Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 20 Oct 2014, 17:35
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
X-precise-2.4 Final
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 15 of 24 [348 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, ..., 22, 23, 24 Next
Geoffrey

PostPosted: Fri 29 Nov 2013, 15:55    Post subject: Re: How to stop screen blanking (watching movies, etc)  

dennis-slacko531 wrote:
I use X-precise-2.2 pretty much all the time. I think it's necessary today to cut off the automatic "screensaver" mode, but I've yet to find it. Have a great weekend!!

I didn't see anything in the menu to do that, but you can do it in terminal, " xset +dpms " turns it on and " xset -dpms " turns it off.

rg66

PostPosted: Sat 30 Nov 2013, 03:12    Post subject: Re: How to stop screen blanking (watching movies, etc)  

Geoffrey wrote:
dennis-slacko531 wrote:
I use X-precise-2.2 pretty much all the time. I think it's necessary today to cut off the automatic "screensaver" mode, but I've yet to find it. Have a great weekend!!

I didn't see anything in the menu to do that, but you can do it in terminal, " xset +dpms " turns it on and " xset -dpms " turns it off.

That will turn off dpms (energy star), but you also need to turn off screen blanking.

Code:
xset s off

umair

PostPosted: Mon 02 Dec 2013, 03:59    Post subject:  

rg66 wrote:

Good to hear you got it working. It sounds like Wine is over writing something in LibreOffice with a older version. What I would try is to boot without a savefile, load wine manually with SFS-load and then load the newer LibreOffice to see if it and Wine work ok.
I would think SFS's are loaded alphabetically or maybe by order in SFS-load. If this works you could try renaming the Wine SFS to something like aWine or whatever so it loads first, or making sure Wine is in the SFS-load list first.
Just guessing though.

@ rg66:
Tried that, still have a same problem.
umair

PostPosted: Tue 03 Dec 2013, 02:36    Post subject:  

umair wrote:
rg66 wrote:

Good to hear you got it working. It sounds like Wine is over writing something in LibreOffice with a older version. What I would try is to boot without a savefile, load wine manually with SFS-load and then load the newer LibreOffice to see if it and Wine work ok.
I would think SFS's are loaded alphabetically or maybe by order in SFS-load. If this works you could try renaming the Wine SFS to something like aWine or whatever so it loads first, or making sure Wine is in the SFS-load list first.
Just guessing though.

@ rg66:
Tried that, still have a same problem.

Hi rg66: I downloaded the openoffice 4. Working Superbly alongwith openoffice quick starter. Here is the screenshot Wink :
(UMAIR)
Screenshot4.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   79.52 KB
 Viewed   686 Time(s)

Screenshot4.jpg

umair

PostPosted: Sun 26 Jan 2014, 00:07    Post subject:  

hi rg66 :
I am using X-Precise for more thn three months. Working nicely without any problem. Yesturday I was deleting some of my personal files from the home folder (I am using FRUGAL Installation). After reboot now I am not able to access that partition. Posting the screesnhot. Any idea about that ?
Thanks in Advance.
(UMAIR)
screen.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   40.15 KB
 Viewed   437 Time(s)

screen.jpg

rg66

PostPosted: Sun 26 Jan 2014, 09:28    Post subject:  

umair wrote:
hi rg66 :
I am using X-Precise for more thn three months. Working nicely without any problem. Yesturday I was deleting some of my personal files from the home folder (I am using FRUGAL Installation). After reboot now I am not able to access that partition. Posting the screesnhot. Any idea about that ?
Thanks in Advance.
(UMAIR)

Got me on that one. Can you access the partition if booting into RAM? Is it an ntfs partition? If so you may need to do a "chkdsk /f" on a windows machine.

It might be looking for fsckme.flg and it's not there or corrupted. Are you using grub4dos? If so does the precise entry have "pfix=fsck"? Maybe get rid of that and try again.

Just guessing though.

umair

PostPosted: Mon 27 Jan 2014, 01:58    Post subject:  

rg66 wrote:

Got me on that one. Can you access the partition if booting into RAM? Is it an ntfs partition? If so you may need to do a "chkdsk /f" on a windows machine.
It might be looking for fsckme.flg and it's not there or corrupted. Are you using grub4dos? If so does the precise entry have "pfix=fsck"? Maybe get rid of that and try again.
Just guessing though.

Hi rg66:
Its NTFS Partition and I am using GRUB4DOS. I will try as per your guidlines and update you soon.
Thanx
(UMAIR)
umair

PostPosted: Mon 27 Jan 2014, 11:06    Post subject:  

umair wrote:
rg66 wrote:

Just guessing though.

Hi rg66:
Its NTFS Partition and I am using GRUB4DOS. I will try as per your guidlines and update you soon.
Thanx
(UMAIR)

Hi rg66:
I removed the pfix=fsck entry from the menu list but the result was same. After that I tried "chkdsk/f" from windows, restarted that system. Everything goes fine. Now I can access the root partition (which is NTFS) without any issue.
Thanks for the help.
(UMAIR)
baszek

PostPosted: Wed 29 Jan 2014, 05:47    Post subject:  

Can I use pets from carolina in newest x-precise 2.2 ? There are lot of them here: http://www.smokey01.com/carolina/pet_packages-carolina/
baszek

PostPosted: Wed 29 Jan 2014, 05:47    Post subject:  

Can I use pets from carolina in newest x-precise 2.2 ? There are lot of them here: http://www.smokey01.com/carolina/pet_packages-carolina/
pchan

PostPosted: Wed 29 Jan 2014, 07:29    Post subject:  

x- precise is my most used puppy. I cannot express how much i love the feature - that gives me a choice "to save or not save" when i shutdown.

great THANKS to rg66!

Wish I was rich enough to send donations for your work.

Really appreciate x-puppy precise!
rg66

PostPosted: Wed 29 Jan 2014, 08:33    Post subject:  

baszek wrote:

Some will work, some won't. You can try them in RAM so you don't mess up your savefile.

pchan wrote:
Wish I was rich enough to send donations for your work.

Me too! Wink Glad you like it.

baszek

PostPosted: Wed 29 Jan 2014, 11:09    Post subject:  

So how do you install new app ? Do you compile app specially to X-precise ?
I am currently installing apps from puppy package manager.
pchan

PostPosted: Wed 29 Jan 2014, 11:17    Post subject:  

rg66 ,

i need to ask one thing. I am not an expert on computers.

When I install and start xprecise from pendrive, I am able to have this feature - save or not save - at shutdown time.

When i install and start xprecise from external hard disk, I am unable to get this feature - save or don't save - at shutdown time.

Is there anything I can do in order to get this _ save or don't save -feature on my external hard disk installation of xprecise so that it will work just like my usb pendrive?

Thanks
rg66

PostPosted: Thu 30 Jan 2014, 02:17    Post subject:  

baszek wrote:
So how do you install new app ? Do you compile app specially to X-precise ?
I am currently installing apps from puppy package manager.

The apps from package manager are made for precise. The ones in Carolina repo were compiled in Carolina for Carolina.

Page 15 of 24 [348 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, ..., 22, 23, 24 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: