Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun 23 Nov 2014, 08:25
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
FatdogArm Alpha2 - 12 September 2013 [CLOSED]
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 2 of 2 [28 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Author Message
pedro

Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 52

PostPosted: Sun 15 Sep 2013, 22:20    Post subject:  

Quote:
3D - is more or less a solved problem, but:
a) It supports only OpenGLES, so if your app isn't OpenGLES compatible it won't work (and most desktop apps are OpenGL, not OpenGLES).
b) I have OpenGLES compatible Xorg driver but in my test it doesn't seem to work. I may need to upgrade glibc to do that (and trust me it is a pain to do so) - I can't fix it just by recompiling thanks to the proprietary nature of some parts of the driver. My motivation to fix this is low because of a) above.


i understand, no real reason for such work, i agree with you

Quote:
As for Cedarx - see the status here: http://linux-sunxi.org/CedarX. I am under the impression that CedarX is only working for a special forked version of VLC (which I haven't built yet), but may be I'm wrong. If you have any more info on this I'd like to know.


you're right, a special version of vlc has to be built. Cedarx support seems much more useful than 3d/mali, do you plan supporting cedarx in a future release?

Thank you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
jamesbond

Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 2230
Location: The Blue Marble

PostPosted: Mon 16 Sep 2013, 12:36    Post subject:  

pedro wrote:
you're right, a special version of vlc has to be built. Cedarx support seems much more useful than 3d/mali, do you plan supporting cedarx in a future release?

Yes, I do plan to build cedarx-vlc at some time. When that happens you will hear it either here or on my blog Wink

_________________
Fatdog64, Slacko and Puppeee user. Puppy user since 2.13.
Contributed Fatdog64 packages thread
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
nancy reagan

Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 515

PostPosted: Mon 16 Sep 2013, 16:34    Post subject: rikomagic mk 802 ii  

pedro wrote:
Just want to say big thanks, my mk802 II is now useful again, i never liked rikomagic android, performance was bad, but your fatdog works really well.
Just one question about 3d and cedarx, aren't they already working with the latest sources? That was the idea i had from browsing cubieforums from cubieboard.
Thanks


They are "OVERPRICED" now with deal extreme

http://dx.com/p/rikomagic-mk802-android-4-0-network-multi-media-player-w-wi-fi-hdmi-tf-black-4gb-1gb-ram-149382
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
pedro

Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 52

PostPosted: Mon 16 Sep 2013, 20:33    Post subject: Re: rikomagic mk 802 ii  

nancy reagan wrote:
pedro wrote:
Just want to say big thanks, my mk802 II is now useful again, i never liked rikomagic android, performance was bad, but your fatdog works really well.
Just one question about 3d and cedarx, aren't they already working with the latest sources? That was the idea i had from browsing cubieforums from cubieboard.
Thanks


They are "OVERPRICED" now with deal extreme

http://dx.com/p/rikomagic-mk802-android-4-0-network-multi-media-player-w-wi-fi-hdmi-tf-black-4gb-1gb-ram-149382


My mk802II has a a10 cpu just like the one you show but you can find the new mk802II with a a20 cpu for the same price. Try searching aliexpress
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
nancy reagan

Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 515

PostPosted: Tue 17 Sep 2013, 09:23    Post subject: Re: rikomagic mk 802 ii  

pedro wrote:
nancy reagan wrote:
pedro wrote:
Just want to say big thanks, my mk802 II is now useful again, i never liked rikomagic android, performance was bad, but your fatdog works really well.
Just one question about 3d and cedarx, aren't they already working with the latest sources? That was the idea i had from browsing cubieforums from cubieboard.
Thanks


They are "OVERPRICED" now with deal extreme

http://dx.com/p/rikomagic-mk802-android-4-0-network-multi-media-player-w-wi-fi-hdmi-tf-black-4gb-1gb-ram-149382


My mk802II has a a10 cpu just like the one you show but you can find the new mk802II with a a20 cpu for the same price. Try searching aliexpress


1. I did -not- type overpriced, but the -word I typed- constantly prompted O. Miracles happen, maybe DX nested themselves in my compu ? Even now, 1 day later, still does not -prompt- the word.

2. Sorry ordered already. Thought might get fatdog running which it might not in A20 ?

Thx
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
JackWagon

Joined: 17 Aug 2010
Posts: 43
Location: dead center, USA

PostPosted: Thu 19 Sep 2013, 16:37    Post subject: Re: MeLe A2000
Subject description: headless
 

James, looking forward to an Alpha2 or 3 upgrade for my MeLe A2000.
Thank you giving the MeLe a second life. Also, above all else, a big thanks to you and everyone for their contributions to Puppy and Linux in general.

I'm hoping to make an audio server from mine. So..I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to compile a VNC server for FDArm.
I think it would be great to have remote access with VLC, Pandora...etc., and have the ability to control these mini box noise makers from anywhere.Wink

JW
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
jamesbond

Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 2230
Location: The Blue Marble

PostPosted: Fri 20 Sep 2013, 11:37    Post subject:  

nancy reagan wrote:
2. Sorry ordered already. Thought might get fatdog running which it might not in A20 ?

It may be possible to get fatdog to run on A20 when the time comes Wink

JackWagon wrote:
I'm hoping to make an audio server from mine. So..I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to compile a VNC server for FDArm.
Which one is better, turbovnc or tigervnc? For now, you can already run headless by starting Xvfb with x11vnc.

Quote:
I think it would be great to have remote access with VLC
VLC will come later, for now please use Xine, but I'm not sure whether Xine can do streaming like VLC (I think not).
Quote:
Pandora
never use before, is the source available?
Quote:
...etc., and have the ability to control these mini box noise makers from anywhere.Wink
That sounds like a project Laughing
_________________
Fatdog64, Slacko and Puppeee user. Puppy user since 2.13.
Contributed Fatdog64 packages thread
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
jamesbond

Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 2230
Location: The Blue Marble

PostPosted: Mon 23 Sep 2013, 03:02    Post subject:  

jamesbond wrote:
JackWagon wrote:
I'm hoping to make an audio server from mine. So..I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to compile a VNC server for FDArm.
Which one is better, turbovnc or tigervnc? For now, you can already run headless by starting Xvfb with x11vnc.

Turbovnc is now in the repo. You can start it like this:
Code:
 xwin "" "" "/usr/bin/Xvnc :1"
and try to connect to it from outside.
_________________
Fatdog64, Slacko and Puppeee user. Puppy user since 2.13.
Contributed Fatdog64 packages thread
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
JackWagon

Joined: 17 Aug 2010
Posts: 43
Location: dead center, USA

PostPosted: Mon 23 Sep 2013, 23:57    Post subject:  

jamesbond,
Please excuse my ignorance, some of this is new to me.

jamesbond wrote:


JackWagon wrote:
I'm hoping to make an audio server from mine. So..I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to compile a VNC server for FDArm.
Which one is better, turbovnc or tigervnc? For now, you can already run headless by starting Xvfb with x11vnc.

Quote:
I think it would be great to have remote access with VLC
VLC will come later, for now please use Xine, but I'm not sure whether Xine can do streaming like VLC (I think not).
Quote:
Pandora
never use before, is the source available?
Quote:
...etc., and have the ability to control these mini box noise makers from anywhere.Wink
That sounds like a project Laughing


I have been reading up on Xvfb and TurboVNC...looks slick (now, if I can just make it work.)

xvfb :1 -screen 1 1024x768x16

x11vnc -usepw -nevershared -forever -display :1
Am I on the right track here?

Then run TurboVNC on the server side to connect with xvfb and x11vnc?
xwin TurboVNC /usr/bin/Xvnc :1

I currently use a fairly old TightVNC for a client. Is there a disadvantage to using it?
Quote:
Pandora, never use before, is the source available?

Pandora, as in streaming internet music/radio websites. Rdio, Tunein, Streema...etc.

Now, where did I put my MeLe Laughing

If only FatDogArm would boot up on my OUYA game box? That would be sweeet.

JW
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
jamesbond

Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 2230
Location: The Blue Marble

PostPosted: Tue 24 Sep 2013, 23:20    Post subject:  

JackWagon wrote:
jamesbond,
Please excuse my ignorance, some of this is new to me.
No worries, we were all noobies once Smile

Quote:
I have been reading up on Xvfb and TurboVNC...looks slick (now, if I can just make it work.)

xvfb :1 -screen 1 1024x768x16

x11vnc -usepw -nevershared -forever -display :1
Am I on the right track here?

Then run TurboVNC on the server side to connect with xvfb and x11vnc?
xwin TurboVNC /usr/bin/Xvnc :1

No need all those. If you can ssh into the box, you can just do this:
Code:
setsid xwin "" "" "/usr/bin/Xvnc :1"
and that's all. If running over unsecured network you can use password and/or ssh tunnelling, no problem.

Quote:
I currently use a fairly old TightVNC for a client. Is there a disadvantage to using it?
No problem, at most you would probably lose some of the speed optimisations but I don't think it has much effect on local LAN (unless your LAN is extremely heavily used for something else).

Quote:
Pandora, as in streaming internet music/radio websites. Rdio, Tunein, Streema...etc.
Ok, let me see that.

Quote:
If only FatDogArm would boot up on my OUYA game box? That would be sweeet.

The bad news is that it is unlikely, see http://randomfoo.net/2013/05/10/hacking-the-ouya. If you just want to have a media server then XBMC will work on it.

_________________
Fatdog64, Slacko and Puppeee user. Puppy user since 2.13.
Contributed Fatdog64 packages thread
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
jamesbond

Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 2230
Location: The Blue Marble

PostPosted: Wed 02 Oct 2013, 08:04    Post subject:  

Alpha3 is released, discussion here: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=728353
_________________
Fatdog64, Slacko and Puppeee user. Puppy user since 2.13.
Contributed Fatdog64 packages thread
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
linux28

Joined: 05 Apr 2009
Posts: 211

PostPosted: Wed 30 Oct 2013, 08:17    Post subject:  

Why CLOSED Question
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
mavrothal


Joined: 24 Aug 2009
Posts: 1792

PostPosted: Wed 30 Oct 2013, 08:23    Post subject:  

linux28 wrote:
Why CLOSED Question

Because as the post above yours says there is alpha 3 now
Anything you report on a2 you should test if it is also true in a3.
If it is, report it there, if it is not, is "solved" Wink

_________________
Kids all over the world go around with an XO laptop. They deserve one puppy (or many) too Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 2 of 2 [28 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.1128s ][ Queries: 13 (0.0133s) ][ GZIP on ]