Huawei Assend Y 100 and RT2800 wifi Tethering

boof

Huawei Assend Y 100 and RT2800 wifi Tethering

#1 Post by boof »

Puppy slacko5.5-4g

Works, I think. What I've been trying to do for 6 mths. Excellent.

10 hr review:

Very disappointing. Dell Optiplex 745, CF-WU720N dongle with RT2800USB driverand Huawei Assend Y 100, connected as wifi hotspot from the phone via Frisbee

== useless!

Something keep disconnecting the service as soon as traffic dies down, and it's extremely hard to restart it. Takes MINUTES between screens.

I have 2 other dongles which use same driver, I will test them, and report back.

Neither work. There is a "Power Management=ON" in the WPA-supplicant edit area. Doesn't seem to want to turn off. Devices have no password/encryption???

Can't tell if idiot boarder damaged my ph or my dongles are u/s, but nothing connects anymore and I have to use a cable, which is what I was trying to avoid all these months. Fone may have fried-it's new, so warranty claim is prob valid. NB screens come up FAST with cable, but don't want the daily wear & tear on the connection.

boof

#2 Post by boof »

Now using new laptop, which has an iwlwifi driver to use to connect to my tethered phone. Not WPA compliant. Also seems to switch off on low traffic & not restart. I notice when clicking a SEND on a page that there's NO wireless activity at all in the indicator box, often for a long time. I know ppl want to save power, but this is just awful. Pls help me fix this. This is 0700 Sunday, and there shouldn't be a lot of ph traffic now, but my service is almost unuseable. I have to keep reconnecting after every few minutes typing to make a transmission.

Provider: Amaysim--via Optus
my ph APN type is: default,hipri
computer is : Toshiba Satelite M300