Need driver for the D-Link DWL-G122 USB receiver

Using applications, configuring, problems
Runemaster

Need driver for the D-Link DWL-G122 USB receiver

#1 Post by Runemaster »

I just recently received an IBM Aptiva 233Mhz, I put 128 RAM in there because it had 32, 6.4Gb hd. Ok so The Cmos was alreay set to boot up a cd so I stuck the cd in and about half way through normal boot process, it gets stuck. it says:

Looking for puppy partition on hdc (iso9660 filesystem)

(about 1 minute later)

ide-cd: cmd 0x28 timed out
hdc: DMA interrupt recovery
hdc: lost interrupt
hdc: status error: status=0x58 {DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest }
ide: failed opcode was: unknown
hdc: drive not ready for command

Then every following minute it shows:

ide-cd: cmd 0x28 timed out
hdc: DMA interrupt recovery
hdc: lost interrupt
hdc: status error: status=0x08 { DataRequest }
ide: failed opcode was: unknown
hdc: drive not ready for command

I'm stumped on this one so if anyone has had the same problem and found a solution, I would be greatly appreciate hearing it. Thanx in advance.
Last edited by Runemaster on Thu 19 Oct 2006, 00:11, edited 1 time in total.
Adventurer: I seek knowledge and strength.

Seer:Knowledge comes from experience.....Strength comes from battleaxes.

raffy

CD

#2 Post by raffy »

Those are signs of unsuccessful CD reads - bad burn or bad CD drive.

You can test the CD in other machines or check its md5sum (compare with the published md5sum). If CD is OK, only the CD drive is suspect.

There is a DOS install if CD proves too troublesome...
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].

marksouth2000

#3 Post by marksouth2000 »

Runemaster, long time no see - is school back on?

These messages are an almost certain sign of DMA conflicts on the IDE channel, particularly common with portables where the CD and HD are normally on the same ribbon.

Please try booting and at the boot prompt type:

Code: Select all

boot: puppy ide=nodma
You may also need to try all the combinations of ACPI=[off|on|force] and possibly noapic as well.

Good luck,
Mark

Runemaster

#4 Post by Runemaster »

Yep, it's back to the old grind for me. I'm in my junior year now. So it won't be much longer. Yea, I haven't booted up puppy in awhile now because I was getting tired of my dad giving me weird looks everytime I booted puppy on his lappy which is the main comp. in the house, I mean he knew what I was doing. But he's just paranoid, because well that's just my dad for you. But anyways back to the subject. I think I know why its giving me these errors. I left my puppy cd over at a friends house and I went over there to get it back and I had To scrape some crap off of it, just thinking it would be fine but I can obviously see that that is most probable cause of the situation. And if making a new cd doesn't work then raffy would probably be right seeing as it had Win95 on there. Other than that everything else seems to be in good condition, as I said before I had to up the RAM from 32 to 256(lol). I just cracked It open, dusted it out, stuck some ram in there and it booted up 95 with no problems. So thanx guys!

P.S. When and if I get this thing to work, I will problably be more frequent on here then.

Runemaster

#5 Post by Runemaster »

Wow! I've been out of the game for awhile! I was using 2.02, and ya'll were only just talking about 2.10, and ya'll even have 2.11! Nice!

Pizzasgood

#6 Post by Pizzasgood »

It's actually just three versions because we skipped from 2.02 to 2.10. I'm also still using 2.02, but I have my system set up to boot 2.11. I just haven't gotten around to switching over.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

Q

#7 Post by Q »

Runemaster
By any chance is your CD drive jumper set to CS?

Runemaster

#8 Post by Runemaster »

Yea in fact it is, and me being the idiot I am, I didnt see it labeled anywhere so I took of the metal casing, only to find it in the sticker in the top of the metal case. But I've got 2 or 3 more lying around here.=P

Runemaster

#9 Post by Runemaster »

So I burned a copy of 2.11, I just threww that old one out I tore up, and stuck in another one, and it works fine now. Now I just need a driver for the D-Link DWL-G122 Hardware Ver. B1 Firmware Ver. 2.02 . It's a little USB receiver so this should be a bit of a challenge, because I've never heard of anyone in the puppy community using a USB Wi-Fi receiver.

BlackAdder

#10 Post by BlackAdder »

There are several variants of the DWL-G122, some may have drivers built in to Puppy. Could you plug in the device, run usbview and let us know the Vendor ID and Product ID.
I have an older USB device (not from D-Link), and it works just fine with Puppy.

kirk

#11 Post by kirk »

I know some versions of that dlink used ralink chipsets.

revision b1: ralink rt2570

http://www.murga.org/~puppy/viewtopic.p ... ght=rt2570

revision c1 : ralink rt73

http://www.murga.org/~puppy/viewtopic.p ... light=rt73

marksouth2000

#12 Post by marksouth2000 »

I notice Barry's Developer News in the past week says he has built the RT2570 driver for 2.11 or 2.12 - entry for 20 Oct2 006:

http://www.puppyos.net/news/