Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 21 Nov 2014, 08:25
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware » Video
OpenGL Games on ATI Graphics not working on MacPup 5.2.5
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
macpup16

PostPosted: Thu 20 Feb 2014, 16:58    Post subject:  OpenGL Games on ATI Graphics not working on MacPup 5.2.5  

To begin with, I am new to this forum, and would like to introduce myself. I am a longtime user of both MacPup and Puppy Linux (which are basically the same thing), and some other versions of Linux. I am pretty experienced with computers, but I signed up here because I do need some help, and to discuss my favorite Linux version, Puppy Linux. Anyways, I am looking forward to meeting everyone. Now onto the questions. I am running MacPup 5.2.5 on a Fujitsu LifeBook N6420 with ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 graphics, but I am unable to play OpenGL games at a playable FPS. I have tried every driver I could run with my graphics, but to no avail. Some games just crash completely, while others are unplayable because they are so slow. Does anyone here know what I should do? Is there a specific driver I should try? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks - macpup
ardvark

PostPosted: Thu 20 Feb 2014, 23:10    Post subject:  

Hi...

Welcome to the forums Smile

Let's first find out what driver you're using. Please open a terminal and post the output of...

Code:
glxinfo | grep -i vendor

You will need the package "mesa-utils" installed to perform this function, so in case you come up with an error message, just go to the Puppy Package Manager and type in the name of the above program and you should be able to install it from there. If not, it's possible the version I've included below might work, even though it's for Lucid.

Also, please include the output for your video card/chipset using this command...

Code:
lspci -nn

Regards...
Mesa-utils-7.7.1-Lucid.pet
Description 
pet

Download 
Filename  Mesa-utils-7.7.1-Lucid.pet 
Filesize  20.86 KB 
Downloaded  78 Time(s) 

PLEASE READ! You don't have to end up here!
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware » Video
Jump to: