Firefox 22.0 spam feature

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
eztuxer

Firefox 22.0 spam feature

#1 Post by eztuxer »

They've put some stuff in that browser that turns a normal text word into a link "mean" that I did not plant there, for a dating scam spam crap.
See pic of one of my websites.

At first I thought my index page was hacked, but it doesn't happen with Chromium.

Have they sold their souls to the devil ?
Attachments
Firefox WTF.jpg
(61.16 KiB) Downloaded 388 times
Don't poop it down... Pup it Up !

Makoto

#2 Post by Makoto »

Do you have Adblock Plus and NoScript installed? It sounds to me like a form of Intellitext ads (turns words on the page into links that pop up things when you hover over them), but the anti-ad measures you have on Chrome are recognizing it, when whatever you have on Firefox either isn't, or needs to be trained to recognize it (because it's not using something that trips the ad filters you already have in place).
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

eztuxer

#3 Post by eztuxer »

Thank you Makoto I just installed adblockplus on top of flashblock: No more babes.
Meanwhile they adjusted their targeting better according to my personal taste...
(Pic before installation).
Attachments
Firefox 22 WTF .jpg
(69.18 KiB) Downloaded 368 times
Don't poop it down... Pup it Up !

Makoto

#4 Post by Makoto »

You've got something installed in Firefox (adware/spyware/malware) that is causing it, then. You shouldn't be seeing that happen on this site.

What extensions do you have installed? Try restarting Firefox in 'safe mode' (Help menu > Restart with Add-ons Disabled...) and see if the problem persists.
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).