John McAfee vows to make Internet 'impossible to hack'

For discussions about security.
James C

John McAfee vows to make Internet 'impossible to hack'

#1 Post by James C »

Exclusive: John McAfee vows to make Internet 'impossible to hack' in Silicon Valley return
"My new technology is going to provide a new type of Internet, a decentralized, floating and moving Internet that is impossible to hack, impossible to penetrate and vastly superior in terms of its facility and neutrality. It solves all of our security concerns," McAfee said in an interview with the San Jose Mercury News.

greengeek

#2 Post by greengeek »

How long before the CIA slips some psych drug into his drinking water do you think? I suspect he's going to have a hard time getting this off the ground if the 'powers that be' suspect it will isolate our data from their prying eyes.

Deacon

#3 Post by Deacon »

greengeek wrote:How long before the CIA slips some psych drug into his drinking water do you think? I suspect he's going to have a hard time getting this off the ground if the 'powers that be' suspect it will isolate our data from their prying eyes.
If you're a Breaking Bad fan, let's just say someone is going to go on a trip to Belize if he keeps up the talk like that.

Barkin

Re: John McAfee vows to make Internet 'impossible to hack'

#4 Post by Barkin »

James C wrote:
mcclatchydc.com wrote:"My new technology is going to provide a new type of Internet, a decentralized, floating and moving Internet that is impossible to hack, impossible to penetrate and vastly superior in terms of its facility and neutrality

I'll have a pint of what he's having.
James C wrote:
mcclatchydc.com wrote:"My new technology ... solves all of our security concerns," McAfee said in an interview with the San Jose Mercury News.

So he's mastered the metadata thing now ? ... http://boingboing.net/2012/12/11/john-mcafee-dumps-vice[magazine]-after-p.html

amigo

#5 Post by amigo »

I think his plan is that *he* is gonna slip the CIA guys something -some of the same stuff he's taking... and we're all supposed to fund the party that ensues, of course.

jpeps

#6 Post by jpeps »

Furthermore, I will ask the court to take into account the mental suffering experienced by my client: having previously believed himself to be above the law, you may imagine, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, the mental distress that he felt when he discovered that he was not, distress that was directly attributable to the inexcusable conduct of the defendants.

8-bit

#7 Post by 8-bit »

I have been wondering when some hacker will make a fake replacement antivirus update that can pass for the av update notification one is using.
As a for instance, when running windows vista, I have lately been getting a popup on booting the desktop that says AvgFree needs updating and to click on the link.
I have not done so and when I open the AVG app and click on update, I am told that it is up to date and I am protected.
Of course, a hack into that app could possibly intercept the check for updates call and display an up to date/protected message.

When an av such as McAfee or Norton takes control of one's PC to the extent of one being a slave to it and not being able to use said PC, it is time to dump said av.