Manna Editor 3.3

Word processors, spreadsheets, presentations, translation, etc.
oldyeller

Manna Editor 3.3

#1 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

UPDATE:
I have done a couple of cosmetic fixes to the font and size section of the editor.

INFORMATION:
This is a nice little editor that will let you create new documents/or notes. You can save, delete, print and refresh your work. You can also send it to the printer gui to print it to cups-printer or to a printer. You can also send it to the default- word-processor for a spell check. There different fonts and the ability to also change the font size. Upon installing it will create a folder in my-documents called Manna there is where all the documents will be that you create in the Editor

THE DIFFERENT FUNCTIONS:
The Editor has formatting: Text Alignment, indent, Left-margin and Right-margin. When changing either of these the Editor will reload to make the changes to it. There are 12 different fonts and 6 different font size again the Editor will reload for the changes to take affect.

You can send the work to the default word processor edit it with spell check save the work there than go back to the Editor and refresh than save and everything you did in the word processor will be there the next time you choose the file.

You can also send it to the printer gui for printing. Once there you can make adjustments to the formatting before you print it either to cups-pdf or to the printer. I normally do it to cups first make any adjustments that are necessary before sending it to the printer.

Too do more formats for printing send it to the defaultwordprocessor.

###################################################
Before uninstalling any version of Manna Editor backup your Manna folder in my-documents, It could get deleted during the uninstalling process.
###################################################

DOWNLOAD:
MannaEditor3.3 http://smokey01.com/Oldyeller/mannaeditor-3.3.pet

Enjoy printing from the Editor. :D :D

I did a little cosmetic fixes

I have included the gettext by Bert and fixed the Font Name and Size to still show up when they have been changed.

I have added formatting; indent text-alignment and margins.

can now print off what you have done in the Editor

fixed the font menu

I added 12 fonts
send your work to the defaultwordprocessor
comboboxentry instead of using a table

I want to thank
SFR
radky

Cheers
Attachments
main.png
(40.09 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
printergui.png
(28.67 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
Last edited by oldyeller on Tue 16 Aug 2016, 08:15, edited 22 times in total.

R-S-H

#2 Post by R-S-H »

Hi, oldyeller.

This is a nice little text editor. I did not know, something like this could be released using bash and gtkdialog. Really cool!

I will have a look into the code, for sure! :)

RSH
[b][url=http://lazy-puppy.weebly.com]LazY Puppy Home
The new LazY Puppy Information Centre[/url][/b]

oldyeller

#3 Post by oldyeller »

R-S-H wrote:Hi, oldyeller.

This is a nice little text editor. I did not know, something like this could be released using bash and gtkdialog. Really cool!

I will have a look into the code, for sure! :)

RSH
Hi RSH this is just very simple code. Hope you enjoy using it.

Cheers

oldyeller

#4 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I have notice that the help html page is not there so I did a new pet. So now it is there along with an uninstall script. This script will ask if you want to keep the documents you have made before it finishes the uninstall.

Cheers

R-S-H

#5 Post by R-S-H »

Hi oldveyller.

You should insert the following line:

Code: Select all

<action signal="hide">exit:ABORT</action>
at the end of the main gui code of your editor:

</frame>
</window>
Gtkdialog4 needs this to exit the application (script) when clicking on window close button.

Also the manna editor seems not to work here, when using gtkdialog3 instead of gtkdialog4.

RSH

BTW: thanks for your post in my woof-questions thread - pdf downloaded, will come back to this later
[b][url=http://lazy-puppy.weebly.com]LazY Puppy Home
The new LazY Puppy Information Centre[/url][/b]

oldyeller

#6 Post by oldyeller »

R-S-H wrote:Hi oldveyller.

You should insert the following line:

at the end of the main gui code of your editor:

</frame>
</window>
Gtkdialog4 needs this to exit the application (script) when clicking on window close button.

Also the manna editor seems not to work here, when using gtkdialog3 instead of gtkdialog4.

RSH

BTW: thanks for your post in my woof-questions thread - pdf downloaded, will come back to this later
Thanks RSH will check on the code and re-upload with new one.

Cheers

oldyeller

#7 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I have just fixed some code that I missed putting in,
Thanks to RSH for the reminder of it :D See first post.

@RSH
What puppy were you using that it was not working? It should work if gtkdialog3 is linked. I have it setup with code that should allow it to use gtkdialog3 if that one is used.
In lupu-528-004 it works.

oldyeller

#8 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I have just updated the Editor, It is now been translated for German and Spanish.

I have given that tar.gz to the maintainers of these languages.

Will also upload them in a thread in the localization project.

Cheers

oldyeller

#9 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I have just done a new Editor. See first post for details

Cheers

oldyeller

#10 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I have done a new version of Manna Editor. It now has 12 fonts to choose from.

Enjoy

oldyeller

#11 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I have done an updated editor that has fixed the font menu. The Editor now is at 2.5

Get it from the 1st post

Cheers and Enjoy

oldyeller

#12 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I have done Manna Editor 2.6; You can now print from the Editor what you have done. See first post.

Enjoy printing from MannaEditor-2.6

Cheers

oldyeller

#13 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I have just uploaded Mannaeditor 3.0 which has reached its maturity/final product.

See main post

Enjoy :D

slavvo67

#14 Post by slavvo67 »

Hi Old Yeller:

This is a nice little editor. One question: What was your inspiration to make this? I like the editor but I'm trying to understand where it would be useful instead of just using the default word processor or Geany, Leafpad or similar items. I'm guessing you made it for a specific purpose.

Best regards,

Slavvo67

oldyeller

#15 Post by oldyeller »

slavvo67 wrote:Hi Old Yeller:

This is a nice little editor. One question: What was your inspiration to make this? I like the editor but I'm trying to understand where it would be useful instead of just using the default word processor or Geany, Leafpad or similar items. I'm guessing you made it for a specific purpose.

Best regards,

Slavvo67
HI Slavvo67,

Sorry that I didn't get to this right away. What was my inspiration? I am a preacher and I wanted to build my own bible program and operating system. So I started out with BiblePup, But than I found out that name was copyrighted so that I came out with Manna OS. So in doing that I also started to build a bible program with gtkdailog. So I decided to have an easy to use Editor so that people could take notes and write their own studies without having to use anything else.

So Manna Editor was created for this purpose and is now a more complete Editor and still is simple enough to use right off the bat. In fact this is the only one that I use unless I am do programing than I use Geany. I have done many programs for my Manna Bible Software that has helped it to be more complete as well. Which I am getting to re-upload for others to use If they don't want to use Manna OS.

Hope this helps to know why I did this Editor.

Cheers

Bert

#16 Post by Bert »

Hi oldyeller,

Nice editor!

I added some missing gettexting, attached here.

Gettexting the "opening message" proved impossible.

Also attached is the Dutch translation file.

Oh yes, changes made to font and font size are not remembered...I guess they should be?

Thanks!
Attachments
Manna_editor-Dutch_translation_file(nl).tar.gz
(1.21 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
Editor.gz
fake gz
(28.09 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
manna_editor_dutch.png
(26.82 KiB) Downloaded 567 times
[url=http://pupsearch.weebly.com/][img]http://pupsearch.weebly.com/uploads/7/4/6/4/7464374/125791.gif[/img][/url]
[url=https://startpage.com/do/search?q=host%3Awww.murga-linux.com%2F][img]http://i.imgur.com/XJ9Tqc7.png[/img][/url]

oldyeller

#17 Post by oldyeller »

Hi Bert,

Thanks will look at this and update the program here and in the Manna Bible Software thread.

Cheers

oldyeller

#18 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I have finally updated the Editor to 3.2. It includes the gettext bu Bert and I also have fixed the Font Name and Size so that when you change them, they will still show up only right after the change. Once the program is closed however they do not show up until you set them again.

We are slowly getting this improved even more.

Thanks for using.

Cheers

oldyeller

#19 Post by oldyeller »

Hi Everyone,

I have just uploaded a new mannaeditor I fixed some cosmetic fixes in the font and size section.

Cheers