Fatdog64-630rcs on Macbook Air hangs in Grub2

Booting, installing, newbie
dbd400@gmail.com

Fatdog64-630rcs on Macbook Air hangs in Grub2

#1 Post by dbd400@gmail.com »

When I boot Fatdog64-630rc2 on Macbook Air 6.2 (late 2013), it reaches the screen with only the Fatdog logo visible at top right, then hangs. On my Windows machine, it boots OK into the OS, but not on mac. Both are 64 bit machines.

On an earlier occasion it had worked on the mac when I was trying to enter "puppy pfx=ram" per one or another web instructions, and had typed 'c' at some point in the proceedings, but the it moved on so rapidly, I had no opportunity to complete. Only on that occasion did it complete all the way to the OS, but even then it could not connect to the internet. I looked in vain for a way to connect similar to Lupu or Slacko, but not joy.

On Windows, it connected OK automatically. Parenthetically, I note that image CDs (both .ios and .dmg) burned on the mac will be recognized, but those burned on the windows machine with an .iso file will not, but a .dmg file burned on a Windows machine seems OK, I used a free .iso to .dmg utility to convert.

On the mac, but not on the PC, Fatdog64 presented 4 separate screens:
o The EFI/Fatdog screen permitting selection of Fatdog, shell, reboot, shutdown, etc.
o An unknown screen
o A grub screen permitting selection of various ways to start Fatdog64.
o Finally the screen with just the Fatdog logo on a black background and nothing else. It hangs there regardless of which option is selected..

Based upon the above, I reason that the booting process has reached past the EFI into GRUB2, but then something happens. But what? And how to fix it? Can there be a Fatdog64 without GRUB2?

Thanks for any help.

dbd400@gmail.com

#2 Post by dbd400@gmail.com »

Well, my learning curve on the Macbook Air is distinctly visible. I had thought that, in addition to the hard drive images, the two disk images present upon startup with Option held down was for the intended boot method. It seems to instead reference the general source. Using option makes Fatdog64, and Slacko 5.5 boot OK. Everything comes up and the screen appears OK.

I am on to the next round of problems which I am putting into a separate post.

Thanks

Ted Dog

#3 Post by Ted Dog »

sweet report I always forget to check if fatdog64 would boot and run on my mi minimac. Does it see the apples parts for read.. Years ago only the EFI was useible

Ted Dog

#4 Post by Ted Dog »

for sound using the wizard pick highest numbered on like 7