Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 17 Apr 2014, 02:27
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Unsorted
Pcdripper (PBcdripper) - version 2.9 posted
Moderators: deshlab, Flash, GuestToo, Ian, JohnMurga, Lobster
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 3 of 11 [159 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 9, 10, 11 Next
klhrevolutionist

PostPosted: Sat 28 Oct 2006, 00:24    Post subject:  

plinej: To answer your question about the size of the frame, no.

But I fixed it for my machine. You need to resize your "scan disc results frame"
to 'w 120' 'h 120'

Other than that I am satisfied & hope you mention this app to BK so as to replace ripperX. That is unless you do not wish to not update..

My first request was for a quick cd rip to a chosen directory. I suggest a couple other quick buttons to do other jobs. If your up to it.

Personally I have been working on some small scripts to do simple task like converting this to that...

plinej

PostPosted: Sat 28 Oct 2006, 00:50    Post subject:  

Thanks klhrevolutionist, I'll update the results box size. As for the quick rip function you can use the set button after setting all of your defaults and click on the user button to execute them. Everytime afterwards you can just click on the user button to execute your pre-designated defaults. The /root/.pbcdripper folder will need to be backed up for this to work. I, or maybe Mark, will work on implementing a better user default setup but for now it'll work the way I specified. You can read more in the help section of the app.
Flash
Official Dog Handler

PostPosted: Sat 28 Oct 2006, 08:49    Post subject:  

Plinej, where does PBcdripper put the mp3 files? If I tell it to put them all in the same folder, will it overwrite old files with new files of the same name? (Sorry, I downloaded your program but haven't got to the library yet to check out a CD book to try it on.)
plinej

PostPosted: Sat 28 Oct 2006, 09:10    Post subject:  

Select the directory you want to rip to by clicking the folder button, and yes files will be overwritten if you rip to the same directory. I would just rip disc 1 with "disc01-" in the preceding name for tracks field and "disc02-" for disc 2 and so on. That way the newer files won't overwrite the old and you can rip to the same folder.
Flash
Official Dog Handler

PostPosted: Sat 28 Oct 2006, 09:14    Post subject:  

Thanks. I'll try it this weekend. Very Happy
plinej

PostPosted: Sat 28 Oct 2006, 11:26    Post subject:  

updated to 1.2, just a couple of small fixes.
plinej

PostPosted: Sat 28 Oct 2006, 19:33    Post subject:  

Flash's post in the PBrename thread:

Quote:
I also thought of a modification to plinej's PBcdripper which I think will make it do what I want. Laughing I'd add an "Audio Book" button that does two things. The first I think may be easy: make the track number three digits long, 001, 002, etc., instead of just two digits, 01, 02, etc.. The second may be more of a challenge: when the same folder is chosen as the target folder for mp3s from several CDs, look in the target folder for the mp3 file with the highest number, then add one to that for the next mp3 file. (I'm assuming that if you choose the same folder now, PBcdripper will overwrite the existing files, 01, 02, etc., with the new ones of the same name.)

My reply:

cdparanoia's default output is track01.cdda.wav, track02.cdda.wav, etc...
I used sed to remove track & .cdda from that leaving only 01, 02, 03, etc...
I'm not sure what the default would be for 100+ track cd but it may possibly already automatically default to 001, 002, 003, etc... You'll have to let me know if does. I've got an audio book on cd somewhere around the house if I find it I'll check for myself. As for the other suggestion I'd really have to think about how to implement that but like I said before I'd just use the "Enter preceding name for tracks" box and put in "disc01-" for disc 1 and so on. That way your mp3s will still be in chronological order when you burn to cd. Otherwise you could use the "output to single track" checkbox which would output the entire cd to one track.
Flash
Official Dog Handler

PostPosted: Sun 29 Oct 2006, 14:37    Post subject:  

Thanks, plinej.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I think I got everything set up right, but nothing happens when I click "rip." The CD plays in Gxine, so I know that the computer can read it ok. Here's everything I could think to put in a screenshot.
PBcdripper screenshot.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   95.54 KB
 Viewed   692 Time(s)

PBcdripper screenshot.jpg

plinej

PostPosted: Sun 29 Oct 2006, 15:53    Post subject:  

Flash, I'm not sure what you're doing wrong either. Do you have the file /etc/cdromdevice ?
Your terminal says no such file. Barry's puppy cd wizard should enter your selected cdrom reader device to that file. Also when you click on the folder to select your directory you need to select something otherwise your files will rip to /root/
plinej

PostPosted: Sun 29 Oct 2006, 15:58    Post subject:  

I just set the exact same settings as you and am currently ripping a disc with those options.
Flash
Official Dog Handler

PostPosted: Sun 29 Oct 2006, 19:22    Post subject:  

Huh, no /etc/cdromdevice. I don't remember doing anything that would have deleted it. Are you using Puppy 2.11?
plinej

PostPosted: Sun 29 Oct 2006, 19:49    Post subject:  

Yes, I'm running 2.11. You may have to run Barry's Puppy CD/DVD drive wizard and choose your cdrom reader even though the default may be right. I thought the defaults automatically are written to /etc/ but maybe they aren't. I'll have to look into that and possibly come up with a fix. I could just have a script that looks for /etc/cdromdevice and if it doesn't find it then it will write it with a default hdb. I'll do that tonight if I've got time.
plinej

PostPosted: Sun 29 Oct 2006, 19:54    Post subject:  

What I'll do is if it can't find that file it will just use /dev/cdrom as the default.
MU

PostPosted: Sun 29 Oct 2006, 20:52    Post subject:  

I think Flash uses a multisession-CD , and has no harddisk.

Maybe for this reason there is no /dev/cdromdevice.
Maybe it just appears, if Pup_save.3fs is on a harddisk (not on a CD).
Mark
plinej

PostPosted: Sun 29 Oct 2006, 20:58    Post subject:  

1.3 update will be up in a minute. I changed the scripts around to read the cdrom device from /tmp/pbripper-cdromdevice which will be written by pbcdripper.

#!/bin/sh
if [ "`ls /etc/cdromdevice`" = "" ]
then
echo cdrom > /tmp/pbripper-cdromdevice
else
cat /etc/cdromdevice > /tmp/pbripper-cdromdevice
fi

That should fix the problem of having no /etc/cdromdevice and will just use the default /dev/cdrom that puppy will automatically symlink to. You of course can run Barry's wizard to create /etc/cdromdevice too.
Page 3 of 11 [159 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 9, 10, 11 Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Unsorted
Jump to: