fatdog64-630: qterminal pet (build error?) ** HOT FIX **

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
jtwdyp

fatdog64-630: qterminal pet (build error?) ** HOT FIX **

#1 Post by jtwdyp »

I installed the qterminal pet with the package manager in the fatdog control panel... Had a severe problem with function keys, cursor control keys etc not being recognized...
[code]qterminal --help [/code] wrote: Feature requests, bug reports etc please send to: <petr@scribus.info>
petr responded by asking how to find the fatdog package...

Then a couple days later informed me that:
<petr@scribus.info> wrote:ah-ha!

got it. Fatdog's qterminal package is not built correctly.

Its libqtermwidget parts are built to use /usr/local prefix instead of /usr

Hotfix:
cd /usr/local/share
ln -s /usr/share/qtermwidget

then it works much better

Personally I find fatdog world quite confusing. Eg. I'm not able to find
any contact to qterminal packager to consult the bugfix.

Anyway - please try it with the symlink fix and let me know your results.
Well I don't have any idea how to find/contact the fatdog packager for qterminal either...
{unless this post accomplishes that :twisted: }

But I'm using this forum post to inform other fatdog users of both the problem and the fix... And that the "fix" in the form of

Code: Select all

ln -s /usr/share/qtermwidget /usr/local/share/qtermwidget
worked for me...
[color=brown][size=67]
--
JtWdyP

[/size][/color]

Ted Dog

#2 Post by Ted Dog »

wow.. you only have a hundred or so posts in and already a power problem solver... I will be watching you kid... :D

jtwdyp

#3 Post by jtwdyp »

Ted Dog wrote:wow.. you only have a hundred or so posts in and already a power problem solver... I will be watching you kid... :D
Well I've been wrestling with various Linux for years. And one thing I've learned is that If I understand a problem, and I care about it enough, I need to be relentless looking for a solution. This time I got lucky in that the --help text actually pointed at someone who works on the project'a code. And the really amazing part wasn't even that the email address was still valid, but that the person at the other end cared about it enough to spend time on it, upon just one informal bug report. :? :D When does that happen :?:

The part I might deserve credit for was that as soon as I tested the fix he provided, I shared it with the rest of the fatdog community.
[color=brown][size=67]
--
JtWdyP

[/size][/color]