Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 24 Nov 2014, 21:05
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Desktop
Openbox+Extras 1.1.2 (2013-03-01)
Page 4 of 4 [52 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
Eyes-Only

PostPosted: Wed 17 Jul 2013, 01:05    Post subject: I couldn't have said...  

Moat wrote:
"Thanks soo much for the work you've done on these, vicmz! I really have grown to prefer the combination of Puppy/Openbox/LXPanel - light, fast, simple-yet-elegant, and easily configurable in all of the right ways - love it!"

Amen! I quote you Moat because there's simply no way that I could have said it better myself! Hear! Hear! Smile

Cheers/Amicalement!

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"

mikeslr

PostPosted: Wed 17 Jul 2013, 09:51    Post subject: "Minimize All Windows" not in Openbox + Extras (Solved)  

Hi Moat,

How did you get your version of Lxpanel? The "Minimize All Windows" plugin is in Peebee's Lxde by SFS. See Photo at, http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=694833#694833. But not in vicmz's pet. See Attached. Which is curious. Peebee constructed the SFS from a late version Lxpup created by jejy69. In an earlier version, jejy69 thought it was already there. But it wasn't, so vicmz built a pet to include it. See http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=663776#663776 and post following it. The plugin was incorporated in jejy69's subsequent Pups and so became part of Peebee's SFS.
So I agree with you completely. vicmz does great work: far beyond my capability. He has quietly contributed much toward Pups versatility and excellence.

I've tried vicmz's O+E version 1.1.2 and O+E version 1.1. Unfortunately, vicmz's pet didn't work with either. Was the plugin included his "Older version 005"?

mikesLr

Edit: Later the same day: The mystery is solved: vicmz has a newer version. It can be found here: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=86206
Attachment deleted as no longer relevant.
vicmz

PostPosted: Wed 17 Jul 2013, 23:04    Post subject:  

Hello everyone, and thanks so much for your nice words, they're really motivating. Of course you guys know most of the job has been previously done by a long list of other people including many members of this forum - I just put together lots of pieces into these packages for fun. Very Happy

About the show-desktop button, it is usually at the right corner of Lxpanel in my packages. Tint2 didn't have a show-desktop button until nilsonmorales managed to set one. The latest OpenboxPlus (and the former packages) has all Lxpanel plugins including the launch bar (so the PET linked to by mikeslr is not necessary for them), and thanks to the new xdg menu you can put any Puppy program into that bar (the previous xdg menu didn't include menu categories as implemented in Puppy, so not all apps would appear in the Lxpanel menu). OpenboxPlus is also multilingual, it can be translated to other languages (at present only Spanish is fully available).
capture5372.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   64.16 KB
 Viewed   355 Time(s)

capture5372.jpg

PaulR

PostPosted: Tue 17 Sep 2013, 06:23    Post subject:  

Not sure if this is the correct place to post but....

I get these numbers which never change next to the time/date. I guess they relate to the cpu thread indicator which doesn't seem to be working. Any ideas? I dont' mind removing it from the panel but can't see how to do that in ~/.config/tint2rc

TIA

Paul
grab.png
 Description   
 Filesize   20.85 KB
 Viewed   287 Time(s)

grab.png

PaulR

PostPosted: Thu 19 Sep 2013, 10:32    Post subject:  

Doh! Embarassed The numbers are the battery indicator values .... this machine has a dead battery!
I removed the 'B' from the line in /root/.config/tint2rc like so

Code:
panel_items = LTSC

to make the numbers disappear!

Paul
DM was on fire!

PostPosted: Sun 01 Dec 2013, 14:59    Post subject:  

I found a .pet of this on a site, unfortunately I don't remember which. I used this on my previous install but couldn't find my pet...

Um. I have an issue where if I maximize a window, I still have about 30px of space it can go.
Here's a screenshot: boop
Anything I can do to eliminate it?
vicmz

PostPosted: Sun 01 Dec 2013, 16:46    Post subject:  

DM was on fire! wrote:
I found a .pet of this on a site, unfortunately I don't remember which. I used this on my previous install but couldn't find my pet...

Um. I have an issue where if I maximize a window, I still have about 30px of space it can go.
Here's a screenshot: boop
Anything I can do to eliminate it?

Menu > Desktop > Openbox window manager config > Margins

See also the newer version of Openbox+Extras, which is now called OpenboxPlus (OBP):

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=86206

Page 4 of 4 [52 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Desktop
Jump to: