touchpad freezes

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
abuian

touchpad freezes

#1 Post by abuian »

I'm running Precise Puppy 5.7 on a USB flash drive, plugged into a Dell Latitude E4310. It has a dual built-in pointer system with both a peg-joystick in the keyboard (I don't know the technical name for it, and I've never liked using it) and a touchpad in front. It doesn't require any special setup to get it working--initial settings are fine.

I've noticed that sometimes, especially if I leave it running for several hours and come back to it (but not all the time), the touchpad will stop working. The touchpad buttons still work, as well as the joystick and its button, and if I reboot, everything starts working again.

Any idea what it might be or how to fix it? It's mostly an annoyance, because I can switch temporarily to the other pointer device until I'm ready to reboot. But it would still be nice to sort it out.

thanks,
Trevor

abuian

#2 Post by abuian »

I should say, it also fixes the problem if I restart the X server, which is a bit faster than rebooting, but not much less of an annoyance. Restarting JWM only does not help.

Trevor

Karl Godt

#3 Post by Karl Godt »

Am not happy with the precise Xorg - it sometimes creates a black blank console screen on my PC when shutting down . Would try other Puppies like Racy or Slacko or one from the derivates section to see if that occurs there too .