Chromium v83 with pepper-flash **RUNS-AS-SPOT**

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
ETP

Chromium 28 on Raring Puppy 5.6.94 k 3.9.5

#21 Post by ETP »

Hi peebee.

libudev.so.1 is itself a symlink to libudev.so.1.3.0, so in order to survive a reboot you may need:

Code: Select all

ln -s /lib/libudev.so.1.3.0 /lib/libudev.so.0
Thanks for Chromium 28 which works a treat.
Regards ETP
[url=http://tinyurl.com/pxzq8o9][img]https://s17.postimg.cc/tl19y14y7/You_Tube_signature80px.png[/img][/url]
[url=http://tinyurl.com/kennels2/]Kennels[/url]

dennis-slacko531

I'm looking for Chromium 28 for Barry's (5.7alpha2)

#22 Post by dennis-slacko531 »

I just want to try a different browser. I tried the ln command above after Chromium 25 refused to "start as root".

I could try the Firefox-testsuite_21.0+build2 but probably not... ----Kind of tired of Firefox. SeaMonkey does everything great actually.

EDIT: just noticed the 49M Chrome pet (dnld'g now).
EDIT: works like a breeze!!

simes

#23 Post by simes »

xstylezx wrote:any one else having an issue signing in to sync on this chromium 28 version? it just gives me the oops message and never signs in to sync. i really dont want to go back to version 27 :(
Hi xstyleax,
yes, I am having the same problem as you. Have you fixed it and if so, how? Thanks.

Semme

#24 Post by Semme »

For Precise, try the pkg here.

gcmartin

Install on Slacko this way?

#25 Post by gcmartin »

Thanks @Semme.

Question
Is the proper installation procedure to install on Slacko V5.5.9x to be in the following order?
  1. Chromium browser
  2. Free ffmpeg codecs for the Chromium Browser
  3. Extra ffmpeg codecs for the Chromium Browser
Thanks for installation advice

Semme

#26 Post by Semme »

GC, as you may have already discovered.. this is NOT going to work. Sorry `bout that..

grump

#27 Post by grump »

Just adding some slightly OT confusion - I'm using the latest Precise on my newish HP laptop, and installed the current Google Chrome using the .deb from the Google website. It installs perfectly and runs from root (but gives a message on first run to say it can't run from root - maybe because it has not quite finished installing).

However, there seems to be some gotchas with this -
1. I cannot use the administration tabs in CUPS but if I setup my printer (Canon mg8150 over wifi) before installing the chrome .deb the printer seems to work ok afterwards.
2. I have not tested this fully yet, but pcdripper cannot lookup freedb. I will try a pix=ram later on just to test this theory out. (I like pcdripper as the rips sound better to my ears, although asunder is much easier to use and maybe as good).

I gather the first one is a known problem, and maybe the second is caused by the same little compatibility problem.

Depending on my experiments, I will either revert to the Chrome that comes with Precise, or go back to Slacko as my main principal pup, or maybe just suck up the compatibility problems. I like using the newest Google Chromes.

peebee

#28 Post by peebee »

grump wrote:Just adding some slightly OT confusion - I like using the newest Google Chromes.
Hi Grump

Yes - a bit OT!!

This thread is about Chromium - not Chrome

and the pets/sfs on offer here have the logic to prevent the run as root problem ever appearing

Might be better to repost on a Chrome thread....

Cheers
PeeBee
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

grump

#29 Post by grump »

Ok, so I've got rid of the Google Chromes and got Chromium 29 from the PPM for Precise. It's fixed the CUPS issue but the pcdripper one remains. It looks like it can't find my usb DVD player (it says /dev/cdrom, whereas it should be /dev/sr0), whereas asunder and pmusic can, and both retrieve track names ok.

I'll stick with Chromium for a while at least.

peebee

Chromium 29

#30 Post by peebee »

The sfs & pet versions (both c. 50MB) of chromium-29.0.1547.57 can be downloaded from:

d050ca7e4230773aad3605fe5f56f775 chromium-29.0.1547.57-i486-1sl.sfs

5ba009e277497b565495526ebc6d79be chromium-29.0.1547.57-i486-1sl.pet

Repackaging of chromium-29.0.1547.57-i486-1sl.txz originally from
http://repository.slacky.eu/slackware-1 ... .0.1547.57

Tested to work OK on both Precise Puppy 5.7.1 & Slacko 5.6 & Upup Raring 3.9.9.

This version sadly comes with an annoying message each time it starts about missing Google API-Keys - however the message disappears as soon as a page is opened. I cannot find how to disable the message so if anybody has ideas....

Follow the link in the message to find out more and to generate the keys if you need them.

Cheers
peebee
Last edited by peebee on Mon 21 Jul 2014, 07:54, edited 1 time in total.
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

z_weld

#31 Post by z_weld »

Hello, I just installed the latest chromium.pet on my macpup550

I managed to open up chromium without issues, but when I got into youtube.com and a couple of seconds after flash tried to play a video, chromium crashed and I got this message..

dont know what it means, just reporting it...
Attachments
chromi7umerror.jpg
log
(48.61 KiB) Downloaded 4603 times

peebee

#32 Post by peebee »

z_weld wrote:Hello, I just installed the latest chromium.pet on my macpup550

I managed to open up chromium without issues, but when I got into youtube.com and a couple of seconds after flash tried to play a video, chromium crashed and I got this message..

dont know what it means, just reporting it...
Hi

No real answers I'm afraid - Macpup550 is based on Precise 5.5 so it may be worth trying an earlier version of Chromium - say 25.

Also, which flashplayer does Macpup come with? If it is an older version it may be worth trying updating to a later version....

Then, Macpup has E17 - it might be worth seeing if the error occurs with vanilla Precise 5.5 (or 5.7.1 as Precise is now).

Cheers
peebee

peebee

Chrome 30 sfs

#33 Post by peebee »

Whilst waiting for the next Chromium to become available on slacky.eu I have made an sfs of Chrome 30.1599.101

This version runs "as is" on Precise 5.7.1 and Upup Raring 3.9.9.2 HOWEVER Slacko 5.6 needs GConf-3.2.5 installing - use the Puppy Package Manager and search for gconf from the Slackware 14.0 Official repository. Adds about 1MB.

The sfs (47MB) can be downloaded from:
chrome-30.0.1599.101-i386-1sl.sfs

If you need a pet - can I suggest that you create a pet from the sfs - just click on the sfs to extract its contents into a folder and then use dir2pet from a terminal to make the folder into a pet.

If you worry about such things, chrome://sandbox indicates that this version is not "adequately sandboxed".

Cheers
peebee

peebee

Chromium 30.0.1599.101

#34 Post by peebee »

The sfs (c. 36MB - xz compressed) of chromium-30.0.1599.101 can be downloaded from:

33e426a5108cbcb8fb6c548a94820346 chromium-30.0.1599.101-i486-2sl.sfs

Repackaging of chromium-30.0.1599.101-i486-2sl.txz originally from
http://repository.slacky.eu/slackware-1 ... .1599.101/

Tested to work OK on both Precise Puppy 5.7.1 & Slacko 5.6 & Upup Raring 3.9.9 & LxPup 13.10

This version still shows an annoying message each time it starts about missing Google API-Keys...

If you need a pet - can I suggest that you create a pet from the sfs - just click on the sfs and copy its contents into a new folder and then use dir2pet from a terminal to make the folder into a pet.

Cheers
peebee
Last edited by peebee on Mon 21 Jul 2014, 07:54, edited 3 times in total.

sunburnt

#35 Post by sunburnt »

HI peebee; I`m making a RoxApp type package from your Chromium and I`ve hit a snag.

Your run script does: chmod 4755 /usr/lib/chromium/chrome-sandbox
So you`re relying on Puppy`s union Save file to create another modded chrome-sandbox file.
This leaves an orphan chrome-sandbox file when the SFS is removed. Not the best idea...
But worse for me is that no-install apps don`t use the union, so an SFS file can`t be chmod.

If this were just for me, I`d make a new SFS file with chrome-sandbox having the correct mod.
But for a Puppy forum download, to have to make a new SFS file is just way too much effort.

# Would it be possible for you to remake your SFS file so chrome-sandbox is mod 4755 ?

Many thanks for any help you can provide peebee. Terry B.

peebee

#36 Post by peebee »

sunburnt wrote:# Would it be possible for you to remake your SFS file so chrome-sandbox is mod 4755 ?

Many thanks for any help you can provide peebee. Terry B.
Hi sunburnt

Changes made as requested and sfs uploaded (new location and new md5).

Cheers
peebee

sunburnt

#37 Post by sunburnt »

WOW...! Talk about developer response.! A different site url I see... Thanks peebee.

A thought: SFS files have no way to cleanup after themselves, so I avoid making new dirs/files.
No-install apps like RoxApp and AppDir can cleanup and pretty much do anything.

Utilities like seaside`s ExeSfs or SfsExe ( can`t remember which ) and RSHs work with SFS
come real close to the same thing, the ability to change the environment for the app.

# And now the next problem, it`s essentially the same problem I had with OscarTalks Yandex site.
Your Box site won`t give me the actual download url, and Yandex mangles their urls.
There`s really nothing the 2 of you can do about that.

# But your first site worked great with my downloader. Why the different site?

### Do you by chance have your Chromium-30 SFS file mirrored at Smokey`s site.?

peebee

#38 Post by peebee »

sunburnt wrote:# But your first site worked great with my downloader. Why the different site?

### Do you by chance have your Chromium-30 SFS file mirrored at Smokey`s site.?
Hi

There is a problem with e-nautia in that you cannot upload a new version of a file without e-nautia changing it's name.

I did wonder if changing to Box might be a problem.

I don't have a Smokey account....

I have uploaded to e-nautia -
http://e-nautia.com/peebee/disk/share/c ... 1-i486-2sl (2).sfs
and as you can see it now has " (2)" appended and I can't use the forum function on it. also to Sourceforge - ... s/download

Do either of these work??

Cheers
peebee

sunburnt

#39 Post by sunburnt »

Sourceforge`s url is: http://sourceforge.net/projects/lxpup/f ... t/download
Which pops up a Firefox download, so I`m not sure... There`s no FileName in the url.
I`ll check it out and see what luck we have.

# Ally responded to my post about web sites. I`m going to see if his is usable, let you know.

sunburnt

#40 Post by sunburnt »

Hey peebee; I tried your Chrome-30.....i386 from e-nautica and the url is usable.
This site is nice and fast and doesn`t buck the download off after awhile.

Again however, the sandbox file is the wrong mode, 755 not 4755.
One way or the other, both files have their problems. :lol:

I already have Chrome-24 running as a no-install AppPkg. So Chrome`s easy to do.