pressing capslock opens firefox puppy linux slacko

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
filipino143

pressing capslock opens firefox puppy linux slacko

#1 Post by filipino143 »

Hi I am using a RedFox laptop with an Intel Atom Processor, 2GB Ram and currently using a dual boot installed via windows Puppy Linux Slacko 5.6 latest version.

This puppy is not yet installed in my hardware.

Right now I am having a problem with hardware. Everytime I click on the capslock in the keyboard, firefox opens.

How do I fix this? It is pretty annoying when all I want is to change caps lock.

or, will the problem get solved if i install puppy linux entirely on my system?

please help. thank you...

SFR

#2 Post by SFR »

Hi Filipino143

Try 'Menu -> Desktop -> JWM Window Manager Settings -> Keyboard Shortcuts'
and delete (or remap) entries with "exec:defaultbrowser".

HTH
Greetings!
[color=red][size=75][O]bdurate [R]ules [D]estroy [E]nthusiastic [R]ebels => [C]reative [H]umans [A]lways [O]pen [S]ource[/size][/color]
[b][color=green]Omnia mea mecum porto.[/color][/b]

filipino143

can't delete it

#3 Post by filipino143 »

hi! thanks for the great help man.

yeah i checked the button on "Delete this shortcut?", pressed OK then it asked me "Are you sure you want to delete this shortcut?" then I clicked 'Yes'.

Unfortunately after that, it just brings me back to the gtkidialog box of the key's shortcut details! It means it doesn't delete. How can I fix this?

Please help again. We're almost there. Thank you... :(

SFR

#4 Post by SFR »

Well, from what I have observed, the gtkdialog window that contains list of shortcuts, simply won't get _refreshed_ after creating/deleting a shortcut (yeah, it could be designed a bit better IMHO).
Try to close it and open again, and see if given shortcut is still there?
Alternatively, you can make the change manually, by editing /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal file.

Oh, and restart JWM after making changes.

Greetings!
[color=red][size=75][O]bdurate [R]ules [D]estroy [E]nthusiastic [R]ebels => [C]reative [H]umans [A]lways [O]pen [S]ource[/size][/color]
[b][color=green]Omnia mea mecum porto.[/color][/b]

filipino143

#5 Post by filipino143 »

SFR wrote:Well, from what I have observed, the gtkdialog window that contains list of shortcuts, simply won't get _refreshed_ after creating/deleting a shortcut (yeah, it could be designed a bit better IMHO).
Try to close it and open again, and see if given shortcut is still there?
Alternatively, you can make the change manually, by editing /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal file.

Oh, and restart JWM after making changes.

Greetings!
hey man thanks a lot! actually gtkd doesn't refresh even if I restart it and try to delete it again...

Shortcut is still there. Doesn't even respond when I click OK after having place a check mark on the delete box.

You know what worked? The manual edit. I just removed the entries from the jwmrc-personal file. Thanks again!

Respect to you, from the Philippines!

-filipino143 :wink: