Better Terminal?

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
stefe1

Better Terminal?

#1 Post by stefe1 »

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post this but, is there a better terminal I can change to which will support copy and pasting?

and If so, would you consider implementing it into the next puppy releases?

watchdog

Re: Better Terminal?

#2 Post by watchdog »

stefe1 wrote:Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post this but, is there a better terminal I can change to which will support copy and pasting?

In urxvt terminal you can paste from clipboard by pressing Shift-Ins and you can copy from urxvt highlighting the text and pasting outside it by central mouse button clicking.

tlchost

#3 Post by tlchost »

stefe1 wrote:Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post this but, is there a better terminal I can change to which will support copy and pasting?
Look in the Package Manager for xfce4-terminal . It has copy and paste and other features. Make sure you download the dependencies it requires.

One rason it may not be included in the Puppy distros is size...sometimes performance and feastures are considered less important than sieze.

Best of luck.

Thom

simargl

#4 Post by simargl »

Last edited by simargl on Sun 01 Sep 2013, 15:28, edited 1 time in total.

jpeps

#5 Post by jpeps »

Most terminals already support it just by highlighting.