amish and the pldp

Helping keep Puppy well documented
amish

amish and the pldp

#1 Post by amish »

i'm here to offer my help and explain the blog, just for the sake of being clear.

the puppy linux documentation project is not a project that i see as needing improvement, it can stay on the course it's on and should do just fine. i've always liked what's being done here. i've seen the official work, and you guys have done a great job with it.

i also like writing howto's for the forum, and i like having a way to coordinate them myself, and an unofficial, personal way to keep it all handy, to me.

and, i like making it all free, so that anyone that wants to create something from it that suits them better can do so. on top of this, contributing doesn't require signup or login, they can pretty much just comment and it will likely be worked into the main post.

i think that's a good thing- for my project. i've seen the gui editor for your system, and it looks good. my project has only so much to show for it so far, but i have written a nearly book-length tutorial (from scratch, without other contributions) on basic programming, so i'm not a total virgin here. it's going to eventually be a similar tutorial on puppybasic, and i am adding both to the blog soon, since one applies somewhat if you are using dosemu.

I'm also perfectly capable of normal, capitalized English, so don't let my casual posts (all my posts, by default) fool you. I wouldn't try to mix that into a manual that is already written a certain way. A Puppy Linux manual that is homogenous when possible, helps the reader.

but for what i'm doing, it suits me to do it my own way. for the pldp, i appreciate that there is teamwork going on, and if your team can use my help or my material at some point in the future, let me know. i'm more than happy to bring anything over from my project that is wanted in the official manual (dunno what that would be as of yet) and personally fit it to the project here. after all, a public domain license allows anyone to do that, but i don't want anyone to think i wouldn't be glad to help do that, too.

i hope this clarifies my position on the pldp, if we work together on any documentation, i'll be proud to be a part of what you're doing. otherwise, i'll have to settle for just being proud of the blog. and if i can't be, it was kind of a waste. if it helps anyone, i'll be happy. the offer stands; you can wait. how preoccupied i am varies quite a lot, but i help when i can.
sadly, it is not possible to separate politics from free software. free software - politics = unfree software.

puppian

#2 Post by puppian »

welcome amish!

please check you pm for details on how to add docs :D
[url=http://puppylinux.org]Puppylinux.org - Community home page of Puppy Linux[/url] hosted by Barry (creator of Puppy), created and maintained by the [url=http://puppylinux.org/user/readarticle.php?article_id=8]Puppy Linux Foundation[/url] since 2005

kooliepup

#3 Post by kooliepup »

*burp*

Ha, Flash deleted the offending spam straight after I posted.
There's no place like 127.0.0.1