How to change to double-click instead of single-click?

Booting, installing, newbie
ieee488

How to change to double-click instead of single-click?

#1 Post by ieee488 »

I did a search on this forum.

I want the Windows default of double-clicking on an icon to start up the application instead of single click.

Is this changeable in Puppy Linux 4?

norsiwel

#2 Post by norsiwel »

Right click on any icon on the desktop, choose Rox-Filer, then choose options, then pinboard, at the bottom of the window under pinboard behavior is a check box that says single click to open, uncheck it, then choose OK and you'll have a double click desktop.
the only thing that is constant is change

Pizzasgood

#3 Post by Pizzasgood »

One thing to note is that that will only enable it for the desktop. If you want it in the filemanager windows you need to also go to the "Filer Windows" section of the options page and disable "single click navigation".
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

ieee488

#4 Post by ieee488 »

Many thanks! :D

JonGl

#5 Post by JonGl »

Pizzasgood wrote:One thing to note is that that will only enable it for the desktop. If you want it in the filemanager windows you need to also go to the "Filer Windows" section of the options page and disable "single click navigation".
Add me to those very glad to know this!

However, it's a bit odd.... When I first tried KDE, I hated its single-click interface, but for some reason, I've quickly adapted to the single-click interface in Rox, and wonder if I'll turn it off, now that I'm armed with this knowledge. And oddly enough, I don't know _why_! :-)

-Jon

trace_element

#6 Post by trace_element »

just also wanted to say thanks!