Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 21 Oct 2014, 16:39
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Documents
LibreOffice 4.x + language packs (latest: 4.3.2)
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 6 of 11 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
boxR

PostPosted: Tue 11 Feb 2014, 07:25    Post_subject:  

chococyanide wrote:
I've installed LibreOffice 4.2.0 PET for my Precise 5.7.1 . It can open document files in my drive (it even changes the icon), but LibreOffice is not listed anywhere in the menu, typing libreoffice in console doesn't work either (it says 'bash: libreoffice: command not found') . What is wrong here?

I think that you just have to refresh the menu.
For example : menu Desktop → Desktop icon switcher
But there is certainly a better way to do it.
chococyanide

PostPosted: Tue 11 Feb 2014, 11:43    Post_subject:  

boxR wrote:
I think that you just have to refresh the menu.
For example : menu Desktop → Desktop icon switcher
But there is certainly a better way to do it.

Wow thanks, it works! I thought it will come up when I reboot. Turns out there's another way..
Ido Wolf

PostPosted: Sat 22 Mar 2014, 17:21    Post_subject: Libreoffice 4.2 Won't run on 5.7 Slacko  

Hi! I've installed 4.2 from the PET file in the OP, and at first, puppy alerted me that menu entries do not exist for the application (!).

After a reboot, menu entries did appear (with no icons though), but pressing them doesn't do anything. Libreoffice simply won't start, no error message or anything. Help, please?

Thank you for the great efforts and making 2 of my weakest PCs become lightning fast!
OverDrive

PostPosted: Sun 23 Mar 2014, 23:44    Post_subject:
Sub_title: To get impress to play powerpoint presentations with sound.....

Hi Vicmz,

First off, Thanks for maintaining this sticky on LibreOffice. Smile

I thought you would like to know LibreOffice will not play powerpoint presentations with sound out of the box in Puppy without gstreamer installed.

I downloaded Shinobar's gstreamer sfs for Slacko off of his server at:
http://shino.pos.to/party/bridge.cgi?puppy/slacko/opt/

He also has a gstreamer sfs for Wary and Lucid at:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=73094

I am thinking this might be helpful to list on the first page.

Hope this Helps

OverDrive

Note: Edited to correct links

vicmz

PostPosted: Mon 24 Mar 2014, 19:19    Post_subject: Re: Libreoffice 4.2 Won't run on 5.7 Slacko  

Ido Wolf wrote:
Hi! I've installed 4.2 from the PET file in the OP, and at first, puppy alerted me that menu entries do not exist for the application (!).

After a reboot, menu entries did appear (with no icons though), but pressing them doesn't do anything. Libreoffice simply won't start, no error message or anything. Help, please?

Thank you for the great efforts and making 2 of my weakest PCs become lightning fast!

Try typing libreoffice4.2 in a terminal window, then copy the results (for urxvt select everything with the left mouse button and middle-click with the mouse wheel wherever you want to paste) and share them here.

OverDrive wrote:
I thought you would like to know LibreOffice will not play powerpoint presentations with sound out of the box in Puppy without gstreamer installed.

I downloaded Shinobar's gstreamer sfs for Slacko off of his server at:
http://shino.pos.to/party/bridge.cgi?puppy/slacko/opt/

He also has a gstreamer sfs for Wary and Lucid at:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=73094

I am thinking this might be helpful to list on the first page.

Added to the first page, thank you.

Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Wed 09 Apr 2014, 16:17    Post_subject:  

LibreOffice-4.2.2_en-US_xz.sfs (172mb)
LibreOffice-4.2.2_en-US_xz.pet (209mb)
slavvo67

PostPosted: Wed 09 Apr 2014, 17:32    Post_subject:  

I literally just downloaded the 4.2 in Tahr last night. No big changes in 4.2.2 I hope?

Note: Works in Tahr but the Menu icons do not seem to work. I decided to go into usr/bin and change libreoffice4.2 to libreoffice so I can just type it into the shell console to boot. No problem, that way.
Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Wed 09 Apr 2014, 18:39    Post_subject:  

slavvo67 wrote:
I literally just downloaded the 4.2 in Tahr last night. No big changes in 4.2.2 I hope?

Note: Works in Tahr but the Menu icons do not seem to work. I decided to go into usr/bin and change libreoffice4.2 to libreoffice so I can just type it into the shell console to boot. No problem, that way.

bug fixes and possibly a few new menu items from what i skimmed. maybe a few new text special effects/"now with a box around it," etc.

sfs installed great in 561, the pet in tahr was fine but for the fact it changed my icon shortcuts back to default (i prefer odt and doc/docx differentiated at a glance. and big icons generally bug me.) my menu stayed intact. (same entries that were there for 4.2.0 still work. i guess the change from 4.2.0 to 4.2.2 is less of a hassle for the machine than from the 4.1 series to the 4.2.)

i've got one more install to do, the pet into precise 5.5--will be very surprised if i don't have to relink the icons, but not if the menu needs a reboot or a jwm restart or similar. [update: menu entries/icons were fine, custom desktop icons reset to default.]

anyway, almost assuredly no real difference (they update by time not issue).
vicmz

PostPosted: Thu 10 Apr 2014, 05:51    Post_subject:  

Puppus Dogfellow wrote:

Thanks! First page updated.

slavvo67

PostPosted: Thu 10 Apr 2014, 17:22    Post_subject:  

Mine was a clean install to Tahr but for some reason the menu icons didn't tie back to the program. It might be a me issue, so I'll probably just up to the 4.2.2, anyway.

Best and thanks for the pet / sfs!

Slavvo67
Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Thu 10 Apr 2014, 19:59    Post_subject:  

vicmz wrote:
Puppus Dogfellow wrote:

Thanks! First page updated.

you're welcome.

slavvo67 wrote:
Mine was a clean install to Tahr but for some reason the menu icons didn't tie back to the program. It might be a me issue, so I'll probably just up to the 4.2.2, anyway.

Best and thanks for the pet / sfs!

Slavvo67

sorry/you're welcome.

even after a reboot the menu items were useless? (bringing it up because i think i remember once having to reboot to get an early 4.0 or 4.1 installation to work right).
vicmz

PostPosted: Thu 10 Apr 2014, 21:26    Post_subject:  

Could it be the menu files? For example, in Openbox I had to edit the Documents section in the lxde-applications.menu file. I added "Office" to the list of categories and then the entries popped in.

Here's LibreOffice 4.2.3 fresh from the bakery:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bwu348ou2vqqeyr/LibreOffice-4.2.3_es_xz.sfs

slavvo67

PostPosted: Thu 10 Apr 2014, 21:52    Post_subject:  

Yes, even after the reboot I have dead menu icons. I didn't try the 2 new versions, yet.

I did a quick fix by creating a launcher in root/my-applications/bin, calling it libre1 and throwing a link and icon onto the desktop. So now I just type libre1 in the console or click the icon on the desktop.

#!/bin/bash
libreoffice --writer

It's strange that they don't work. I hate dead menu entries to I think I'll tear the pet open and try to fix for Tahr.
Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Fri 11 Apr 2014, 00:11    Post_subject:  

vicmz wrote:

This LibreOffice packages were compiled or generated by forum members and put here for reference. The packages should work for most Puppy Linux versions. Some packages include a second language, for example French or Spanish. LibreOffice will set to the system language or the language you choose at Tools > Options > Languages, so you can perfectly use any of these LibreOffice packages in English, or in any other language by installing a langpack, see the language packs section at the end of the post.
English + Spanish translation and help files created using the get-libreoffice utility by 01micko:

[...]

Here's LibreOffice 4.2.3 fresh from the bakery:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bwu348ou2vqqeyr/LibreOffice-4.2.3_es_xz.sfs

i mirrored LO423-es-en.sfs with a name change to reflect it's got the english text also.

LO423-es-en.pet is a pet made from it.

vic, like you, i use 01micko's program to get the sfs together. please word future thread openings to acknowledge him in my efforts as well. thanks.

on my machines, right clicking on an sfs results in (among fifty other things) four ways to turn it into a pet. i'm almost certain TheAsterisk!'s sfs2pet-20121001 is what i use...

so 423 is out already, huh. i posted the sched in this thread. maybe i should have checked it out...

slavvo67 wrote:
I literally just downloaded the 4.2 in Tahr last night.

Very Happy
slavvo67

PostPosted: Fri 11 Apr 2014, 14:49    Post_subject:  

You're killing me!!! But I sing your praises!! I just scripted a very simple terminal conversion tool and I'm very happy! Very Happy

Now I need to make sure the conversions are true to form (not true to themselves --- I hate that stupid phrase). Laughing
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 6 of 11 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Documents
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum