Puppy Video Editor

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
Dookus
Location: now living in wonderful Stanmore, inner western suburb of Sydney Australia, where the sun shines nic

Puppy Video Editor

#1 Post by Dookus »

Hi all.
A program that can trim out multiple sections and make a single video from the selected portions and also repair any defects in the video streams.

Would be very good!

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

I think I remember a thread about that subject somewhere in the forum, but I couldn't tell you where. :oops:

stu91

#3 Post by stu91 »

aviedmux - has the ability to cut sections from a video file and join them together with out re encoding (providing they are from the same video source)
http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/

headfound

#4 Post by headfound »

Download a better Computer :)
[url=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rDTLJYDHX3g]Puppy Linux Song[/url]
[url=http://www.letterbyletter.co.uk]www.letterbyletter.co.uk[/url]

Dookus
Location: now living in wonderful Stanmore, inner western suburb of Sydney Australia, where the sun shines nic

Forgot to mention

#5 Post by Dookus »

.MPG is the file type I'm dealing with.

mikeb

#6 Post by mikeb »

If you have slightly broken videos then another option is to install such as virtualdub and tmpgenc on wine...codecs such as x264 and xvid can be added. I have the former as its avi fixing ability is very good since avidemux is not so good when there are problems. The latter (or former) may be helpful for your mpeg.

mike

sunburnt

#7 Post by sunburnt »

Will OpenShot extract and join multiple vedio sections?

Like cutting out all TV commercials in one run, not one at a time for each commercial.

Something I`ve always wanted but I`ve never seen in a video editor...

mikeb

#8 Post by mikeb »

Will OpenShot extract and join multiple vedio sections?

Like cutting out all TV commercials in one run, not one at a time for each commercial.
avidemux ...open yer video.... then select each unwanted section (the a/b buttons set start and end) and edit-->delete from the menu.

Set to copy audio/copy video mode and save in a matter of seconds with the unwanted removed.

mike

sunburnt

#9 Post by sunburnt »

Thanks Mike; I never noticed when I`ve used it that it could do that.

It`d be a life saver for time consuming video editing.

mikeb

#10 Post by mikeb »

I am the video lifeguard... I have a vest top to prove it....

I also love adverts so much....

And my lips....

mike

disciple

#11 Post by disciple »

If you are dealing with MPEG2 you might want to check out Gopchop and Gopdit, which will trim it without reencoding.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

sunburnt

#12 Post by sunburnt »

disciple; I don`t think avidemux transcodes it, does it? It does a section in minutes...

But maybe it does, and Gopchop and Gopdit ( Gopedit ? ) will do it faster.

mikeb

#13 Post by mikeb »

If copy is used for codecs then no re-encoding occurs only remuxing ... as per ffmpeg.

mike

gcmartin

Backup my disc

#14 Post by gcmartin »

Last weekend, one of my favorite videos that I purchased several years back is scratched and wont play cleanly.

This has me concerned about the other DVD videos I have and how to create copies of just my favorites.

Is there any tools in Puppyland (peasydisc/PBurn) or other which will allow me to clone my favorites so as not to have them fall victim of destruction?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

disciple

#15 Post by disciple »

mikeb wrote:If copy is used for codecs then no re-encoding occurs only remuxing ... as per ffmpeg.
Yes, I think you're right. I think Gop* somehow avoid even remuxing. To be honest I haven't used them extensively, so I can't really vouch for their output. But I've always had trouble with remuxed videos getting out of sync somehow.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

cthisbear

#16 Post by cthisbear »

" Last weekend, one of my favorite videos that I purchased several years back is scratched and wont play cleanly. "

Some people use toothpaste....be careful.

Such as

http://www.howtoguides365.com/how-to/clean-dvds/

Chris.

mikeb

#17 Post by mikeb »

mpeg2 (and mp3)can be literally sliced up because of how they are structured so yes without remuxing.
Remuxing sync errors tend to happen when variable bitrate sound is used... a PITA that saves but a few MB.

DVD backup.....
Handbrake... newer versions are mp4 only but the one that does avi/xvid/mp3 is around still here (0.9.2). I have a simple gui as the linux one offered is a bit barmy.

Favourite convertor I use is Mencoder ... its fast and seems to make smaller files.... I am tending to use x264 now as it can encode using multi cores and makes smaller videos that are very impressive in quality. Again I have a simple gui for it to avoid the command line.

I assume ffmpeg can do it too... well everything linux uses ffmpeg in some form or other....its how the dvd is handled that varies.

Avidemux can be used !!!... you select the largest vob.... usually ok but sometimes you have extra parts to the dvd which may not be included or tagged onto the end. The other 2 can select titles and chapters and list contents.

mike

Pelo

i was searching information about mencoder

#18 Post by Pelo »

i was searching information about mencoder
But i can tell that videocut will satisfy most of requirements searched by Dookus .
"A program that can trim out multiple sections and make a single video from the selected portions and also repair any defects in the video streams."

I ever some friends post behind me to underline that Dookus has gone, i answer right now, perhaps Dookus has gone, but video aficionados are still here. That will help them
I tried videocut.. You edit your video image by image. I'ts quite to much. avidemux is enough for me.
Attachments
Videocut.jpg
Confirmed, videocut is the tool for video-makers (devs ?)
(48.37 KiB) Downloaded 597 times
Last edited by Pelo on Sun 27 Aug 2017, 16:02, edited 1 time in total.

charisse

#19 Post by charisse »

Hello, everyone! I am not sure where to post my question... but hopefully, it is the right place.

I am looking for the video editing software which is not complicated. I am not experienced in video editing that is why not sure with which tool to start.

Thank you :oops:

Mike Walsh

#20 Post by Mike Walsh »

Hallo, charisse.

Can you let us know which Puppy you're running, please? Not all different apps will run in all Pups, y'see.....

If you should happen to be running one of the Ubuntu-based Pups (Tahrpup, or Xenialpup), the one I would recommend for ease of use would be OpenShot. Granted, it doesn't have half enough features to satisfy the 'experts' who do this kinda stuff all the time.....but for folks who just want to do basic video editing, it's perfect. :)

Also, if you could give us some idea of your computer's specs (like CPU, amount of RAM, size of hard drive, what type of graphics, etc.....and age!!), that will help us to decide which apps to recommend. There's quite a choice...

Mike. :wink: