Manna OS 3.3 remaster of Slacko 5.6

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
oldyeller

#61 Post by oldyeller »

ally wrote:hi yeller

having trouble downloading the 2.7 iso with "You don't have permission to access /Oldyeller/Manna-2.7/manna-2.7.iso on this server."

:)
Hi ally,

Sometimes that does happen just try again and let me know. I have had that problem myself going to other devs on smokey01.com and at ibiblio the page would show 404 error.

Cheers

oldyeller

#62 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I have done a new update for Manna. I have put in a New Reader called Manna Reader that will take the place of the Manna-Menu.

Upon installing, it will remove any unnecessary files. Everything will show up on the menubar.

Get it Here http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=84566

Cheers

oldyeller

#63 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I have fixed the mannareader-3.0 and it works just fine now. use link the post above.

Cheers

oldyeller

#64 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

Having problems with permission to download from the server; trying to get it resolved. Has anyone else been having any problems with this?

Let me know

Thanks

01micko

#65 Post by 01micko »

oldyeller wrote:Hello Everyone,

Having problems with permission to download from the server; trying to get it resolved. Has anyone else been having any problems with this?

Let me know

Thanks
Yes

Open up gftp and login, highlight the iso and rightclick, select "Permissions". Ensure that they are checked the same as in the screeny. :wink:
Attachments
capture13058.png
(11.78 KiB) Downloaded 494 times
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

oldyeller

#66 Post by oldyeller »

Hi Mick,

Thanks, It is all done and good to download now.

Cheers

oldyeller

#67 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I have uploaded a new Manna Program called Manna Bible Software plus you download an update from it already.

Get it here http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=84566

God Bless and Enjoy.

oldyeller

#68 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I have just uploaded a new Manna 3.2 here
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=84566

Hope you will enjoy.

Will also be coming out with a new remaster of this os sometime this month Lord willing

Cheers

oldyeller

#69 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

The new Manna that I just did has a flaw in it. I have put more icons in /usr/share/pixmaps than what I wanted for the icons to show up in the menu.

I have reuploaded Manna-3.2 and have also done a script that will remove the unwanted icons.

##########################################

As of today September 09, 2013 if you have downloaded Manna-3.2 you not need to use this script.

##########################################

Cheers
Attachments
removeicons.gz
(5.26 KiB) Downloaded 352 times

oldyeller

#70 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I have found a bug in Manna-3.2; Sorry about that thought I did a complete inspection before uploading it.

This update will fix the Studies to load in the chapters so that the whole study can be viewed.
Attachments
manna_updatefix-1.0.pet
update for Manna-3.2
(2.76 KiB) Downloaded 355 times

oldyeller

#71 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I have uploaded Manna Bible Software 3.3 get it here: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=84566

It comes with the WEB bible and a Parallel Bible with the KJV and WEB

Also working on a new remaster of slacko 5.6 of which I am using right now and testing on

Cheers

oldyeller

#72 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

This starts Manna OS 3.3 which you can get from first post.

Added openbox-fbpanel and also kept jwm with openbox as the default.

Enjoy

ally

#73 Post by ally »

oldyeller

#74 Post by oldyeller »

ally wrote:(all) mirrored here:

http://archive.org/details/Puppy_Linux_Manna

Thanks ally for all of the work you have done to mirror everyone's work so they don't get lost. :D :D :D

Cheers

ally

#75 Post by ally »

you're welcome, it suited my skill set (!), the first 1500 were fun, it got a bit gritty after that, glad I finished it though

loyal

wow thank you God for men who use gifts to bless!

#76 Post by loyal »

Hello Ole' yeller

I took a break to find manna updated. I have not forgotten manna. Been snowed under with momma studying overseas and the two kids, foundation and teaching in school. I was asked to find something to help the school here. So I found a man in Chmai who did a puppy for libraries. Now I am seeing if I can add manna to it so I have two in one. With percise Thai is no problem. If get it to work I'll let you know. I did try to build thai into manna/ Once I got the precise version it was easy. slacko Iamnot smart enoughyet. Loyal

oldyeller

Re: wow thank you God for men who use gifts to bless!

#77 Post by oldyeller »

loyal wrote:Hello Ole' yeller

I took a break to find manna updated. I have not forgotten manna. Been snowed under with momma studying overseas and the two kids, foundation and teaching in school. I was asked to find something to help the school here. So I found a man in Chmai who did a puppy for libraries. Now I am seeing if I can add manna to it so I have two in one. With percise Thai is no problem. If get it to work I'll let you know. I did try to build thai into manna/ Once I got the precise version it was easy. slacko Iamnot smart enoughyet. Loyal
First off I am very glad to see you here again have missed you and news about your family too. I also made Manna Bible Software that can go on pretty much any puppy you can get it here http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=84566. Let me know how it works for you.

How is the family and Ministry going for you? Talk with you soon pm if you want too.

Cheers

oldyeller

#78 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I just want to know if anyone would still want me to do Manna OS based off the slacko 5.7 when it comes out. Other wise I will discontinue this series of Manna OS.

Cheers

oldyeller

#79 Post by oldyeller »

i will be discontinuing this build on March 15 and removing it from the server.

Cheers

mikeslr

e-Sword & BibleAnalyze work under Shinobar's Wine-portable

#80 Post by mikeslr »

Hi All,

Those desiring access to Bible Software will be pleased to find that both BibleAnalyzer4 and e-Sword run under Shinobar's Wine-Portable. Information and the download link for Wine-portable can be found here: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=91748. The setup files for e-Sword and BibleAnalyzer can be downloaded from their respective organization's websites, BibleAnalyzer installs without a hitch, but to run e-Sword you'll have to also install Visual basic 6 (vb6). The winetricks GUI is still not working. I think it's a problem of zenity (used to create the GUI) not having fully migrated to newer glibs. But you can download VBRun60.exe directly from Microsoft. You'll have to right-click the wine-portable folder icon and select "Register the portable wine on Puppy Menu" to install the necessary wine.sh bash script. Then open a terminal in the folder containing VBRun60.exe and type, code:

wine.sh VBRun60.exe

which will install and register the necessary libraries.

Don't panic is e-Sword doesn't open immediately. It takes about 30 seconds.

The great advantages of Shinobar's wine-portable is that it can exist anywhere on your computer. Consequently, you can install into it large programs. And many Pups can access the same wine-portable [but see the thread concerning why there are two versions] you only have to install programs once.

I find it more convenient to have separate menu listings for programs running under wine. As each Pup will need its own menu entry. It will be necessary to register wine-portable in any Pup for which a menu entry is desired. Once I create a pet, and registration wine-portable, adding a menu entry is a two-click process. The pet consists of three files: (1) a bash script (with permissions set to executable) located at /root/my-applications/bin; (2) an appropriate icon located at /usr/share/pixmaps; and (3) a desktop file in /usr/share/applications. If you've placed such files within their respective folders in an umbrella folder with a specific name, open a terminal in the folder containing the umbrella folder, and type "dir2pet umbrella" --without the quotes--you'll have a pet named "umbrella" (:)) you can install at your leisure.

For e-Sword, I used the following bash-script:
#!/bin/sh
wine.sh /mnt/home/wine-portable-1.6.2-1-precise/wine-data/drive_c/'Program Files'/e-Sword/e-Sword.exe

and my e-Sword.desktop reads:

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=e-Sword
Icon=/usr/share/pixmaps/My-ping.png
Comment=Bible Study
Exec=/root/my-applications/bin/e-Sword
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Categories=X-Personal
GenericName=e-Sword

Make sure that your spelling and capitalizations of the files identified in the desktop file correspond with the files they refer to.

mikesLr