LazY Puppy 2.0.2 Final - a Paradise Puppy

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
R-S-H

#641 Post by R-S-H »

Hi.

I just want to post a remarkable quote.

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 746#706746
Tyson, a German user from Brasil wrote:Das ist wohl seit Jahren das aufregendste und inovativste Linux-Erlebnis und ich habe sicherlich so einige Distros getestet und verwendete hauptsächlich Crunchbang, DreamStudio und einige Puppies.
Original Google translation wrote:This is probably the most exciting and innovative for years Linux experience and I have certainly tested as some distros, using mainly CrunchBang, Dream Studio and some puppies.
RSH
[b][url=http://lazy-puppy.weebly.com]LazY Puppy Home
The new LazY Puppy Information Centre[/url][/b]

AndyOpie150

#642 Post by AndyOpie150 »

I agree with Tyson 100%.

R-S-H

#643 Post by R-S-H »

AndyOpie150 wrote:I agree with Tyson 100%.
Thanks! :D

Tonight, maybe two or three hours to go, it seems I'll be able to finish main parts of my private LazY Puppy development. Everything seems to work fine, all known issues and/or bugs are solved and fixed. Also, I ain't got further ideas for new programs to write.

So, I can spend some time to work on the translations to English language - from time to time. Mainly I will use this version now without developing anything - except upcoming bug fixing. That's why I started this here - to build my own Paradise Puppy.

I have to contact now the owner of smokey01.com, where the LazY Puppy files are hosted, to get knowledge and information about how much space I can use for uploading new files (ISO, Applications etc.). When it comes to a point that all English translations are finished and LazY Puppy 3 would be ready to upload, I would like to upload some additional files and applications that would run out of the box - not SFS files, nothing to install.

But this would be a huge number of Mega Byte - somewhat around 5 GB. I use this all from a 16 GB USB flash drive.

Ok,

meanwhile, have fun with LazY Puppy (like I do!)

RSH

R-S-H

#644 Post by R-S-H »

Hi.

This is something completely different.

Some of you might have noticed my signature but could not follow the link, because it goes to a German article on the Mollath affair.

Well, it seems like the Mollath affair is now known outside from Germany.

A kind member of this forum did send me a link by pm, which I will post here, so everyone can have a look at the Mollath affair.

Here's the link: http://econoblog101.wordpress.com/2012/ ... -paranoid/.

I know, people come from all over the world to be part of the Bavarian Oktoberfest. Please, if you meet or know anyone who is planning to come to the Barbarian Oktoberfest, ask him to stay at home and to send an eMail instead to the Bavarian Parliament naming the Mollath affair for an reason to not to move to the Oktoberfest.

Thank you very much!

RSH

backi

#645 Post by backi »

Hi RSH

Sure a bit off topic

Thanks for your engagement in the---- MOLLATH CASE---- .

This incredible crime gives me sleepless nights .

Needs much more publicity it is not only a scandalcase in Germany must get public internationally .

Incredible Crime

Cheers .....keep on rocking----

AndyOpie150

#646 Post by AndyOpie150 »

R-S-H wrote:
Tonight, maybe two or three hours to go, it seems I'll be able to finish main parts of my private LazY Puppy development. Everything seems to work fine, all known issues and/or bugs are solved and fixed. Also, I ain't got further ideas for new programs to write.

So, I can spend some time to work on the translations to English language - from time to time. Mainly I will use this version now without developing anything - except upcoming bug fixing. That's why I started this here - to build my own Paradise Puppy.

I have to contact now the owner of smokey01.com, where the LazY Puppy files are hosted, to get knowledge and information about how much space I can use for uploading new files (ISO, Applications etc.). When it comes to a point that all English translations are finished and LazY Puppy 3 would be ready to upload, I would like to upload some additional files and applications that would run out of the box - not SFS files, nothing to install.

But this would be a huge number of Mega Byte - somewhat around 5 GB. I use this all from a 16 GB USB flash drive.

Ok,

meanwhile, have fun with LazY Puppy (like I do!)

RSH
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Silly Question: Once the jdk sfs is loaded, where can I find the java.exe? Been runing around chasing my tail looking in the files trying to find it.

PS: Read the Mollath link. Wow! An eye opener in deed.

R-S-H

#647 Post by R-S-H »

Send the responsible People of the Bavarian Justice, Police, Doctors of psychiatric Hospitals plus the ugly sucking Guys of the HVB to the Hague!!!
After this, pack 'em into a Space Shuttle and send 'em up to the Sun!!!

http://econoblog101.wordpress.com/2012/ ... -paranoid/

Hi.

To load the LP2_jdk1.6.0_45.sfs and then to search for the JAVA binary inside the running OS is not a good choice. Too many files and directories.

Do a left-click onto the LP2_jdk1.6.0_45.sfs (don't load before that) and search for the binary. It mounts the SFS so, you can see its content - left-click again to unmount the SFS.

You'll find one JAVA binary in /bin and also one JAVA binary in /jre/bin.

I don't know which one is the relevant for your purposes. Might be the one in /bin, but I'm not sure since I don't know anything about JAVA - except that it is needed for some programs.

Note: I'm now unreachable at least for a week or two. I got some hard work to do, so I need to stay away from programming and visiting the forum.
Attachments
image-2.jpg
Content of LP2_jdk1.6.0_45.sfs
(18.85 KiB) Downloaded 1236 times

AndyOpie150

#648 Post by AndyOpie150 »

Thanks again.

otropogo

lazy user wants preview

#649 Post by otropogo »

Hello RSH et al!

Sorry I've been gone so long. After an initial flirtation with Lazypuppy I reverted to lupuplus and have been stagnating with it.

I've just downloaded 2.02 -5, but to avoid disappointment (or at least dull it), I'd like to ask if anyone can answer any of the following questions about it:

1. does it fully support NTFS (ie. read and write)?

2. does it fully support USB3.0 (ie. hot plugging devices)?

3. does it support large high speed SDXC cards

4. is there a way to install xfprot on it?

5. can deb packages be installed in it?

6. can it support Asian character display and input?

7. is there a way of saving, copying, moving files with Asian characters in the filename?
otropogo@gmail.com facebook.com/otropogo

the last saviour

#650 Post by the last saviour »

Hi otropogo, it's nice that U are still around. :D

1. does it fully support NTFS (ie. read and write)?
Yes

2. does it fully support USB3.0 (ie. hot plugging devices)?
No

3. does it support large high speed SDXC cards
No

4. is there a way to install xfprot on it?
Yes, but you must wait until Herr RSH makes SFS file for U.

5. can deb packages be installed in it?
No, I would suggest U try Squeeze puppy.

6. can it support Asian character display and input?
Yes

7. is there a way of saving, copying, moving files with Asian characters in the filename?
Yes

R-S-H

#651 Post by R-S-H »

Hi.

Thanks to the last saviour for clearing this up.

But, if I remember correctly, there is something like a guide to make the lucid ready for USB 3 on the forum - might be in the lucid 528 update thread (maybe)

I've had read this but could not really understand what I would have to do. It's always double time and work for me, because of the different languages and I'm still a Puppy Linux newbie.

RSH

otropogo

#652 Post by otropogo »

R-S-H wrote:Hi.

Thanks to the last saviour for clearing this up.

But, if I remember correctly, there is something like a guide to make the lucid ready for USB 3 on the forum - might be in the lucid 528 update thread (maybe)

I've had read this but could not really understand what I would have to do. It's always double time and work for me, because of the different languages and I'm still a Puppy Linux newbie.

RSH
thanks RSH and The Last Saviour, will keep watching while continuing to use Lupuplus, Knoppix, and Windows.

I need lupuplus for xfprot and non USB3.0 SDXC (strangely, it supports SDXC on an internal slot, but not on the USB3.0 connection - but transfer speed is greatly reduced). If I need to change devices without rebooting, I'll have to use Windows or Knoppix.

I also need to use Windows to write or read DVD-RAM disks and DLA.

Very frustrating, but I can't give Windows up in any case because I need OCR, Quicken, some other apps, and full access to my printer functions.
otropogo@gmail.com facebook.com/otropogo

R-S-H

#653 Post by R-S-H »

R-S-H

#654 Post by R-S-H »

Hi.

I have uploaded the new LP2_LazarusFPCSuite.sfs with right permissions. It should now load with sfs_load 1.9.x.

I have also uploaded the new LP2_Gambas-3.4.1.sfs, which has been compiled by 666philb by a request of der-schutzhund (LazY Puppy User, the teacher who has installed and is using LazY Puppy on 20 Computers at Realschule Lemgo (a public School in Germany)). Gambas 3.4.1 is especially compiled for Lucid, so it will work in LazY Puppy.

The SFS is converted to LazY Puppy SFS P.L.U.S. format and has already the LP2_DevX.sfs declared inside the SFS as the needed dependency. So, just download, create a RunScript and have fun with that.

Gambas 3.4.1

R-S-H

#655 Post by R-S-H »

Hi.

I have uploaded some more new SFS files:

LP2_Aisleriot-2.30-Lucid.sfs - Game
LP2_Check_Network_IP-0.1-de.sfs
LP2_Games.sfs - the original Lucid Games in SFS
LP2_Ginkgo_CADx-2.12.0.4889_linux_x86.sfs
LP2_GNU-Paint-0.3.3-6_i386.sfs - simple Paint Program
LP2_LoveGames.sfs - Game(s)
LP2_PureBasic-5.11.sfs - Development
LP2_PureData_0.42.5-3_i386.sfs - Music
LP2_Screeny-0.7-full.sfs - needs gettext in LazY
LP2_TakeAShot-1.1.sfs - Screenshot Tool
LP2_VKeybd_0.1.18d-1.1_i386.sfs - virtual MIDI Keyboard
LP2_Worker-2.19.6-i686.sfs - File Manager

All to find at my LazY Puppy Repository at smokey01.com/RSH/

Even though I can not understand why people do waste time playing computer games (when there is so much more interesting stuff to do with computers and also without computers), I've uploaded some Games.

RSH

R-S-H

LTHD - Three Headed Dog - transformed into LazY Puppy

#656 Post by R-S-H »

Hi.

For those of you who can handle German user interface or who might want to try to turn this into his personal English version or just for your interest:

I have build a full featured LazY Puppy from Three Headed Dog! :D

It can load Enlightenment e17 WM at boot up (by LazY Puppy boot option, menu.lst is in ISO), which has some themes installed.

JACK-Audio, XorgHigh und GetText is installed!

I do create these LazY Puppy versions using my Puppy-Transformer, which is the successor of my VSP-LazY-Puppy-Bulder-Script. The Puppy-Transformer uses the main SFS from my LazY Puppy to create a new LazY Puppy; so, there will be some menu entries without programs to download. Mostly portable Apps for wine and Linux standalone binaries - I have uploaded some as well.

In the ISO is a file named lped (LazY Puppy External Directories). Do copy this to the boot partition (not boot directory).

Enlightenment e17

LazY-THD and Enlightenment e17

After booting into desktop, just wait until e17 is refreshed (boot sound is playing then).

Enlightenment e17 themes installed:

AL-Grayish-Bodhi.edj
A-Special-Macpup3.edj
MP5282-black-5.edj
MP-Egypt-1.edj
MPElectric-1.edj
MP-Faces.edj
MP-Metal-1.edj
MP-Moonlight-3.edj
MP-New-Light-1.edj
MP-Vision-2.edj

Size of Enlightenment e17 SFS (WM_e17_LP3.sfs): 55MB

Openbox and Variomenü-Desktops

Openbox
and VarioMenü are a genius combination and now defacto declared to LazY Puppy Standard (some greetings to SFR and der-schutzhund at this point)!

LazY-THD Desktop AudioStudio

LazY-THD Desktop GraphicsStudio

LazY-THD Desktop Development

LazY-THD Desktop Favorites

LazY-THD Desktop Installing

LazY-THD Desktop Internet

LazY-THD Desktop Multimedia

LazY-THD Desktop VideoEditing

LazY-THD Desktop Science

For Desktops: Guides, Desktop, Settings, and Utilities (Tools) the user has to put icons onto the desktop (which then is also the VarioMenu-Group) by himself.

There is some more information in the German forum, Google translate might help you for that - if needed

Download:

LazY-THD-100-03-Xorg.iso
WM_e17_LP3.sfs (put this SFS into boot directory of LazY-THD)
PortableApplications-2.tar.gz (unpack into boot partition, not boot directory!)

End Download:

Have fun (maybe) with LazY-THD 1.0.0,

RSH

AndyOpie150

#657 Post by AndyOpie150 »

Wow! I liike iit!
Will have to buy another flash drive. Will have to put colored electrical tap on them so I know which is which. Lol

R-S-H

Censorship of the Forum !!!

#658 Post by R-S-H »

Hello people.

I decided to post a request in the English, Spanish and French forum to sign petition in an urgent case of German Justice Crime - the Mollath Affair. I thought this was meaningful and useful, and I couldn't see any reason why I should not be allowed to do this

I posted this following text, identical in all three forums:
Hi.

Here is a link (English language) where you can read about the Mollath Affair. Please read this information and sign this petition to free Gustl Mollath.

It is an Open Petition and already signed from several persons of different countries in the world.

Info: http://econoblog101.wordpress.com/2012/ ... -paranoid/

Sign here: https://www.openpetition.de/petition/on ... tl-mollath

By now 44,296 people have signed. We need 100,000 and there are just 59 days to go.

I don't know if your vote will count, but since there are many people from different countries have signed, do it also.

PLEASE!

Thank you very much.
This obviously represents a forum abuse, and is also treated as spam, which could be just removed.

After about 3 hours, I could see Flash logging in and my posts removing by the Hands of Ghosts from the English and the Spanish forum (the French he probably overlooked)!

As the screenshot shows, the forum's own search function finds Gustl Mollath now only in the German and the French forum.

I must say: this is also censorship!!!

You can not deal that way with forum members that have made significant and valuable work for Puppy Linux - and I have done this without any doubt!

I can not recognize a forum abuse or any form of spam and I can not see to have used some not existing special rights when doing these three posts, that would justify the removing of my posts done.

However: the moderators have the power to delete the things where they think it would be necessary and obviously they do it. I can't do anything against such action!.

Of course, my request to you to be active in this case remains.

This removing of my posts reminds me of the deletion of some posts I've made some time ago in the German forum as puppytutorial which was a user account where everyone could use and log in. They deleted my posts!!!

Finally also the most willing guy someday gets filled up and wants to go his own way - it looks like I've reached this point. Puppy Linux isn't that smart to take such things again and again and again - even LazY Puppy isn't that smart!

Everything that I've uploaded to the server of smokey01.com will stay there until smokey01 has a need to remove it.

In the matter of Gustl Mollath I will try to be active in another form of activity.

This terrible situation should not persist and further action in this matter may not remain unobserved, so, please sign the petition

RSH

---

LazY Puppy Development is now closed!

This thread is now closed!

Sorry Guys, but I can't take it anymore!

ggg

#659 Post by ggg »

LazY Puppy Development may be closed, but this thread is not [yet] closed.

Does anyone else have any comment about the use or abuse of this thread?

the last saviour

#660 Post by the last saviour »

Lieber Herr RSH;
Sorry to know that you had quit this project. :(
As you only have problem with this forum, not this project. Why not find another forum to continue LaZy?
It's not the unseen hand but the jealousy hand. Remember I rank you as #1 developer here. He can't really tolerate that statement. So if this posting is deleted it means my analysis is correct. :x

I had already posted that petition into my network. Expect to get xx,xxx signs if that link is in English. So watch out. :P

Best regards.
My people are somebody who will move to crowded city because I have promised them the refuge in the big UFO station.
Now I'd found at least 5 aliens who live in Thailand. They are from Triangular constellation.