drives me nuts that Pwireless2 isn't accepting WPA2 passphrases.)
A "beta" is intended for users to test with. An RC is a release candidate, which is usually the same as the last beta or an improvement on it.
4.4-rc2, at least the celeron version of it, is no improvement over 4.4-beta1-atom, IMO.
Also, my kernel shows as 2.6.35.7atom, so is later than yours.
Probably changes for Frisbee and maybe even the driver module for my TP-Link(?) (among other things).
I have uploaded my "zdrv" file to that link, so that you could use it with the downloaded RC2 ISO file, substituting it for its file of the same name, but built for the celeron version. Mine is the atom equivalent.
I downloaded ze514357.sfs from your mediafire page. Thanks! (I see that it's quite a lot larger - around 8MB - than the one in the celeron-rc2 iso - around 6MB.)

It's worth a try, just to see what happens if I confabulate your ze514357 driver file, the celeron-rc2 system shs, and my savefile. It should be an interesting experiment. But even if Frisbee works and the previously-encountered system problems clear up (as they probably will), I don't like rc2.
Once I analyze your eee-505 file but for differences related to chrome, maybe we can copy the chrome-related files to your new "4.4atom-RC2".
Adding Chrome to rc2 would be an improvement. But there were lots of other changes in rc2 that I didn't like. Maybe I could learn to live with them if it's a question of having Frisbee or not. But there's gotta be a better solution (like putting Frisbee in 4.4-beta1-atom).

If I had a spare pendrive I would make a copy of my system and install the Frisbee-beta2 pet and its associated dhcpch and wpa_supplicant pets (which I downloaded from the forum). But I just haven't had the time to go and buy a new pendrive.

And I still haven't tried installing the Frisbee files I extracted from celeron-rc2. They may work without changes to 4.4-atom's system files. Who knows?

Some of this stuff will have to wait until I get to New York.

Cheers, and thanks!

Mike