thanks

nilsonmorales

#63 Post by nilsonmorales »

I guess you already have running conky lua and conky switcher
send screenshots
regards

solo

#64 Post by solo »

Does anyone still have a link to a repository containing the conky-1.8.1.pet that works?

I can't find one anywhere.

ally

#65 Post by ally »

Fossil

#66 Post by Fossil »

Attempting to access the conky pet via the puppylinuxstuff page gave a blank screen. However, Scott Jarvis's Akita website does have a conky-1.8.1-akita.pet. http://akita.scottjarvis.com/

solo

#67 Post by solo »

Yeah, I discovered the blank screen as well.

Thank you very much for the akita conky link Fossil. I'm running Precise 5.7.1 myself, so I have no idea how that is working out, but we'll see.

solo

#68 Post by solo »

Well maybe its on account of me having Pwidgets installed also, but when I make akita conky state its version, it tells me it is in fact 1.6.1., which is not surprising, because it does not seem to support images.

Not too big of a deal. Had a nice fiddle with it and I'm pleased with the result. It's a keeper untill I find the other, illusive conky-1.8.1.pet.

solo

#69 Post by solo »

Okay for those interested, found conky-1.8.1 here:

https://archive.org/details/Puppy_Linux_Saluki_Pets

Works fine on Puppy Precise 5.7.1.

killapup

Clock Widget

#70 Post by killapup »

G'day all you pups,

I've got a query relating to the Conky Clock Widget available from Smokey's Saluki pet_packages repository, I hope this thread is the relevant one to post about this.

It installed ok, and works well except for the calendar. I'll post an image to show the problem. I've tried looking in the set up file but I can't see how to change anything to align the dates with the day names.

Can anyone tell me why it is like this and, more specifically, how to fix it? Thanks.

Ray
Attachments
Conkyclockwidget.png
(16.43 KiB) Downloaded 1009 times
Slacko 6.3.2 on
Asus X54C 4Gb RAM
Also VectorLinux64 plus many others :D

solo

#71 Post by solo »

I found a website where the problem is discussed and a solution is offered.

http://conky.pitstop.free.fr/wiki/index ... y_%28en%29

Oh, and here's the calender script he/she uses:

http://conky.pitstop.free.fr/wiki/index ... r_%28en%29

gcmartin

#72 Post by gcmartin »

Hi @Killapup. Would you publish which solution you found workable? Thanks

killapup

#73 Post by killapup »

gcmartin wrote:Hi @Killapup. Would you publish which solution you found workable? Thanks
Thanks, solo, for the links to those pages, I was able to fix it, for gcmartin's info (and anyone else who is interested), by installing the font that is listed in the script.

I knew I had Dejavu fonts installed (they seem to come standard with most Linux systems, so...???) so I figured that the monospaced one was installed as well, but it wasn't so I just installed dejavu-fonts-ttf-2.33 in the Puppy Package Manager, restarted X and voila, all lined up.

The only bit that isn't quite right is the highlighted number for today is sitting higher than the other number?? (see image) I'll have to investigate that and see if I can fix it, not a worry for now.

Of course, I may install a different font to pretty it up a bit more at some point but for now, I'm happy that it is working.

Cheers all. :)
Attachments
Conkyclockwidgetfixd.png
(16.99 KiB) Downloaded 1085 times
Slacko 6.3.2 on
Asus X54C 4Gb RAM

killapup

Button not working :(

#74 Post by killapup »

G'day again,

another issue with Conky Clock Widget, this time in Precise Puppy 5.7.

I've installed this .pet in my Precise 5.7 installation but the button won't show and thus won't work. I've tried changing its position in case it was being hidden by something on the desktop but it won't show up at all.

Does anyone know where I need to look to find out why it is not showing up. I installed it exactly the same as the other two or three times I've installed it in the other Puppies. Meaning that I downloaded the .pet and clicked on it to install it, no interference by user at all.

Can anyone help? Thanks,
Ray
Slacko 6.3.2 on
Asus X54C 4Gb RAM

solo

#75 Post by solo »

Well as it happens I had a Precise Puppy 5.7.1. running, so I downloaded and installed the conky clock widget, and tried to set it up.
After you've installed the pet, you need to open the readme text file in ~/.config/conky/clockwidget, and follow the instructions in there.
I found that both the conkyclock and btnclockwdgt were already executable, so you can skip that action.
However, when I went to Terminal and executed the command -conkyclock start-, what I got was this:

Code: Select all

# conkyclock start
# /bin/conkyclock: line 18: /usr/bin/python: No such file or directory
conky: error while loading shared libraries: libImlib2.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
So obviously, the conkyclock widget needs Python and the imlib2 package installed.

I believe they can both be found in the PPM.

Oh, and obviously, you also need to have Conky installed.

killapup

#76 Post by killapup »

Hey solo,

sorry to be a bit slow getting back to this thread but I've got python 2.7.2 and 3.2.3 installed and there is a folder called imlib2 in my usr/lib folder so my button should be working??

Having said that, there is no usr/bin/python that I can see, there are a couple of python-related files in there though.

Also, when I try 'conkyclock start' in terminal, I get 'bash: conkyclock: command not found' Could that mean that something didn't install properly?? Maybe I should try uninstalling the clock and reinstall it, who knows, it might work!!

So. I don't know what is going on with the button but everything else is working ok. Thanks anyway, I'll keep looking, there must be some explanation, I guess,

Ray
Slacko 6.3.2 on
Asus X54C 4Gb RAM

solo

#77 Post by solo »

This is just a hunch, but right underneath the conkyclock widget file listed on the archive.org Saluki PET repository, there's this file called conky_DEV-2.3.3.4-i486.pet.
There's a slim chance that you're issues would be solved if you install this PET.

It doesn't hurt to try anyway.

killapup

#78 Post by killapup »

solo wrote:This is just a hunch, but right underneath the conkyclock widget file listed on the archive.org Saluki PET repository, there's this file called conky_DEV-2.3.3.4-i486.pet.
There's a slim chance that you're issues would be solved if you install this PET.

Thanks solo, I'll give that a try soon, I can't say that I remember doing that with the other installs but, like you say, it can't hurt, cheers,

Ray
Slacko 6.3.2 on
Asus X54C 4Gb RAM

killapup

#79 Post by killapup »

solo wrote:This is just a hunch, but right underneath the conkyclock widget file listed on the archive.org Saluki PET repository, there's this file called conky_DEV-2.3.3.4-i486.pet.

Thanks solo, I'll give that a try soon, I can't say that I remember doing that with the other installs but, like you say, it can't hurt, cheers,

Ray

Sorry for the double post, but can I get rid of it? Do I just delete the contents of it to delete? Or does that just give us a blank post?? I've never done that before :oops:
Slacko 6.3.2 on
Asus X54C 4Gb RAM

killapup

#80 Post by killapup »

G'day again solo,

I tried installing that conky dev you suggested but it didn't make any difference. I also tried delaying the startup for the conky window, just in case it was interfering with the clock widget start up, but again, no difference. Anyway, I'll keep looking and experimenting.

Cheers all, Ray
Slacko 6.3.2 on
Asus X54C 4Gb RAM