A "Time Machine" Mimic Save Configurations Script

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
Ted Dog

#21 Post by Ted Dog »

something I forgot..... o.h yes eating... Thank for reminding me that med for pain really messes up the normal body functions. Ok what day is it Monday or Tuesday?

edit thanks JohnM the forum has day of week given after login area.. helpful!
Tuesday..

jimwg

#22 Post by jimwg »

I will say from my problems here ( http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=90685 )
that a "simple" configuration file/folder backup app would've saved me a lot of headaches from finally just rebuilding current SeaMonkey and configuration files locked up in save sfs into a backup version. I can tell you from colleagues still in the Mac world who are tasting Mint and Puppy that a such an app by itself, never mind a linux Time Machine clone!, would be a Godsend dealbreaker in making their choice to hop over to this side!

Thanks all who helped me with the other problem!

Jim in NYC

mikeb

#23 Post by mikeb »

I think sunburnt is working on a save making app which includes sfs option http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=90651
might be of interest for backup usage... the deal is here is to make a noise in the right places and you might get what you need....

mike

Ted Dog

#24 Post by Ted Dog »

guess it might be a shock. ... puppy runs on macs if you can force your mac to boot off dvd. I played around with my mac mini trying to get a 64 bit version small enough to store and boot via HIDDEN boot section of apple. There is 200M of unused fat partition only used to upgrade that is checked first before OSX is loaded, my hacked version ran well ( better than apple with HDMI) could send sound to either HDMi or sound plug at the same time! :wink:

mikeb

#25 Post by mikeb »

sneakiness...
I slipped XP into the recovery partition of a Vista machine :D

Intel macs eh... think the only time I have ever used a mac was in france about 13 years ago to check emails... A sheltered life I lead.

mike

Ted Dog

#26 Post by Ted Dog »

No one is sheltered if they traveled to France. My trip to French Riviera was nothing like sheltered, two naked french girls where trying to help me out of my swimsuit. . It was scary as a 5 year old. But thankful I did not go native, later that day a crab latched on to my finger, it could have easily latched on to something else. :shock:

greengeek

#27 Post by greengeek »

Ted Dog wrote:My trip to French Riviera was nothing like sheltered, two naked french girls where trying to help me out of my swimsuit.
Please provide GPS co-ordinates to allow full assessment and testing of described functionality.

Ted Dog

#28 Post by Ted Dog »

greengeek wrote:
Ted Dog wrote:My trip to French Riviera was nothing like sheltered, two naked french girls where trying to help me out of my swimsuit.
Please provide GPS co-ordinates to allow full assessment and testing of described functionality.
sorry that was decades before GPS.. And I was only 5 and the only kid around my age clothed, Asked my folks, reply was we are Americans an can afford swimsuits, The girls left in an expensive fancy car, So I was surprised they could not afford clothes. :roll: It was a camping area next to narrow beach with a clump of trees on a slight hill. Sand was very white compared to avg sand. Hope that helps you find it..

mikeb

#29 Post by mikeb »

Gets hot in the summer...clothes are inconvenient

mike