Synaptics touchpad not working by default

Please post any bugs you have found
Iedjee

Synaptics touchpad not working by default

#1 Post by Iedjee »

Hi.

I have an Acer Aspire One A110 with a Synaptics Touchpad running Precise Puppy 5.7.1.
By default the touchpad doesn't work. Luckily i have a Fn-button with F7 i can toggle the touchpad off and on. If i do so the touchpad will start to work.
I tested in Precise Puppy 5.6.1 and there my touchpad works without toggling it with Fn+F7.

I would expect the behavior as in Puppy 5.6.1, can it please be fixed in 5.7.1?

With regards, Evert

Ted Dog

#2 Post by Ted Dog »

wow you found a workaround I ve complained about this bug for years and have been ignored. :wink: would like to use my old acer again. puppy version 4.16 supported it the best.

Iedjee

Precise Puppy 5.7.1 on Acer Aspire One A110 ZG5

#3 Post by Iedjee »

Ive got almost everything working, except for that touchpad annoyance. I can skype (4.2) with cam and mic working too.

The only thing are the SD-cardslots that dont hotplug, they only do that when a card is in it during boot. But well, its just a small thing.

Ubuntu 11.10 worked best for me (everything worked!) but is out of support and grew too big (i have my small 8GB SSD parted in two, half nLited Windows XP, half Linux).

I have a left-over extra 512MB installed so 1GB of memory. I am still thinking of changing the SSD with a 32GB faster one.

Ted Dog

Re: Precise Puppy 5.7.1 on Acer Aspire One A110 ZG5

#4 Post by Ted Dog »

Iedjee wrote:Ive got almost everything working, except for that touchpad annoyance. I can skype (4.2) with cam and mic working too.

The only thing are the SD-cardslots that dont hotplug, they only do that when a card is in it during boot. But well, its just a small thing.

Ubuntu 11.10 worked best for me (everything worked!) but is out of support and grew too big (i have my small 8GB SSD parted in two, half nLited Windows XP, half Linux).

I have a left-over extra 512MB installed so 1GB of memory. I am still thinking of changing the SSD with a 32GB faster one.
That sdcard not being able to boot is an issue for me too, it is locked out in the windows version, but I understand the linux made version did boot from left hidden sdcard slot.

Iedjee

#5 Post by Iedjee »

Im sorry to say this on this forum, but i switched to Crunchbang #! Its Debian 7 Wheezy based and everything is working now as it should be on my old Acer Aspire One A110. I hope to have this oldy for three or some years more up to date...

I have the left hand side SD-card filled with 8GB Class 10 and mounted as /home. The whole installation of #! takes around 2GB with additional programs i am around 3GB. No dualboot anymore (WinXP) but that one is going to die anyways in april 2014. With #! it flies as good as with Puppy.

Touchpad working, right hand side SD-card slot is hot pluggable and got sleepmode and hibernation working. I had to make some tweaks to make the microphone work, mainly for Skype (get rid of Pulseaudio) and all the function keys, but i am up and running now. Soon i will try to post all my tweaks on the Crunchbang forum...