Canon Pixma MG6120 6100 series

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
oldWizard

Canon Pixma MG6120 6100 series

#1 Post by oldWizard »

Have tried all the available Canon drivers, but nothing works for this printer so guess I need specific driver. Scanner driver would be a plus. Use this printer exclusively for printing labels on CD/DVDs so is configured as a European printer but is using normal US drivers.
Printer is on LAN with fixed IP. Have Brother HL-4150cdn working fine on the same network..
Using Slacko Puppy 5.7.1
Thanks for any help or info.

ardvark

Re: Canon Pixma MG6120 6100 series

#2 Post by ardvark »

oldWizard wrote:Have tried all the available Canon drivers, but nothing works for this printer so guess I need specific driver. Scanner driver would be a plus.
Welcome to the forums :)

I'm not sure how well this will work with Slacko but I found a specific driver here. The Ubuntu thread where I learned of this is here.

Should that fail to work, a paid program called Turboprint 2 also supports your printer, although not the scanner. I also don't know or if it will work in Puppy.

rcrsn51 usually rides herd in this section of the forum. so he might have better information.

Hope this helps... :)
Our Lord and Savior [url=http://peacewithgod.jesus.net/]Jesus Christ[/url] loves and cares about you most of all!

PLEASE READ! You don't have to end up [url=http://www.spiritlessons.com/Documents/BillWiese_23MinutesInHell_Text.htm]here![/url]

oldWizard

#3 Post by oldWizard »

ardvark wrote:
[/quote]
I'm not sure how well this will work with Slacko but I found a specific driver here. The Ubuntu thread where I learned of this is here. [/quote]

Thanks for the lead. Downloaded it but haven't had a chance to try and install it. Appears to be a DEB file. A lot of my customers have suddenly become aware their XP is ending next month despite my continual warnings over the last 6 months. MS released an update that puts a popup warning on the startup screens.
Have found 3 that are interested in trying Puppy.
Will let you know how the Ubuntu driver works ASAP.
Thanks again :D :D

ardvark

#4 Post by ardvark »

Hi...

In case it doesn't work with Slacko, you could also try using the driver with Precise 5.6.1 or 5.7.1, which seems to have an Ubuntu compatibility layer. :)

Regards...

rcrsn51

#5 Post by rcrsn51 »

There is an MG6100 series driver posted in the Canon printer section.

oldWizard

rcrsn1

#6 Post by oldWizard »

Thanks for the posting.
Will try it ASAP.