Sure, it's 1366 x 768. :)
The Way of the Samurai

npierce

#42 Post by npierce »

Thanks! :)

npierce

#43 Post by npierce »

Here's an update on this.

After Ghost Dog verified that the problem happened at a resolution of 1366x768, I was able to borrow a PC that supported that screen size, and test my theory.

I was able to reproduce the problem with the 1366 screen width, and came up with a couple of suggested fixes, thanks in part to code from shinobar's fix for the similar problem with screen height, and in part to suggestions posted earlier by Karl and MinHundHettePerro.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 379#708379

(Note that anyone wanting to try the fix for the various official 5.5, 5.6, and 5.6.1 Puppies should use the first or second attachments to that post (#1 or #2), since the last two were specific to code in Woof which is no longer current in Woof.)

Barry has implemented one of the suggested fixes in Woof, so users of future Puppies should be able to change ROX Filer's grid step to "Medium" or "Coarse" without running into this problem.

Barry's blog: Fix for overlapping drive icons

Note that if you have your drive icons along the right edge of the pinboard, and have a 1366x768 screen resolution (or any other with a width that is not an exact multiple of the grid step (16 for "Medium", 32 for "Coarse")), after making any change to ROX Filer's grid step it will be necessary to use Menu -> System -> Puppy Event Manager -> Desktop icons, tick the box for Tick box to erase then redraw and realign existing icons, and restart the X server.

The same is true if you have your drive icons along the bottom edge of the pinboard and have an 800x600 screen resolution (or any other with a height that is not an exact multiple of the grid step (16 for "Medium", 32 for "Coarse"))

Thanks to Ghost Dog for reporting this and trying stuff out, and thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.

Ghost Dog

#44 Post by Ghost Dog »

That's cool, npierce. Thanks!
The Way of the Samurai

npierce

#45 Post by npierce »

You're welcome.

sketchman

#46 Post by sketchman »

Just wanted to bump this for everyone. I'm still experiencing this on Slacko 5.6 @ 1920x1080 with medium grid step.

So the bottom line is that using the fine setting fixes it?
"In a world that exists without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?"

Smithy

#47 Post by Smithy »

Well I sorted it by using a new desktop and adjusting the edge gap thing.
Not tried it on a whole lot of comps, but the ones I have, the drives turn up where they are supposed to.