Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat 25 Oct 2014, 06:36
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
X-precise-2.4 Final
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 14 of 24 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, ..., 22, 23, 24 Next
Author Message
umair

Joined: 25 Dec 2010
Posts: 205
Location: KUST Kohat, Pakistan

PostPosted: Tue 19 Nov 2013, 03:27    Post_subject:  

@rg66:
Thanks a lot for sharing very useful information Smile .
UMAIR
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message YIM 
umair

Joined: 25 Dec 2010
Posts: 205
Location: KUST Kohat, Pakistan

PostPosted: Sat 23 Nov 2013, 07:29    Post_subject:  

@rg66:
Do you have any future plans to make x-precise with fully functional xfce4 menu settings and all other stuff as you did in carolina? I personally think that It would be nice addition. Carolina is one of the best puppy variant, no doubt about that but It would be really better if x-precise is also available alongwith all necessary stuff like carolina.
Best of Luck
(UMAIR)
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message YIM 
rg66


Joined: 23 Jul 2012
Posts: 549
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada / Entebbe, Uganda Africa!?!

PostPosted: Sat 23 Nov 2013, 08:15    Post_subject:  

umair wrote:
Do you have any future plans to make x-precise with fully functional xfce4 menu settings and all other stuff as you did in carolina


What is missing/not functional that you would like to have added?

_________________
Carolite-1.2 / Carolina-1.2 / X-precise-2.4 / X-slacko-2.2
Carolina
X-precise/X-slacko
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
umair

Joined: 25 Dec 2010
Posts: 205
Location: KUST Kohat, Pakistan

PostPosted: Sat 23 Nov 2013, 10:48    Post_subject:  

rg66 wrote:
What is missing/not functional that you would like to have added?

When I open xfce-setting manager, it shows nothing, as we usually see all the icons like setting the mouse/keyboard/display and all other things.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message YIM 
rg66


Joined: 23 Jul 2012
Posts: 549
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada / Entebbe, Uganda Africa!?!

PostPosted: Sat 23 Nov 2013, 11:02    Post_subject:  

umair wrote:
When I open xfce-setting manager, it shows nothing, as we usually see all the icons like setting the mouse/keyboard/display and all other things.


Xfce-settings manager should have been hidden or even removed. Everything is in control panel, just like in Carolina.

_________________
Carolite-1.2 / Carolina-1.2 / X-precise-2.4 / X-slacko-2.2
Carolina
X-precise/X-slacko
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
umair

Joined: 25 Dec 2010
Posts: 205
Location: KUST Kohat, Pakistan

PostPosted: Sat 23 Nov 2013, 11:25    Post_subject:  

rg66 wrote:

Xfce-settings manager should have been hidden or even removed. Everything is in control panel, just like in Carolina.

Ok If it is then everything is perfect Wink..I will check that.
Take Care
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message YIM 
umair

Joined: 25 Dec 2010
Posts: 205
Location: KUST Kohat, Pakistan

PostPosted: Sun 24 Nov 2013, 23:52    Post_subject:  

Colonel Panic wrote:
A quick update; I decided to install SlimBoat instead (of Chromium) and don't regret it; it's working well (and with Flash) and is IMO easier to navigate than Chromium is.
I can recommend it to others trying to find a browser to install in Carolina. The one snag is that glibc needs to be upgraded to 2.11, for which I believe you need the two files mentioned in this thread;
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=58130
which are hard to get hold of now. (I'd saved mine to my storage pendrive a year or so ago so already have them).

@ rg66:
I installed the slimboat browser from the above post of CP from carolina alongwith the glibc and other pet file from the link x-precise. After restarting the system, it takes me to the prompt to setup the X. I tried to set the x window the xorgwizard command, but Its not working. Can u give me some tips that how to fix this ? I m using frugal installation.
Thnx in Advance.
(UMAIR)
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message YIM 
rg66


Joined: 23 Jul 2012
Posts: 549
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada / Entebbe, Uganda Africa!?!

PostPosted: Mon 25 Nov 2013, 04:11    Post_subject:  

umair wrote:
@ rg66:
I installed the slimboat browser from the above post of CP from carolina alongwith the glibc and other pet file from the link x-precise. After restarting the system, it takes me to the prompt to setup the X. I tried to set the x window the xorgwizard command, but Its not working. Can u give me some tips that how to fix this ? I m using frugal installation.
Thnx in Advance.
(UMAIR)


X-precise already had glibc-2.15 so it must have broken something with the 2.11 package. Not sure how to fix that other than removing the savefile and starting over. Maybe you can manually edit the savefile and remove the glibc package, not sure.

_________________
Carolite-1.2 / Carolina-1.2 / X-precise-2.4 / X-slacko-2.2
Carolina
X-precise/X-slacko
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
umair

Joined: 25 Dec 2010
Posts: 205
Location: KUST Kohat, Pakistan

PostPosted: Mon 25 Nov 2013, 04:36    Post_subject:  

rg66 wrote:

X-precise already had glibc-2.15 so it must have broken something with the 2.11 package. Not sure how to fix that other than removing the savefile and starting over. Maybe you can manually edit the savefile and remove the glibc package, not sure.

Thanks for reply rg66:
I removed the savefile and setup the fresh installation. Actually I was running windows xp inside of x-precise. Some of the documents were in xp box. I successfully recovered as used the existing .vhd file option from vbox Smile. Got the lesson
(Before Trying Anything Fancy, take the backup of savefile First Wink )
Take Care
(UMAIR)
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message YIM 
umair

Joined: 25 Dec 2010
Posts: 205
Location: KUST Kohat, Pakistan

PostPosted: Wed 27 Nov 2013, 03:42    Post_subject:  

hello rg66:
Sorry to bother you again Smile. I installed wine 1.3.6.sfs for running some win applications in x-precise. Everything goes well but now my libreoffice 4.1.2.sfs is not working. It was working before. Now when I opened it from the menu, just initial logo comes up and thts all. Kindly help me.
Thanks
(UMAIR)
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message YIM 
rg66


Joined: 23 Jul 2012
Posts: 549
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada / Entebbe, Uganda Africa!?!

PostPosted: Wed 27 Nov 2013, 13:16    Post_subject:  

@ umair

Try running
Code:
libreoffice4.1
from the terminal and see what errors show.
_________________
Carolite-1.2 / Carolina-1.2 / X-precise-2.4 / X-slacko-2.2
Carolina
X-precise/X-slacko
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
umair

Joined: 25 Dec 2010
Posts: 205
Location: KUST Kohat, Pakistan

PostPosted: Thu 28 Nov 2013, 00:43    Post_subject:  

hi rg66:
I tried libreoffice4.1 command from terminal. Libreoffice start without any error, but I when I click to open any application like text document, spreadsheet etc., thn it is closed immediately without showing any error in the terminal. Any idea ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message YIM 
umair

Joined: 25 Dec 2010
Posts: 205
Location: KUST Kohat, Pakistan

PostPosted: Fri 29 Nov 2013, 00:07    Post_subject:  

umair wrote:
hi rg66:
I tried libreoffice4.1 command from terminal. Libreoffice start without any error, but I when I click to open any application like text document, spreadsheet etc., thn it is closed immediately without showing any error in the terminal. Any idea ?

I downloaded the openoffice.3.4.sfs, working nicely. So using that for the time being.
(UMAIR)
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message YIM 
rg66


Joined: 23 Jul 2012
Posts: 549
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada / Entebbe, Uganda Africa!?!

PostPosted: Fri 29 Nov 2013, 07:26    Post_subject:  

umair wrote:
I downloaded the openoffice.3.4.sfs, working nicely. So using that for the time being.
(UMAIR)


Good to hear you got it working. It sounds like Wine is over writing something in LibreOffice with a older version. What I would try is to boot without a savefile, load wine manually with SFS-load and then load the newer LibreOffice to see if it and Wine work ok.

I would think SFS's are loaded alphabetically or maybe by order in SFS-load. If this works you could try renaming the Wine SFS to something like aWine or whatever so it loads first, or making sure Wine is in the SFS-load list first.

Just guessing though.

_________________
Carolite-1.2 / Carolina-1.2 / X-precise-2.4 / X-slacko-2.2
Carolina
X-precise/X-slacko
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
dennis-slacko531


Joined: 18 Jan 2012
Posts: 103
Location: Oregon

PostPosted: Fri 29 Nov 2013, 13:09    Post_subject: How to stop screen blanking (watching movies, etc)  

I use X-precise-2.2 pretty much all the time. I think it's necessary today to cut off the automatic "screensaver" mode, but I've yet to find it. Have a great weekend!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message Visit_website 
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 14 of 24 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, ..., 22, 23, 24 Next
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0928s ][ Queries: 13 (0.0188s) ][ GZIP on ]