Pcdripper (PBcdripper) - version 2.9 posted

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
plinej

Pcdripper (PBcdripper) - version 2.9 posted

#1 Post by plinej »

THIS THREAD SHOULD NOW BE DEAD,

I wrote Pcdripper and started a new thread at:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=157790

Here's a little gui I put together just for a little more practice but I ended up liking it better than RipperX so I figured I'd share it. It uses cdparanoia for ripping and lame for encoding if you choose to encode to mp3. I'll attach a snapshot below.

changelog:
0.2 - added encode to mono checkbox in mp3 section
0.3 - added a "keep wavs" checkbox if you don't want your wavs deleted after mp3s are encoded and added an "exit on bad read or skip" checkbox
0.4 - added a renaming box so you can specify a name for your ripped tracks,
combined the rip only a track or rip a range of tracks boxes into one, and moved a couple of other things around.
0.5 - added a rip multiple files to a single track option and re-structured the gui to make it smaller for 800x600 screens
0.6 - modified the gui again to make it smaller and made space for future buttons if any are needed. I also added 56 & 112 to bitrate checkboxes.
0.7 - cleaned up a little code, added varying bit ratio checkboxes, added the nogap option, and updated the help section.
1.0 - added a user default set and run button
1.1 - fixed button label bug
1.2 - applied MU's drag to desktop fix and klhrevolutionist scan results box size fix for 800x600 screen.
1.3 - fixed how pbcdripper reads the default cdrom device, bug found by flash.
1.4 - when "rip full cd" is checked & "output to single track" & "keep wavs" aren't checked, pbcdripper will now rip a track, encode it, delete the wav, and move to the next track and repeat. That was suggested by flash. I also added a popup if a directory isn't selected before the rip button is pushed.
1.5 - You can now rip to directories that contain spaces. You can also enter spaces in the "enter preceding name for tracks" box (although these will be converted to underscores due to lame still chokes on the spaces for some reason). I also added an "eject" checkbox if checked then when work is complete you'll hear 2 barks and the cd will eject.
1.6 - A total re-write of the previous version. Added ogg/wma/flac buttons for encoding (as well as kept mp3). The flac button will appear if the flac executable is found in your path. The ogg button will appear if oggenc is found in your path (or if ffmpeg has the enable-libogg flag). You will need a recent version of ffmpeg for the wma support.
1.7 - flac encoding was not seeing selected encoding rate so I fixed that. I added a spot in the gui where you can see the command line examples of your selected ripping and encoding options.
1.8 - added a kill rip process button and a set defaults button to the gui. I also cleaned up a little bit of the code.
1.9 - fixed scripts incase necessary files aren't found in /root/.pbcdripper directory. Changed program to execute rip and encode in the same rxvt popup window. Changed rxvt width from 60 to 79.
2.0 - added support for ripping to aac format. That option will appear if faac is found in your $PATH. The supported encoding options are now in a drop down box as opposed to individual buttons. I figure that way it will be easier to add various different formats without having to add a new button each time.
2.1 - added m4a as a format to encode to, as long as faac is installed. added the ability to tag your mp3, m4a, & ogg (need oggenc installed) files.
2.2 - added support for shn if shorten is installed. added support for ape if mac is installed. added tagging abilities to wma.
2.3 - added support for more lossless audio codecs.
ttaenc - True Type Audio
ofr - optimfrog
wv - wavpack
la - lossless audio compressor
I also changed the shn portion since it didn't work the way I expected.
2.4 - rewrote to support the new version of gtkdialog (gtkdialog3 executable)
You must install the new gtkdialog in Puppy version's 2.14 and previous. You can find it here:
ftp://ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributio ... 0.7.18.pet
2.5 - made the entry box for selecting individual or range of tracks to be ripped grayed out when the rip full cd checkbox is checked. Uncheck the checkbox to make an entry.
2.6 - updated the icons to use the stock gtk icons and made program install to /usr/local/apps/ instead of /usr/local/

-------------------------------------------------------------

2.9 - (This is an alpha version) renamed to pcdripper & changed alot. I added support for cddb_query. It's in puppy alpha 4 but I don't know if it's in older puppies since I never used it. With this option id3 tags can be automatically put into your encoded files. I also piped cdparanoia's stdout into the encoders (lame, oggenc, flac, & shorten). I couldn't figure out how to make ffmpeg & mac work in this fashion so I left out the wma & ape encoding options. I also left out some others but I'm guessing probably no one used the others anyway. Now there will be no temp wav files. Xdialog has been removed from the script.

ATTENTION - I only briefly went over some options after writing all this code so this probably has some bugs that need to be ironed out but I figured I'd get it out there to be tested.

----------------------------------------------------------------

oggenc is here:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 22&t=14473

faac is here:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... ch&id=3149

flac is here:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=15436
shorten is here:

http://puppyfiles.org/dotpupsde/dotpups ... -3.6.0.pup

mac is here:

http://puppyfiles.org/dotpupsde/dotpups ... c-3.99.pup

ttaenc is here:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 59&t=13807

optimfrog is here:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 87&t=13802

la is here:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 71&t=13805

wv is here:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 40&t=13799

I'll leave 1.5 up since it's alot different than newer versions.
Attachments
pcdripper.tar.gz
(5.38 KiB) Downloaded 1289 times
PBcdripper-2.6.pet
(7.36 KiB) Downloaded 1579 times
PBcdripper-1.5.pup
(15.85 KiB) Downloaded 1370 times
Last edited by plinej on Sun 02 Dec 2007, 23:29, edited 46 times in total.

plinej

#2 Post by plinej »

here's a snapshot of pcdripper-2.9
Attachments
pcdripper.jpg
(104.55 KiB) Downloaded 3043 times
Last edited by plinej on Sun 02 Dec 2007, 04:04, edited 5 times in total.

Pizzasgood

#3 Post by Pizzasgood »

Just looking at it I can see it's far superior to that other ripper. I've gotten to the point where I just wrote a script that ripps the entire cd to the directory I run it in. Less hassle.

That looks like it would actually be usable though. I'll have to give it a go next time I have a cd to rip.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

klhrevolutionist

#4 Post by klhrevolutionist »

Awesome !

It is good to see that others are learning puppybasic/wxbasic

Great job plinej & keep up all the great work you have been doing for puppy.
Heaven is on the way, until then let's get the truth out!

plinej

#5 Post by plinej »

Thanks, hope you guys like it. If anyone wants any features added let me know and I'll try to implement them.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#6 Post by Flash »

That looks great, I can't wait to try it. Thanks for including 32 kb/s. Is that 32 kb/s mono? Mono is what I use when converting a book on CD to mp3 so I can listen to the book with my flash mp3 player. If it's stereo, how can I change it to mono? (TkDVD has a neat feature: the command line is shown in the GUI. Maybe you could include that? It's very educational. :) )

plinej

#7 Post by plinej »

Nope everything is stereo. I'll try and include a mono checkbox, I was going to do that and forgot.

plinej

#8 Post by plinej »

There you go Flash, 0.2 is now ready to download and it has encode to mono.

plinej

#9 Post by plinej »

Just updated to 0.3 which added a couple more options.

plinej

#10 Post by plinej »

Updated to version 0.4 and updated the snapshot.

klhrevolutionist

#11 Post by klhrevolutionist »

plinej: I have 2 requests, one of importance I believe.

The size of the frame for the gui dialog is too large for my 800x600 screen and I believe others might agree. If you will look at MU original DotPup-Downloader you will see he also set a size on it because of the same issue.

The other request which is not important. I request that you create a button that by clicking will rip an enitre inserted cd into a directory of the users choice.

Thanks again
Heaven is on the way, until then let's get the truth out!

plinej

#12 Post by plinej »

Ok, I'll look into the screen size thing. As for the other request, it already exists. Click on the folder button to select your output directory and make sure the rip full cd checkbox is checked (defaults that way) and then click the rip button.

I just got done adding another feature, output selected ripped tracks to a single file.

plinej

#13 Post by plinej »

klhrevolutionist,

Now that I read again I'm guessing you just want to select the directory and then the ripping will automatically start. The only thing about that is you'll probably want to set certain things to your own preference. As for the checkboxes if there's certain things you want to default to be checked just edit the ripgui.tpl and find the correct CHECKBOX and change the false to true. That way the program can be edited to suit your normal ripping functions.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#14 Post by Flash »

plinej, it looks like you've got a popular little dotpup here. :)

It's nice that it all fits in a single window, but if that's too large maybe you can break it up into tabs, similar to ripperX. Not that you ought to copy ripperX, only the use of tabs. Just a thought. No charge. :lol:

plinej

#15 Post by plinej »

I was hoping to leave everything on one screen with no tabs but may need to move some things around.

klhrevolutionist,

Is the height or width too large for your screen?

Is it okay if you set your gtk theme to bluex?

MU

#16 Post by MU »

you could rduce the height of the textarea at bottom:

/usr/local/PBcdripper/ripgui.tpl

replace:

Code: Select all

<frame scan disc results:>
    <edit>
      <variable>INFO</variable>
with:

Code: Select all

<frame scan disc results:>
    <edit>
    <width>150</width>
    <height>140</height>
      <variable>INFO</variable>
The width is ignored, but the height now fits in 800x600.

Mark

plinej

#17 Post by plinej »

Thanks Mark, I'm almost done restructuring the whole thing to make it smaller.

plinej

#18 Post by plinej »

Updated to 0.5

I moved a bunch of things around to make the gui smaller and added a help button which will open up in dillo. Please let me know if it looks okay in a 800x600 screen.

I also added the rip to a single track checkbox and when the rip button is pushed the script that gets executed will be displayed in the results window.

plinej

#19 Post by plinej »

updated to 0.5b:

I forgot to add a "&" after the help command. Now you can view the help and leave it open and still use the gui. I also added a little more to the help section.

The last thing I can think of that would be a good idea is have a button that will run your pre-defined user defaults. I'll have to think about how to implement that.

plinej

#20 Post by plinej »

updated to 0.6

Please someone let me know if the size is okay for a 800x600 screen now.