LxPup-by-SFS (LXDE)

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
peebee

Setup pet for woof-ce built Slacko 5.7

#81 Post by peebee »

Here is the setup pet for the Slacko5.7 test builds (woof-ce builds).

Many thanks to 01micko for the system-tray fix for LxPanelX as I would have been very sad to have to stop using it.

I've changed the background to a lighter one as the new tray icons for battery and sound do not work on a dark background.

Cheers
peebee
Attachments
lxpupsetup-s.5.7.1.pet
updated 29-dec-2013
(146.36 KiB) Downloaded 799 times
Last edited by peebee on Sun 29 Dec 2013, 20:08, edited 2 times in total.
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

Volhout

fix for 13.11

#82 Post by Volhout »

Hi PeeBee,

Will you incorporate this fic also in 13.11 (or 13.12 / 14.01) ?
Or do you plan to work on a Slacko 5.7 release with LXDE ?

Volhout

peebee

Re: fix for 13.11

#83 Post by peebee »

Volhout wrote:Hi PeeBee,

Will you incorporate this fic also in 13.11 (or 13.12 / 14.01) ?
Or do you plan to work on a Slacko 5.7 release with LXDE ?

Volhout
Hi Volhout

I will track the Slacko 5.7 pre-releases to check that the LxPup can be built - the pet above being the first change needed for the new woof-ce builds - and then will make a new LxPup iso - probably 14.01 I would imagine - when Slacko 5.7 is released.

see: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 759#746759

LxPup13.11 on Slacko5.6 does not require the changes.

Cheers
peebee
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

peebee

LxPup add-on for Quirky Tahr

#84 Post by peebee »

Experimental.....

07-feb-14 lxpupsetup pet re-uploaded

Install onto Quirky Tahr:

1. quirky_tahr_lxpup-5.7.05.pet

then

2. lxpupsetup-qt.5.7.045.pet

Activate LxPup....

To deactivate - use the PPM to unload #2

Cheers
peebee
Attachments
capture8395.png
(142.44 KiB) Downloaded 1746 times
Last edited by peebee on Fri 07 Feb 2014, 21:09, edited 1 time in total.

slenkar

#85 Post by slenkar »

Im using it with Quirky Tahir, it's very nice thanks

I had a slight problem where if you open up several programs the clock goes off the screen because the taskbar gets bigger, instead of making the program icons smaller.

Also it seems to do something to the command line because when I try to compile something it complains about the arguments

peebee

#86 Post by peebee »

The lxpupsetup pet for Quirky-Tahr has been re-uploaded....

#slenkar - I don't see your panel tab problem with LxPup - have you changed any panel settings?

Checked Q-T - no problem there either.....

Cheers
peebee

slenkar

#87 Post by slenkar »

yes I probably did change the settings oops

dont know how the command line argument thing happened though

slenkar

#88 Post by slenkar »

does this lxpup-by-sfs do a chroot or some other linux command to change some system variable?

slenkar

#89 Post by slenkar »

does this lxpup-by-sfs do a chroot or some other linux command to change some system variable?

peebee

#90 Post by peebee »

slenkar wrote:does this lxpup-by-sfs do a chroot or some other linux command to change some system variable?
Don't believe so....if you can give more details of what you are trying to do and what problems you are experiencing I might be able to duplicate and investigate....

I assume it's the Quirky-Tahr pets you are using? Have you tried your problem task on vanilla Q-T without the lxpup pets?

peebee

Quirky Tahr pets updated to LxPup14.03 state

#91 Post by peebee »

Updated 19-mar-2014

Install LxPup onto Quirky Tahr using these pets:

1. lxpup_quirky_tahr-14.03.pet

2. lxpupsetup_qirky_tahr-14.03.pet

If you have the previous pets installed, use the Puppy Package Manager to uninstall first the setup pet and deactivate LxPup then the main pet before loading the new pets. If you have made any serious panel changes it might be wise to save the changed config files before doing the uninstall/reinstall (from /root/.config/lxpanelx/LXDE/panels)

Cheers
peebee
Last edited by peebee on Mon 28 Apr 2014, 16:17, edited 2 times in total.

step

Re: Quirky Tahr pets updated to LxPup14.03 state

#92 Post by step »

Very nice, thank you!
P.S. the link to lxpup pets for QT in the first posting of your lxpup thread points to the wrong spot, it should probably point to http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/posting.php?p=755424

slenkar

#93 Post by slenkar »

peebee wrote:
slenkar wrote:does this lxpup-by-sfs do a chroot or some other linux command to change some system variable?
Don't believe so....if you can give more details of what you are trying to do and what problems you are experiencing I might be able to duplicate and investigate....

I assume it's the Quirky-Tahr pets you are using? Have you tried your problem task on vanilla Q-T without the lxpup pets?
Yes I am using an IDE which compiles code by calling programs on the commandline, it works on vanilla Quirky Tahir but not after installing lxpup.
it is the IDE at monkeycoder.co.nz
You can install the free version

peebee

#94 Post by peebee »

slenkar wrote:
peebee wrote:

Yes I am using an IDE which compiles code by calling programs on the commandline, it works on vanilla Quirky Tahir but not after installing lxpup.
it is the IDE at monkeycoder.co.nz
You can install the free version
What error messages do you get??

slenkar

#95 Post by slenkar »

Basically the IDE is calling a compiled executable on the command line

The executable is called Trans (it translates code, but that isnt important)

When lxpup is installed I get a weird error message from trans that indicates it received the wrong arguments, so somehow the call to trans is being altered.

I can get the exact error message if you want? (dont think it will help)

peebee

Latest versions uploaded to SourceForge

#96 Post by peebee »

LATEST VERSIONS UPLOADED 28-apr-14:

All the latest SFSs & Setup Pets for all flavours are available from SourceForge

See the instructions in the first post on how to install.

Insomniacno1

#97 Post by Insomniacno1 »

Hi, any chance you could make a version for Wary 5.5?

I can't use the iso to install since my pc, won't allow any boot from cd - all linux versions I tried end up in kernel panic. So in the past I have moved my hdd to another pc and installed there, then moved back again and it worked fine. But now the other pc died today, and I don't have replacement motherboard to fix it:(

I like the idea to have more than one DE/WM to choose from:)

with kind regards

JBJ
Freezing my ass off in Denmark - came back on june 12, from 45 degrees celsius in the Philippines.

peebee

#98 Post by peebee »

Insomniacno1 wrote:Hi, any chance you could make a version for Wary 5.5?
Pretty unlikely I'm afraid given that Wary is now rather long in the tooth and no longer actively supported by BK.

Recommend you investigate ways to boot more modern pups - from usb stick? or use a usb stick to do a manual frugal install to your hdd? (if you're unsure howto seek help from an appropriate topic on the forum....)

Sorry!
peebee

Insomniacno1

#99 Post by Insomniacno1 »

Pretty unlikely I'm afraid given that Wary is now rather long in the tooth and no longer actively supported by BK.

Recommend you investigate ways to boot more modern pups - from usb stick? or use a usb stick to do a manual frugal install to your hdd? (if you're unsure howto seek help from an appropriate topic on the forum....)

Sorry!
peebee
Ufortunately that is not an option:( This old pc can't boot from USB, and although memtest says that RAM is ok, I keep getting kernel panic if I boot any kind of linux - with one exceptence Slitaz 3.

But I like puppy, not really Slitaz though its fast, but the author forgot to make CD/DVD burning available to the user eventhough you type root in the authentication box. Also it has some problems with USB modems and some wireless USB netcards.

I really hope you will reconsider:)

With kind regards

JBJ

[/quote]

Insomniacno1

#100 Post by Insomniacno1 »

Hi again, I managed to build another pc and this one has now your Lxpup 14.03 nopae installed, and it works fine - but I do have one small request - Could you tell me how to change the language of the menus and desktop into danish language?

I allready been to PPM to install anything I could find with da or dk for my language, that changed some of the menu items but rest remains in english.

It seems like the language pack is not complete - or am I missing something?

With kind regards

JBJ