Icewm Vista themes

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
GuestToo
Puppy Master

Icewm Vista themes

#1 Post by GuestToo »

Attachments
icewm_theme_icevista2.pup
IceVista2
(41.74 KiB) Downloaded 6462 times
icewm_silvervista.pup
Silver Vista
(8.62 KiB) Downloaded 6189 times

WhoDo

Re: Icewm Vista themes

#2 Post by WhoDo »

GuestToo wrote:Icewm Vista themes
Thanks, GuestToo. Especially liked the Ice Vista 2 theme, but I'm still sticking with my highly modified Elberg. Good job though. Much appreciated. 8)

Cheers,

Update: Ok, so I modified your IceVista2 a little to suit my desktop - changed the size of the taskbar, added my logo to the applications button, etc - and now I'm changing over. It makes the menu icons appear so much more vibrant than the grey-white background. You've sold me! :P

Update2: One question: How can I get the little blinking LAN icon back onto the taskbar for Network Status instead of the moving graph?

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#3 Post by GuestToo »

i think you are referring to blinky ... just type blinky in a console window

Jwm and Fvwm95 and Fluxbox support dock apps ... Icewm does not, though it does have icewmtray and Icedock can be used for dock apps like blinky, but i don't think it will appear on the taskbar

i don't know if you can put a dock app in Icewm's tray, i've never tried ... maybe someone else knows

willhunt

Great themes

#4 Post by willhunt »

Thanks for the themes G2 they look great I did have to change
back to the puppy button I like that dog :) wish I had him hi-res
and bigger for a wallpaper :)

WhoDo you might checkout this thread for your dock thing

WhoDo

#5 Post by WhoDo »

GuestToo wrote:i think you are referring to blinky ... just type blinky in a console window

Jwm and Fvwm95 and Fluxbox support dock apps ... Icewm does not, though it does have icewmtray and Icedock can be used for dock apps like blinky, but i don't think it will appear on the taskbar

i don't know if you can put a dock app in Icewm's tray, i've never tried ... maybe someone else knows
Yep, GuestToo. That's the little sucker alright!

I'm hoping Mark will chime in with a way to get "blinky" to dock in the taskbar in place of the Network Status thingy. I know IceWM will let you use either icedock or xystray. I'm hoping one or the other will let me add "blinky" to the tray.

Thanks.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#6 Post by Lobster »

:D

Thanks G2
I like Vista 2 (the red x and other icons are a credit to MS - yep I praise them where it is due)
(remember YOU MUST first install Icewm to use icewm themes - G2 has just updated his dotpup icewm intaller - a few threads down)

Also be aware that JWM is now very stable but the two most stable window managers (in my experience) are Icewm and fvwm (icewm is more configerable than fvwm)

I remember IceWM was the first tweaking I did with Puppy - using G2's early dotpups. They are now becoming very mature. I would recommend vista2 as inclusion in your standard pack GuestToo, many will then have a a choice of vista or 95 as well as the Nice2 theme (great for kids big and small) For some strange reason I really like it . . .

Don't you just Luv Puppy? I think I better go hug a tree . . . :)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

sbaguz

#7 Post by sbaguz »

As requested, here is my Vista Black theme with Vista Wallpaper you can see here.

I think it's quite useless to make a dotpup of it: simply unzip the package in /root/.icewm/themes and you'll find a new VistaBlack entry in "Themes" menu ! :wink:

(But if someone wants to make a dotpup despite all... )

:)

MU

#8 Post by MU »

sbaguz, GuestToo:
really like them, thanks :)
Will add them to the next icewm-ultra and theme-collection.
Mark

gliezl

#9 Post by gliezl »

very nice for Puppy 2.10CE replacing the default jwm. :-D What do u think guys? :wink:
[color=blue][i]"If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it."
~Margaret Fuller[/i][/color]

Eyes-Only

#10 Post by Eyes-Only »

Thanks GuestToo and Sbaguz for posting those themes! All I can say is, "WHOA!" I don't particularly care for Vista or Windows themes in general (not that I have anything against Windows as I don't---really!), but I love ART when I see it regardless. And these are beautiful pieces of art to grace anyone's desktop for sure! :)

Again, thanks!

@Lobster: You spoke of Fvwm? You know mate, I tried to get that to run on BOTH Puppy 2.10 AND Grafpup (likewise upgraded to gtk-2.8 thanks to MU) and I couldn't get that to run to save my life. :( I really felt badly about that too because they have some down-right beauties for themes on Fvwm too IMHO, don't you think?

Let me think as it's now outside my 2 week memory limit here... but seems so I had some sort of "configuration box" come up, or "menu maker", and I clicked to enable it or some such thing, rebooted and... nothing. :(

Unfortunately I don't have my Puppy running ATM as I recently wiped out my 98se partition and without thinking, Mr. Dumbo here (ME!) thought he had something to backup and after the fact he was right! My pup_save.sfs was there of course! -sigh- Right now I'm kinda too busy with other things to remake it...

Amicalement,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#11 Post by Lobster »

Eyes-Only wrote:
@Lobster: You spoke of Fvwm? You know mate, I tried to get that to run on BOTH Puppy 2.10 AND Grafpup (likewise upgraded to gtk-2.8 thanks to MU) and I couldn't get that to run to save my life. :( I really felt badly about that too because they have some down-right beauties for themes on Fvwm too IMHO, don't you think?
I do think. I have just been using Icewm and trying to install xfce.
2.10 does not seem to like some dot pups. Barry despite being on holiday - is still working on Puppy. So improvements are due.

MU has just updated the 1.xx series depository of programs. If you have the time and inclination I would work on Puppy XP and Puppy 1.10 for now

http://puppylinux.org/wikka/Puppy110
http://puppylinux.org/wikka/PuppyXP

2.10 I feel still may have issues around the new t2 system. It is faster and is the future no doubt, more than that I do not know enough to comment . . . :)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

WhoDo

#12 Post by WhoDo »

sbaguz wrote:As requested, here is my Vista Black theme with Vista Wallpaper you can see here.

I think it's quite useless to make a dotpup of it: simply unzip the package in /root/.icewm/themes and you'll find a new VistaBlack entry in "Themes" menu ! :wink:

(But if someone wants to make a dotpup despite all... )

:)
Thanks, sbaguz. I've downloaded, installed and (very slightly) modified the theme to suit my needs. Thanks for your hard work on this. I love the whole theme. All I did was make the menu background a solid colour, so I could see the icons in their full colours, and add my personal monogram - a koala - to the start button.

May I ask, how did you change the Rox folder icons to those in your screenshot? I'd love to do something similar (not the same) with mine, too.

Very well done indeed! And thanks again!

sbaguz

#13 Post by sbaguz »

Wait, wait... I don't want to take all the credit of this: I would like to specify that I've only found (however not easily: in a japanese language website! :shock: ) and improved an existing theme. :) Anyway thanks to all.

As regards the icons, I think they are here.

:wink:

WhoDo

Comparison Screenshot

#14 Post by WhoDo »

sbaguz wrote:Wait, wait... I don't want to take all the credit of this: I would like to specify that I've only found (however not easily: in a japanese language website! :shock: ) and improved an existing theme. :) Anyway thanks to all.

As regards the icons, I think they are here.

:wink:
Thanks for bringing this to us with your own touch of artistry, and for pointing me to the icon set.

Here is my new desktop for comparison with the one I created using G2's Ice_Vista2 theme - a few posts further back.

MU

#15 Post by MU »

WhoDo, this is better in the menu.
Can you offer a download, please?

oh, and the background, too? :P
Mark

WhoDo

Happy to oblige...

#16 Post by WhoDo »

MU wrote:WhoDo, this is better in the menu.
Can you offer a download, please?

oh, and the background, too? :P
Mark
Hey Mark, no problem. There is little doubt that our tastes are very similar, eh? :D

WhoDo

Re: Great themes

#17 Post by WhoDo »

willhunt wrote:Thanks for the themes G2 they look great I did have to change
back to the puppy button I like that dog :) wish I had him hi-res
and bigger for a wallpaper :)

WhoDo you might checkout this thread for your dock thing
willhunt, my deepest apologies. In all the rush to get sorted with what I wanted, I overlooked your post with its helpful thread. :oops:

As compensation for my obtuse oversight, here is a link to the real Puppy - http://www.puppyos.com/amy/index.html. Maybe you can use something there for your wallpaper. Of course you'd need to drop Barry a line if you wanted to pass it on to anyone. The photos are copyrighted as you will see from the page.

OTOH, maybe this wallpaper is more to your liking :D http://www.puppylinux.org/user/photogal ... p?photo=45

Cheers

MU

#18 Post by MU »

Thanks WhoDo, yes, I really like it, looks great :)
Mark

adakadavule

help

#19 Post by adakadavule »

In the first screenshot by whodo,in the top left system info is displayed in a transparent box,i jus installed ice wm n dont know about it.How do i do it??