Google Earth 'Invalid HTTP Request' FIX

How to do things, solutions, recipes, tutorials
sszindian

Google Earth 'Invalid HTTP Request' FIX

#1 Post by sszindian »

Those who are running Google Earth 'Less than version 7' and are getting the Invalid HTTP request when trying to find a location...

here's the fix...

Go to: /opt/google/earth/free/libcurl.so.4 and just rename the 'libcurl.so.4' module to something like 'OLD-libcurl.so.4' so that the libcurl.so.4 module is no longer used (you could delete the module, I just renamed it until we see where Google Earth goes with this issue)!

That's it!!!! Enjoy

>>>---Indian------>
Cloud Computing For Every Puppy (a .pet)
[url]http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69192[/url]

d4rkn1ght

#2 Post by d4rkn1ght »

Thank you! 8)

I thought Google finally stopped old versions compatibility.

Barkingmad

#3 Post by Barkingmad »

Hello

I thought I'd share my experience with this in case it helps someone.

I've tried installing Google Earth 6.xxx on two systems running Lupu Puppy 5.28, one a frugal install and one full.

On the frugal install it behaves as the first post in this thread describes -- thanks very much to sszindian for posting the fix.

On the full install it wouldn't start from the menu so I tried running it from the terminal and it reported libcurl.so.4 wasn't found. I then used Pfind to search for "libcurl" to see if there was any difference between the two Puppy installs, in both cases I found a copy of libcurl.so.4.1.1 in /usr/lib, presumably this is a later version than v4 installed by the Google Earth package. My problem now was why the G. Earth in the full install didn't find libcurl in /usr/lib as it presumably does under the frugal, I fixed it by making a simlink in /opt/google/earth/free pointing to /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4.1.1 naming the link libcurl.so.4 to match what G. Earth was presumably looking for.

Earth now seems to OK except the start up tip gets lost "behind" the main window -- I've just set it to no tip on start :). I hope I haven't broken anything else but as I didn't change anything that was there before installing earth it should be OK.

Sorry this post is rather long but this had me very puzzled so thought it might be helpful explain in full what I did to fix it.

Bye for now

Will