Manna OS-3.4

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
oldyeller

#21 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I will be doing a new build with woof using precise 5.7.1 for Manna 2.9.

What I want to know is would you like for a non-pae or pae for the kernel?

Will also be looking at the menu as well, thinking about what a new user would use in the menu. any ideas would be great :D

Cheers

Jim1911

#22 Post by Jim1911 »

oldyeller wrote:Hello Everyone,
I prefer pae, however, how about both?
Thanks,
Jim

oldyeller

#23 Post by oldyeller »

Jim1911 wrote:
Thanks,
Jim
That could be in the plans, we will have to see how everything goes. When ever I ask for feed back it never comes, so thank you for yours :D :D

My wife is back using puppy again so I have her seeing what she likes in the menu and what eye-candy (icons, gtk themes and wall paper) she thinks should be in for new users. It will have some new programs + wbar.

It will be awhile for this release, that is way I am asking some questions in the post above.

Cheers

infromthepound

#24 Post by infromthepound »

I will be doing a new build with woof using precise 5.7.1 for Manna 2.9.

Will also be looking at the menu as well, thinking about what a new user would use in the menu. any ideas would be great :D

Cheers
I think the question could be how many of us are using older computers without PAE, rather than which to chose. (I use both)
JB

oldyeller

#25 Post by oldyeller »

Jim1911
@JB
I didn't think about that since I am not really sure who uses any of the Manna OS's that I have done or even the separate program.

So I will probably do both non-pae and pae so that all can use it.

Thanks for reminding me about people that are using older computers. Any thoughts about the Menu as far as what a new user would be comfortable with. I know that will depend on the person using it though.

Cheers

oldyeller

#26 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I have just uploaded some more pets to the repo for manna:

gpicview-0.2.3-i486
lxtask-0.1.4-i486
lxterminal-0.1.11-i486 +vte-0.28.2-i486....this will get downloaded as a dependency.

Don't forget to update the repos to get these.

Enjoy

oldyeller

#27 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I have just uploaded some more apps to the repo for Manna.

All Apps by radky:

pRun-1.0
PupApps-2.0.1
PupClockset-2.2
PupControl-2.4.1
PupMenu-3.3
PupShutdown-2.0.1
PupSysInfo-2.3.1

Hope you will enjoy these great apps by radky

Cheers

oldyeller

#28 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

There is a new Manna 3.2 you can get it here
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=84566

I also will not be doing a new woof build, I will be remastering this one again. I like it better than 5.7.1

Cheers

oldyeller

#29 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

The new Manna that i did has a flaw in it. I have put to many icons in /usr/share/pixmaps that Manna needs for the icons to show up in the menu.

I have reuploaded Manna-3.2 and made a script that will remove the unwanted icons.

##########################################

As of today September 09, 2013 if you have downloaded Manna-3.2 you not need to use this script.

##########################################

Cheers
Attachments
removeicons.gz
Just remove the fake .gz and make exec if not already. Click on it and it will remove the icons
(5.26 KiB) Downloaded 383 times

oldyeller

#30 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I have found a bug in Manna-3.2; Sorry about that thought I did a complete inspection before uploading it.

This update will fix the Studies to load in the chapters so that the whole study can be viewed.
Attachments
manna_updatefix-1.0.pet
update for Manna-3.2
(2.76 KiB) Downloaded 376 times

oldyeller

#31 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I have uploaded Manna Bible Software 3.3 get it here: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=84566

It comes with the WEB bible and a Parallel Bible with the KJV and WEB
Last edited by oldyeller on Thu 07 Nov 2013, 15:34, edited 1 time in total.

oldyeller

#32 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I have done a menu update for the lxpanel menu so that the Menu entries for the Manna programs will show up in the Document Menu.

Enjoy
Attachments
lxpanelmenu-0.1.pet
Updates the lxpanel menu with the Manna Programs in Document.
(2.2 KiB) Downloaded 287 times

oldyeller

#33 Post by oldyeller »

removed post

oldyeller

#34 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I will be doing a new Manna OS once I get Manna Bible Software updated. Recoded it so that I will be able to continue to add resources to it. As it is right now it will be limited to how much I can add. So Lord willing it will before June.

Cheers

butchydave

Manna OS

#35 Post by butchydave »

:lol: I run a couple of your distros.I am running your 5.7.1 as my current goto Pup. Your (i guess) 528 has been on a 8g USB stick for a long..long time. Please continue your good work!
Thanks!!

oldyeller

Re: Manna OS

#36 Post by oldyeller »

butchydave wrote::lol: I run a couple of your distros.I am running your 5.7.1 as my current goto Pup. Your (i guess) 528 has been on a 8g USB stick for a long..long time. Please continue your good work!
Thanks!!
HI butchydave It was BarryK who did 5.7.1. It was 01micko and playdayz who did lupu 528, I did a couple of remasters with 528 BiblePup and Manna.

@Everyone this build is going to be almost a barebones so if there is something you would like to have in there better let me know now.

It will Manna 3.4 when I get it done, gimp, vlc, qt, libreOffice, java and some other bible programs, multimedia-player and all programs for settings. There will be more on programs once the Beta comes out.

Cheers

oldyeller

#37 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I am in the works of building a non-pae of Manna OS 3.4 as it stands right now it is 472mb without any of Manna Bible Software. As a non-pae how big would you want it to be?

I have put in LibreOffice, qt, vlc, jre, gimp; I can remove LibreOffice which is almost 200mb. Let me know how big this should for a non-pae. If no response about this by next Friday there will be no non-pae.

Cheers

gcmartin

#38 Post by gcmartin »

oldyeller wrote:Hello Everyone, ... how big this should for a non-pae.
Just an idea for your consideration.

In today's world of communications, download ISO size is of little concern. We have moved from the old 'dial-up' size concern, for the most part, to one of functionality.

You may want to consider what several/many of the developers have already done: namely, issue an opening post statement of the minimal platform they know their distro will perform on. The functionality and the minimum recommendation has the most meaningful message to new/experienced users, I think.

Again, this is only an idea for what you ask. :idea:

oldyeller

#39 Post by oldyeller »

gcmartin wrote:
oldyeller wrote:Hello Everyone, ... how big this should for a non-pae.
Just an idea for your consideration.

In today's world of communications, download ISO size is of little concern. We have moved from the old 'dial-up' size concern, for the most part, to one of functionality.

You may want to consider what several/many of the developers have already done: namely, issue an opening post statement of the minimal platform they know their distro will perform on. The functionality and the minimum recommendation has the most meaningful message to new/experienced users, I think.

Again, this is only an idea for what you ask. :idea:
It is not the speed of the download that I am concerned about, It is how much ram people have on their older hardware. This will have the same kernel that precise-5.7.1-retro has.

gcmartin

#40 Post by gcmartin »

oldyeller wrote:It is not the speed of the download that I am concerned about, It is how much ram people have on their older hardware. This will have the same kernel that precise-5.7.1-retro has.
Yes! This is why I share
gcmartin wrote:...The functionality and the minimum recommendation has the most meaningful message to new/experienced users, I think. ... :idea:
MANNA is very very good.