Disable firefox suggestions

Booting, installing, newbie
rufwoof

Disable firefox suggestions

#1 Post by rufwoof »

Firefox 27.0.1
Slacko 5.7 PAE

When using xvkbd to enter text into search fields, Firefox offers suggestions (previous visited) options - but that involves having to double key to clear that suggestion and enter the next character.

In the attached image for example, I've loaded google search, fired up xvkbd, set the focus for text entry to the google search box and typed (xvkbd clicked) in 'n' and firefox suggests news.bbc.co.uk (that I've previously visited), which means that if I'm typing (clicking) 'o' next, that's lost and I have to (annoyingly) type (click) 'o' again.

I've tried installing extensions and made adjustments to the about:config options, but cannot stop that (un)helpful suggestions option popping up.

Ultimately I want to have my puppy connected via HDMI to a TV and wireless remote controlled (hence xvkbd installed) from a tablet (using VNC) - whilst not a show-stopper, it is annoying to have to double click letters to do searches.

Any ideas of how to be rid of such helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA
Attachments
Screenshot_2014-03-15_013925.png
(105.28 KiB) Downloaded 110 times

ardvark

#2 Post by ardvark »

Hi...

Do the suggestions here help? :)

Regards...
Our Lord and Savior [url=http://peacewithgod.jesus.net/]Jesus Christ[/url] loves and cares about you most of all!

PLEASE READ! You don't have to end up [url=http://www.spiritlessons.com/Documents/BillWiese_23MinutesInHell_Text.htm]here![/url]

rufwoof

#3 Post by rufwoof »

ardvark wrote:Hi...

Do the suggestions here help? :)

Regards...
Your a star ardvark. Thanks. (Not the full solution, but put me on the right lines (clear history and set not to record history within Firefox options/preferences)).

It took a while to sort out google not popping up with suggestions (installed addon to stop that). Now its all good. Thanks again.

ardvark

#4 Post by ardvark »

Hi...

You're welcome, glad it helped! :)

Regards...