LightZone photo editing program

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
aen

LightZone photo editing program

#1 Post by aen »

Lightzone by Lightcraft recently went open source. On this forum, there are some old posts about people running this program in Puppy.

I have been running GIMP and fotoxx (in Puppy 528) - both great software but without the current sophistication of Lightzone which is a java application.

I would love to be able to run Lightzone so I would not need to boot into Windows.

Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated, but an .sfs, or .pet file would be absolutely the greatest.

dancytron

#2 Post by dancytron »

Below is a direct links to the .deb files for precise and lucid. Might work. You can surf around from there if you want to try another versions.

I haven't tested this or anything. It just gets you past the apt-get stuff.

I'll try it later.

Precise

http://download.opensuse.org/repositori ... 2.04/i386/

Lucid

http://download.opensuse.org/repositori ... 0.04/i386/

edit: I just tried it on my remastered version of Precise 5.4x7 with java sfs jre-1.7u10-i586.sfs and it worked.

edit again: works in lupu 5.28 also with same java sfs jre-1.7u10-i586.sfs.

aen

#3 Post by aen »

THANK YOU dancytron - followed your link for Lucid - works great w/java - jre-6u22-Lucid sfs4.sfs as well. This is a great example of why I don't stray from Puppy!!

dancytron

#4 Post by dancytron »

Your welcome.

Usually when some software gives instructions for Ubuntu to use apt-get to install something, you can look at the commands and figure out how to download the .deb file over the web and install it in Puppy by just clicking on it.

musher0

#5 Post by musher0 »

Hi, aen.

Perhaps add a "[solved]" in your title to indicate that you're satisfied with the solution?

Just a thought. Best regards.

musher0
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

Pelo

I got Java installed in my Triton Mate

#6 Post by Pelo »

Java application ? I got Java installed in my Triton Mate (French precise Puppy). I try Lightzone immediatly, for test.