searching very cheap an tiny PC with touch screen

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
oui

searching very cheap an tiny PC with touch screen

#1 Post by oui »

Hi

I am searching some very cheap, fast, and tiny PC with touch screen like android flyer are, to use Puppy with all it's figures including SFS's (of course!!! my actual problem with Android flyer is that no real full Libre Office is available. It would be the same with the main scope of Puppy...).

an idea / proposal which one?

is Puppy able to manage a touch screen + usual peripherie (mouse...)?

greetings

ally

#2 Post by ally »

hey oui

thomas_schaefer made a couple of pups for use with the acer 1825ptz

details here: http://archive.org/details/Puppy_Linux_007

I suppose any touchscreen model could be made to work?

:)

gcmartin

#3 Post by gcmartin »

On the left side of that webpage you show, there are 2 ISOs; namely an 007 and an 008. Can anyone recommend one to use.for a 32bit PC with a touch screen.

Also, the device you select MUST be an x86 (intel/AMD). ISOs built for x86 will NOT work on an ARM processor because ARMs operate markedly different instruction-sets.

oui

#4 Post by oui »

Thank you very much.

Today, I did install AndrOpen Office on my HTC-Flyer and I am very pretty surprised how good and similar with LibreOffice this extrem heavy app did open one of my most important big as well as complex *.odt documents made recently in Puppy with LO 4.0.4.

Perhaps I willn't need some new PC and simply continue in original Android :roll:

All was perfect excepted:

- only a few fonts and not the used "déja vu condensed)
- the figure "calculate in text document spreadsheet" seems don't to work.

but it was a short first contact: I have probably to learn it better...

in some other fields, the touch screen is absolutely splendid. and using a Bluetooth keyboard it is possible to do about the same as with a PC (excepted no functions key F1 .. F12).

Kind regards