Donations For Bw-puppy.com (Huge drain ahead)

News, happenings
Saturn

Donations For Bw-puppy.com (Huge drain ahead)

#1 Post by Saturn »

Hi,

I will be moving in a bit, possibly within the next month and will have to use all my available funds towards this task.

I have set up a donation page via dream-host to where anyone of you can make a reasonable donation, but don't really have to if you got other things to do.

The donations will be processed for dream host, via pay pal and will be used for hosting costs of the server ONLY!

In fact, I won't be involved in the collection process at all! :lol:

Only pay pal and dream host will handle the monetary donations, not myself :-D

you can make a donation at any time of the day or night via this link:

http://www.dreamhost.com/donate.cgi?id=16513

Cheers!
Last edited by Saturn on Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:55, edited 1 time in total.

Karl Godt

#2 Post by Karl Godt »

Noted as SPAM !
:roll:
Cheers !

Saturn

#3 Post by Saturn »

is it the chewy, tasty spam or the bouncy rubbery kind?

Karl Godt

#4 Post by Karl Godt »

Saturn, you have had brainwave once and
I remember that iguleder used it for his squeeze dpup series .
I think also for trinity and his kernel compilation howto pages .

These IMPORTANT files are all gone .

That time I did not know anything about saturn nor brainwave.

Now there had been several invisibleboard pages by you and now this .. ?

smokey01 and russnoodle's are running .

I would suggest to set up a server at home and not a rented out one .

SPAM I need to get at the supermarket too, and will left it to the reader to interpret SPAM .

Saturn, you did a lot for Puppy Linux, but don't start to spoil it !

Saturn

#5 Post by Saturn »

ok,

I will take it under advisement, that this post (asking for donations) is offensive?

oh well..

I won't need the donations longer than a month, due to moving expenses.

And it's not much of an urgent matter as they allow 3 months over lap, so meh... when you sign up for dream host's services everyone automatically gets a donation link and I've been musing over what to do with it.

And no, I can not setup a server at home, due to my ISP's Service Agreement restrictions.

which would you rather,me to lose net access and have a slow server,(due to QoS) or have a rented one that has nice speed and capacity?

never the less I shall attempt to find a reasonably "free of charge" hosting service that I can use from some of my social contacts in town.

I will not promise anything(but will try my best in the effort) in that regard, but hopefully it will appease any one at this content of this post, including the possible wrath and onslaught from the might puppy god's and their legions :-0

meh , I usually have enough money , and I am getting tired of whining, actually when some thing becomes amiss.

and oh btw, I would have kept iggy's files, but he specifically asked me to take them down when I moved them, he hosts them on his own webspace

http://iguleder.wordpress.com/ is his blog of his work and has not been updated since I had his files hosted.

He is currently busy with life's various duties and such but! I think he STILL visits this forum every now and then, you could do a search for his efforts and their respective download links, if you would like on this forum.

perhaps send him a PM if you want to hear the whole story as to why they are not hosted by me.

Thanks!

oligin10

Not a problem for me

#6 Post by oligin10 »

Hi Saturn, I see no problem asking for help. If people want to give help, they can. I hope enough people can help with this, but I can't right now due to serious health problems for my wife. Good luck, Rob

Saturn

#7 Post by Saturn »

Thanks, oligin10 no one really needs to.. as I been pointing out, and yes I know there are some far more significant things people usually allocate their money for, like common bills and personal w\e

I am not counting on any one to give support, so I am currently looking for a free host.

I've found one yesterday but question if it will be able to stay functional due to it's current legality?

anyone know anything about "seed-box" hosting places? and the likely hood, since they are used to pimp "illegal" files (warez, other ripped media mediums) at a super high speed..... what would be the chances of it being shut down and me not having a hosting medium at all, if I were to transfer?

and yes, I know it's obvious that any form of "Torrenting" can be equally used for both good and evil purposes and it's just the person or group that makes that decision as to which.

so no, Torrenting in it self is not bad.

But I would be held legally responsible if I had my puppy files on a questionable place.

I will keep looking if this turns out to be a bad idea, as this was free VPS (un-capped) offered by a friend who works at such a place.

mikeb

#8 Post by mikeb »

Hmm our website + domain stings us for 20 pounds a year....they have behaved for several years and have all the usual..several databases/php/add on software/2GB/decent bandwidth/email....... free is an option with a small add and a bit less all round...combine that with reliable large file hosts such as dropbox and copy.com for the chunky stuff, and it should cover your needs

mike