Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun 21 Dec 2014, 20:46
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Fatdog64-630:Click/mount icon WITHOUT rox window?(Solved)
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
jtwdyp

PostPosted: Fri 07 Mar 2014, 16:38    Post_subject:  Fatdog64-630:Click/mount icon WITHOUT rox window?(Solved)  

I had a similar question for my Precise & Slacko puppies in:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=89745

Which was solved to my satisfaction when I learned to eliminate {actually #comment out} any/all commands in the
Code:
/usr/local/bin/drive_all
file that looked like:
Code:
rox -x /mnt/$xONEDRVNAME -d /mnt/$xONEDRVNAME
zap the contents of
Code:
/root/.pupevent
«Which don't seem to exist in fatdog. Thus I can't delete it's contents...»

Then save the ram layer, and reboot. Then the rox filer would stop jumping in my way while I'm already hitting a keyboard shortcut to open a terminal window, running mc (the ONLY good file manger in the known universe Exclamation) {opening it of course with the working directory preset to /mnt ...}

I use the keyboard (never ever the mouse) to navigate through my filesystem. If I need rox for something I can't do with mc {a rare event I assure you}, I navigate {or cd} to the appropriate directory with mc and type
Code:
rox .

I only click on the icon because it's easier than checking the available devices with fdisk, then using mkdir to create a mount point {if it doesn't already exist} and finally typing in a mount command... But I never want rox to open a window for it just because I mounted it.

But in Fatdog, I can't find the mojo to keep rox from auto-opening a window.

How can I do this in fatdog:?:QuestionQuestion

--
JtWdyP

Edited_time_total
jamesbond

PostPosted: Sun 09 Mar 2014, 12:21    Post_subject: Re: Fatdog64-630:Click/mount partition icon WITHOUT rox window?  

jtwdyp wrote:

How can I do this in fatdog:?:QuestionQuestion

That's because the mojo lives in another dimension. Try /usr/sbin/fatdog-drive-icon-action-handler.sh and search for the function named "open_rox_folder".

Good luck.

jtwdyp

PostPosted: Sun 09 Mar 2014, 14:48    Post_subject: Re: Fatdog64-630:Click/mount partition icon WITHOUT rox window?  

jamesbond wrote:
jtwdyp wrote:

That's because the mojo lives in another dimension. Try /usr/sbin/fatdog-drive-icon-action-handler.sh and search for the function named "open_rox_folder".

Thanks Exclamation BTW: I'm starting to like this alternate universe Fatdog lives in... A lot! Just wish there were more pets :sigh:

I decided the simplest fix would be to disable the function itself rather than to try to figure out any of the calling code segments...

{I mean I'd rather navigate mc to anyplace I might {on rare occasion} actually want a rox window and type the shell command "rox . " than to have to click on something with the durned rodent to open rox anyway, and I've got a keybinding to open a terminal with mc. Twisted Evil}

But I wasn't sure if the function had to actualy DO something, to avoid some error trap, so when I commented out the rox command I added a dummy variable assignment... The fix started working instantly... Very Happy Very Happy

--
JtWdyP

Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot