'lina-lite - version 005

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
starhawk

#221 Post by starhawk »

@RAC0902 -- CaroLite 1.1 hangs in the same place on my somewhat modified Neoware CA19 ;) I've a post in that thread about that.

Marv

#222 Post by Marv »

RAC0902 wrote:Tried again with lina-lite.005 last night but still couldn't get it to load as the boot always hangs at the same place.

Renamed the adrive on Carolina 1.1 and that loaded fine. Have only installed Firefox so far and it does seem a bit faster than before but I guess with only a VIA Eden 800mhz processor +1gb RAM it's never going to be quick.
Don't know how you're booting, but since you are playing with it, have you tried passing --ignore-cd as a boot parameter? Below is my Grub4Dos entry for lina-lite. Just a flier.

Code: Select all

title LinaLite005, remaster2, has basics in main sfs @92Mb total glibc patched
  find --set-root --ignore-floppies --ignore-cd /LinaLite005_RM2/initrd.gz
  kernel /LinaLite005_RM2/vmlinuz   psubdir=LinaLite005_RM2 pmedia=ataflash pfix=copy ipv6.disable=1
  initrd /LinaLite005_RM2/initrd.gz
Pups currently in kennel :D Older LxPupSc and X-slacko-4.4 for my users; LxPupSc, LxPupSc64 and upupEF for me. All good pups indeed, and all running savefiles for look'n'feel only. Browsers, etc. solely from SFS.

RAC0902

#223 Post by RAC0902 »

rg66 wrote:
Renaming or removing the adrive wouldn't help anyway, there's nothing on it but user apps. The lina-lite adrive only has leafpad in it,

Carolite uses the same kernel as lina_lite so it will probably have the same problem.

If your going to run Carolina without the adrive, you should install Gconf and gnutls from the repo if you want to be able to browse network shares through thunar. This will be fixed in v1.2.
Thought that would be the case but it was worth a try. There is a user 'starhawk' over on the Carolina 1.1 thread using a different Neoware thin client client with exactly the same problem as me, so I guess it's a hardware issue.

Will experiment with Gconf and gnutls as suggested, I am currently using Pnethood as my network is a mixture of windows & linux :)

rg66

#224 Post by rg66 »

RAC0902 wrote:Thought that would be the case but it was worth a try. There is a user 'starhawk' over on the Carolina 1.1 thread using a different Neoware thin client client with exactly the same problem as me, so I guess it's a hardware issue.
Looks as though your thinclient doesn't have an optical drive, I'm wondering if that's why it's failing to run. I've edited rc.sysinit to bypass detecting optical drives if you'd like to try it out.

Boot into Carolina and right click on the lina_lite puppy_lina_005.sfs and select repack-extract packages > Convert > SFS. It'll open thunar with the extracted sfs and replace /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit with the one below (extract it first). Click the build button > choose compression type (original is xz) and choose where to save it (current dir will overwrite the original). If it works, it should also work with Carolite and Carolina-non-pae as well.
Attachments
rc.sysinit.gz
(10.97 KiB) Downloaded 402 times
X-slacko-5b1 - X-tahr-2.0 - X-precise-2.4
[url=http://smokey01.com/rg66/]X-series repo[/url]

sszindian

movie flicker

#225 Post by sszindian »

When playing a 'Hulu' movie, I am experiencing a lot of 'Flickering' with black lines on both the minimal and full-screen play within the movie itself (not the entire screen) I have tried both the latest Firefox and Seamonkey browsers and it's the same. The graphics are great as well as the audio/video working together.

Appreciate any suggestions or a fix!

'Thanks'

>>>---Indian------>
Cloud Computing For Every Puppy (a .pet)
[url]http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69192[/url]

zagreb999

wps office on lina lite 005

#226 Post by zagreb999 »

MR.,
CAN YOU INSTALL
WPS-KINGSOFT OFFICE
ON LINA LITE 005?

REGARDS.