LibreOffice + language packs (latest version: 6.1.4)

Word processors, spreadsheets, presentations, translation, etc.
vicmz

LibreOffice + language packs (latest version: 6.1.4)

#1 Post by vicmz »

This LibreOffice packages were compiled or generated by forum members either manually or using the get-libreoffice utility by 01micko and the sfs2pet-20121001 tool by TheAsterisk! (unless specified), and put here for reference. The packages should work for most Puppy Linux versions. Some packages include a second language, for example French (fr) or Spanish (es). However, LibreOffice will set to the system language or the language you choose at Tools > Options > Languages, so you can perfectly use any of these LibreOffice packages in English, or in any other language by installing a langpack, see the language packs section at the end of the post.

LibreOffice install packages

:arrow: LibreOffice PET & SFS packages, 32bit and 64bit, no extra languages (thanks to Puppus Dogfellow):

LibreOffice 6.1.4 - 64bit and 32bit
LibreOffice 6.1.0 & 6.0.6 - 64bit and 32bit
LibreOffice 6.0.0 & 5.4.4
LibreOffice 6.0.1 & 5.4.5
LibreOffice 6.0.2
LibreOffice 6.0.3
LibreOffice 6.0.4

:arrow: In this online folder you can find LibreOffice 6.0.0 SFS, 32bit xz compressed (141mb) + some language packs and help packs. Check the descriptions of the files for information. All packages where manually converted to SFS and PET from the original DEB files.

File list:
libreoffice-6.0.0-en_US.sfs LibreOffice install package
libreoffice_help_ca-6.0.pet Catalan help pack
libreoffice_help_en-6.0.pet English (US) help pack
libreoffice_help_es-6.0.pet Spanish help pack
libreoffice_langpack_ca-6.0.pet Catalan language pack
libreoffice_langpack_de-6.0.pet German language pack
libreoffice_langpack_en_GB-6.0.pet English (UK) language pack
libreoffice_langpack_es-6.0.pet Spanish language pack
libreoffice_langpack_fr-6.0.pet French language pack
libreoffice_langpack_hu-6.0.pet Hungarian language pack
libreoffice_langpack_it-6.0.pet Italian language pack
libreoffice_langpack_ja-6.0.pet Japanese language pack
libreoffice_langpack_pl-6.0.pet Polish language pack
libreoffice_langpack_pt-6.0.pet Portuguese (Portugal) language pack
libreoffice_langpack_pt_BR-6.0.pet Portuguese (Brazil) language pack
libreoffice_langpack_ru-6.0.pet Russian language pack
libreoffice_langpack_uk-6.0.pet Ukrainian language pack
libreoffice_langpack_zh_CN-6.0.pet Chinese (simplified) language pack
libreoffice_langpack_zh_TW-6.0.pet Chinese (traditional) language pack

Mirror for the packages

dependencies for the 64 bit versions: libdbus-1-3_1.2.16_amd64.pet, libdbus-glib-1-2_0.84_amd64.pet

:arrow: SFS files packaged by recobayu:

Libreoffice-5.4.1.sfs (203M)
Libreoffice-5.3.6.sfs (201M)
LibreOffice 5.3.7 with Latex support

:arrow: LibreOffice 32bit English & Spanish, xz compressed for a smaller size (inglés y español, compresión xz para menor tamaño):

LibreOffice 5.2.0 (SFS)
Optional: Offline help in English (US) - Ayuda local en español

LibreOffice 5.0.5 (SFS) ~ Mirror
Optional: .pet of the offline help documents in English (US) - .pet de los documentos de ayuda local en español

:arrow: English plus French LibreOffice, latest and older (anglais et français, mis à jour et précédentes), maintained by Bruno from the ASRI Éducation forum:

http://forum.asri-education.org/viewtop ... f=29&t=216

:arrow: 64bit LibreOffice packaged by Xanad (Lang + Help + Dict --> EN/ES/FR/IT, tested on Tahr64, Fatdog64 and Slacko64):

LibreOffice_4.4.3.2_Linux_x86-64.pet
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz9e78 ... sp=sharing
LibreOffice_4.4.3.2_Linux_x86-64.sfs
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz9e78 ... sp=sharing
NOTE: For Quirky 7.0.4.1 64bit
install also the libs available here:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 860#846860

:arrow: 64bit LibreOffice packaged by JustGreg:

LibreOffice 4.3.4 x86_64 (SFS)

:arrow: LibreOffice 4.2.3.3 RoxApp/Portable from Roofwoof:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=97061

:arrow: Older LibreOffice 4.0 series packaged for Puppy by members of the ASRI Éducation forum including support for French language:

LibreOffice 4.0.6 (PET, 173 MB)

LibreOffice 4.0.2 (SFS, 184 MB)

LibreOffice 4.0.2 (PET, 187 MB)

LibreOffice 4.0.3 (SFS, 184 MB)

LibreOffice 4.0.3 (PET, 187 MB)

LibreOffice 4.0.5 (PET, 182 MB)

:arrow: Optional for those who want to install Java as well:
Puppus Dogfellow's Java packages
SFS files of JRE 1.7u67 and JRE 1.8u05 made by Shinobar. (See this thread to check for updates), or this thread from the ASRI forum
PET version of JRE 1.7u60 and JRE 1.7u51 made by Bruno from the ASRI Éducation forum.
JRE PET & SFS versions packaged by OscarTalks.
More information

:arrow: Also optional: Extra fonts (2.7 MB, collection of free TTF fonts)

See also the languages section below for special fonts to display Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Indic characters.

To play sound of PowerPoint presentations in LibreOffice Impress, you need GStreamer. There are packages available for Slacko, Wary / Lucid, and Precise.

:?: What LibreOffice package should I choose, PET or SFS?
If you have a frugal install or live CD + session file, you can use SFS files so that they don't take space from your session file. If you want to make a remastered live CD that includes LibreOffice, use PET files. You can use both for full installs. You can add SFS files from the Menu > System > Bootmanager, or from the Menu > Setup > SFS Load (you can also right-click the SFS file and select "sfs_load"). Make sure the SFS files are in the root directory of the partition where your session file is stored.

:?: Do I need Java?
Basically, if you don't do anything complex then you can do without Java. Java is required for certain functions, and in particular for LibreOffice Base.

Compatible Puppy versions

This packages should work in most modern versions of Puppy Linux, for older ones it is recommended to use v4.0 series or v3.5 series. If a package doesn't work in the Puppy you're using, please post a message saying both the LibreOffice and Puppy version.

Posible error messages

If you get error /root/%U does not exist, read this to solve it.

French users may get an error message saying the file 'modelle.ott' doesn't exist, this happens only when running LibreOffice in French. In that case just type in a terminal:

Code: Select all

touch /root/.config/modelle.ott
Then you will be able to run LibreOffice.

Languages, Asian fonts

Built-in support for English and French (français) is included for v4.0.x packages thanks to the members of the ASRI Éducation community. Some packages (when indicated) include Spanish (español) help and translation files.

You can download langpack PETs (with spellcheck if available) from the list at the end of this post, they are convenient so that you can install the eight DEB packages of the .tar.gz in one click.

To view the LibreOffice GUI in Chinese, Japanese and Korean you may need this font package. Install it only if you don't have a Puppy langpack of your language installed, as the latter should already include appropiate fonts.

To view the LibreOffice GUI in languages spoken in India, Nepal, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, here is a font package. Install it only if you don't have a Puppy langpack of your language installed, as the latter should already include appropiate fonts. At the moment there is only Hindi available as PET package in the v4.1 list below, but you can request a PET for your language, or make one yourself (read below).

If there isn't a PET for your language, the following instructions explain how to make one, or if you don't mind to install the eight DEBs separately, simply follow step 2:

:idea: How to create a libreoffice_langpack.pet:
1. Download the utilities attached at the end of this post (extract-makepet and extract-all-debs). Note that they are made for ROX-Filer, they will not work in other file managers.
2. Download your language package from the LibreOffice site (click your language and then click 'Translated user interface' to download):
5.3 series
5.2 series
5.1 series
5.0 series
4.4 series
4.3 series
4.2 series
4.1 series
4.0 series
3. Right-click the .tar.gz package and select 'extract-tgz', all the files will be extracted to 'extracted-tgz', click that folder and the one inside, you'll see a folder called 'DEBS'.
4. Right-click the 'DEBS' folder and select 'extract-all-debs', all DEBs will be extracted to a folder named 'extracted-debs' inside the 'DEBS' folder.
5. Rename the 'extracted-debs' folder as 'libreoffice_langpack_LANG-4.0' where LANG is your language code, for example 'uk' for Ukrainian or 'tr' for Turkish, then right-click that folder and select 'makepet'.
6. On the 'makepet' window, choose 'Document' in the Category field, and in the Description field write 'LANG langpack for LibreOffice 4.x series' where LANG is your language and x is the series (for example 4.4 series), then click 'Generate package database entry' button at the end of the window and wait.
7. Upload the PET to an online storage service, for example Dropbox, pCloud or Yandex.Disk (please use a service that doesn't require username-password, doesn't have download limits, doesn't require users to pay, and doesn't have an excess of flash animations or ads, so that users can download your file easily), then share the link in this thread.

Language packs

Download LibreOffice 5.4.x language pack (PET) for:
Catalan (Català)
Chinese (Simplified) - 中文 (简体)
Chinese (Traditional) - 中文 (正體)
English (United Kingdom)
French (Français) - RÉMARQUE: les versions du forum ASRI Éducation sont déjà en français
German (Deutsch)
Hungarian (Magyar)
Italian (Italiano)
Japanese (日本語)
Polish (Polski)
Portuguese from Brazil (Português do Brasil)
Portuguese from Portugal (Português Europeu)
[url=https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code ... cxFbv0F0ty]Russian (Ру
Attachments
libreoffice.jpg
(37.5 KiB) Downloaded 54057 times
libreofficelang.jpg
(100.4 KiB) Downloaded 53522 times
Extract-makepet-1.0.pet
Extract packages / convert folder to PET (by shinobar)
(112.7 KiB) Downloaded 2667 times
extract_all_debs_1.0.pet
Extract all DEBs inside a folder (by right-click, for ROX-Filer)
(1.16 KiB) Downloaded 2453 times
Last edited by vicmz on Fri 08 Feb 2019, 02:00, edited 154 times in total.
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=76948]Puppy Linux en español[/url]

vicmz

#2 Post by vicmz »

:arrow: Added langpacks for:

Chinese (Simplified) - 中文 (简体)
Chinese (Traditional) - 中文 (正體)
Finnish (Suomi)
Japanese (日本語)
Polish (Polski)
Russian (Ру
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=76948]Puppy Linux en español[/url]

vicmz

#3 Post by vicmz »

:arrow: German langpack ready to download

vicmz

#4 Post by vicmz »

:arrow: Added:
Danish
Dutch
Greek
Hungarian
Italian
Korean
Portuguese from Brazil
Portuguese from Portugal

Also, HOWTO make a libreoffice_langpack.pet if there isn't one for your language, a collection of free TTF fonts, and special fonts to display text (as well as the LibreOffice GUI) in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.

boxR

Re: LibreOffice 4.0.2 + language packs

#5 Post by boxR »

vicmz wrote:These packages were compiled by members of the ASRI Éducation forum (nous vous remercions)
It is not exactly compiled by us. It's a package for puppy created from .deb packages.

To note that to update Java to 1.7, it may be necessary to erase /root/.config/libreoffice/4/user/config/javasettings_Linux_x86.xml

rameshiyer

LibreOffice

#6 Post by rameshiyer »

Please provide cut down version of latest LibreOffice. Wants only Text writer.

darry1966

A Big Thankyou

#7 Post by darry1966 »

I am using this on my Puppy 4.12 Barebones based OS and it works great thank you so much.

linuppy

libreoffice 4.0.2 not working

#8 Post by linuppy »

I can't get libreoffice 4.0.2 sfs working on precise puppy 5.6.1
Installation went fine but when I try to launch base or writer, splash screen stucks on Enabling: ...

Any help appreciated

PS JRE installed

vicmz

Re: libreoffice 4.0.2 not working

#9 Post by vicmz »

linuppy wrote:I can't get libreoffice 4.0.2 sfs working on precise puppy 5.6.1
Installation went fine but when I try to launch base or writer, splash screen stucks on Enabling: ...

Any help appreciated

PS JRE installed
Sorry, I was unable to reproduce your bug, it works for me even without Java. I'll tell later if I find out anything. Maybe you don't have enough RAM space, or the space in your save-file is too small (in that case you should run Menu > Utilities > Resize Personal Storage File and add at least 256 MB to your save-file).

boxR

#10 Post by boxR »

linuppy wrote:I can't get libreoffice 4.0.2 sfs working on precise puppy 5.6.1

Any help appreciated

PS JRE installed
Try in terminal to give us error message.

linuppy

#11 Post by linuppy »

Any help appreciated

PS JRE installed[/quote]
Try in terminal to give us error message.[/quote]

I am a newbie. Which command have I to type?
@vicmz
I have 512 MB RAM and 2 GB swap file enabled.

boxR

#12 Post by boxR »

linuppy wrote:Which command have I to type?
Just type libreoffice in terminal.

boxR

#13 Post by boxR »

The 4.0.3 version is now available.

vicmz

#14 Post by vicmz »

LibreOffice 4.0.3 packages added, see first post. Thank you boxR.
linuppy wrote: I am a newbie. Which command have I to type?
Clic the 'console' icon on the desktop or Menu > Utilities > Urxvt Terminal Emulator. In the window that appears type libreoffice then press ENTER in the keyboard. If there is a problem, the terminal window will show more text. Copy that text, or make a screenshot (Menu > Graphics > Screeny) and post it here.

linuppy

#15 Post by linuppy »

My screen capture is... black.
Maybe I make some mistake when installing the sfs file.
I click on the package then I read: pupmode=2 is experimental... Click Ok to install. Have I to use "Sfs on the fly" to install? :roll:
Thanks

boxR

#16 Post by boxR »

Can you copy the text please?
And tell us about this command in terminal too :

Code: Select all

# cat /etc/rc.d/PUPSTATE | grep PUPMODE

vicmz

#17 Post by vicmz »

linuppy wrote:My screen capture is... black.
Maybe I make some mistake when installing the sfs file.
I click on the package then I read: pupmode=2 is experimental... Click Ok to install. Have I to use "Sfs on the fly" to install? :roll:
Thanks
I have tried Screeny and can capture the terminal, see the example fixmenus below. Now for a terminal application that enables to select and copy the text, you can install ROXTerm:

http://www1.datafilehost.com/d/7cdf8c19

SFS Load is OK for installing at once. You can also use BootManager but you have to reboot to get the SFS installed.
Attachments
capture29881.png
(4.14 KiB) Downloaded 3115 times
capture26223.png
(190.38 KiB) Downloaded 2594 times

linuppy

#18 Post by linuppy »

Uninstalled Libreoffice 4.0.2
Installed 4.0.3 via SFS Load. All went apparently fine but now I can't even get the splash screen.

Attached file for PUPMODE
[/img]
Attachments
capture6791.png
(5.32 KiB) Downloaded 3165 times

linuppy

#19 Post by linuppy »

Update.
Installed Libreoffice 4.0.3 on another PC.
I had two message: one before installation (capture10267) and one after installation (capture5708).
Any help appreciated. Thanks
Attachments
capture5708.png
(10.17 KiB) Downloaded 3051 times
capture10267.png
(10.51 KiB) Downloaded 3022 times

boxR

#20 Post by boxR »

linuppy wrote:PUPMODE=2
  • PUPMODE 02 : full install
    PUPMODE 03 : full install, flash drive
    PUPMODE 05 : first boot [or pfix=ram]
    PUPMODE 06 : pup_save is a partition
    PUPMODE 07 : ditto, but flash drive
    PUPMODE 12 : normal running puppy
    PUPMODE 13 : ditto, but flash drive
    PUPMODE 77 : multisession cd/dvd [13+64]
You have full install on HDD. It isn't a problem, but in this case I suggest to you to use
LibreOffice 4.0.3 (PET, 187 MB)