Dirty Dirty Dirty.... Clean BluRay LED drive(s) reborn

Discuss anything specific to using Puppy on a multi-session disk
Ted Dog

Dirty Dirty Dirty.... Clean BluRay LED drive(s) reborn

#1 Post by Ted Dog »

I was ticked my 4month old LG bluray burner stops burning and reading bluray datadiscs JUST exactly like the older LG model before that worked for years...
So I go online to see if I got a lemon or did LG pull a Sony and start crap-i-fing equipment.

I read a post it was caused by dirt on LED.

I would not rip apart a BluRay Burner that maybe under warranty. But I still had my Very Old LG bluray burner, so rip-apart- rub finger and clean part of my T-shirt and force the plastics and metal tabs back to place.

WORKS.... but that older one was SLOW, so I rip apart newer one, clean LED and now that WORKS again......

:lol:

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

Did you take any pictures? How about a how-to? :lol:

Ted Dog

#3 Post by Ted Dog »

Most likely a someone should buy those maxwell disc cleaners first...

My way would cost more and could damage plastic bits and fingers. But here it is:

1) Houston Texan T-shirt with a clean spot ( near kidneys works for me)
2) Somewhat hard to open Leatherman 1994 era multitool, with phillips head and finger cutter (can openner ??)
3) box of bandaids or use red part of Houston Texans logo on Tshirt to hide the blood.
4) unscrew the four Phillip head screws, on the bottom of Optical drive, unset the SATA port motherboard to gain some room. Slide the head-unit (on two rails) forward to center of opening.
5) flip unit over, press in thick tabs on front door side to free the top, you may have to use the finger cutter attachment to pry free top.
6)with top off the lazer heads are side-by-side looking up at you like a pair of goggles.
7) Pull clean part of T-shirt and rub over LEDs.
8) work backward, make sure metal and plastic tabs are layered correctly.

Pence

#4 Post by Pence »

I used to have to clean my nephew's sonyplaystation2 about every 6 months because it would stop reading the disks. He has a playstation3 now and it doesn't have that problem.