What a great operating system

Promote Puppy !
Badbozo

What a great operating system

#1 Post by Badbozo »

I was looking for a replacement for the OS on my HP T5740 thin client, and Puppy Linux was the only one that ran well. Install it full on 2Gig internal flash memory, and it still left 600Meg free (after I installed the apps I wanted)

So then in a frenzy, I ripped the harddrives out of my HP 8440p and am running from a 32Gig SD card. Wireless came up right away.

I am using Precise Puppy and it installs everything so easily. Much better than all the "established" Linux distros. Chrome Beta installs right from .deb. Latest jre from sfs, no problem. Convert SFS to PET, again, easy as pie. Citrix receiver latest version, boom! Installs from .deb.

So then I went completely nuts, and replaced am running all 6 of my computers, including my work computers, and run Citrix, RDP, and VDI.

You iz one smart dude. Touchscreed stuff is intriguing. I am going to try and get this running on my HP touchpad in chroot.

Badbozo

Chrome OS without being crippleware

#2 Post by Badbozo »

So in effect, Precise Puppy let me create the exact chrome functionality I needed with RDP, VNC, Citrix, plugins, without purchasing some piece of garbage crippleware system that only runs on limited hardware. I actually have apps, but can run everything fast on any random piece of computer hardware I dig up.

So very cool.

raffy

touchscreen

#3 Post by raffy »

Very good news, badbozo, a lot of readers will want to know if you are able to add touchscreen functionality (and how you did it).
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].

tallboy

#4 Post by tallboy »

Welcome to Puppyland, Badbozo!

tallboy
True freedom is a live Puppy on a multisession CD/DVD.