Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 28 Aug 2014, 23:28
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Suggestions
Linux Puppy greatest strength
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
dult

PostPosted: Tue 03 Sep 2013, 08:28    Post subject:  Linux Puppy greatest strength
Subject description: Toughs about the ARM structure and tabletization of our culture

Hello everyone,

I'm new to Linux, I've been learning Puppy for a wee bit now and I like it.

There are some issues bust I'm not that worried because I've learned (by osmosis) that in Linux, I can change things to my liking. It's great.

One of the factors that I like in linux is it's ubiquity. Not in the sense that it's everywhere, but because its made to work anywhere.

I asked a friend of mine (hardware major) if it was feasible to have a weakpc (a netbook) connect to a powerfull pc and use its hardware advantage for some works. As far as he knew, it wasn't.

Linux Puppy allows me to work on my netbook and then plugit in a beefier machine and let me do some more demanding work.

What this means is I'm no longer bound to a Hardware. A household doesn't exactly need a very powerful computer for each person. Neither does a school, or a college.

We become free from hardware in the sense that all we need is a Pen to work and some processors (over-simplification).

I know that Linux Puppy is made targetting x86. There are 64bit versions and some experimental ARM versions.

When I think of getting a tablet, I don't want to use it like an Android Tablet, targetted for simplified operation. I want it to be a pc without mouse or keyboard, a low powered, easy to carry pc:
- On screen keyboard;
- Touch mouse with 2 options:
- Touch to click;
- Drag finger to move, double touch to click.

The most wonderful part of this was if it was able to, on plugin, load the necessary drivers for x86, 64 or ARM and work. It was your computer, with your choices, everywhere.

Even if other apps didn't work, probably someone could make a compatability layer for apps to work (even if badly) (P.S.: Coding noob here).

Just a wishlist...

Thanks everyone! Hope I don't get flamed.
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Suggestions
Jump to: