suggestions

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
wornout62

suggestions

#1 Post by wornout62 »

For a long time ,I have tried to make puppy into knoppix 7..Then I looked at my box of usb keys with linux os on, including knoppix, mint etc.. Then I thought what have I done..If I want say open shot etc. just change keys.
But I do like the speed of puppy.. So why not a cut down puppy for the internet , with fire fox and a media player. Lets for a joke call it grey hound.
Small to download.. Now for those who need a full os, how about a fatter puppy about 200 mb. or more with a bit more polish. Just a thought !
The forum ,,does it need the small talk off two three years ago.Just make it harder to find the good stuff, when you have to wade through a lot of waffle.
Also puppy needs a good ( not peasy ) pdf splitter.. I like the print on linux but you have page after page of crap..Yes I have redone the os and got down
to about 64 mb I think ? . But I dont see grand ma doing it ..I would like to see a one stop shop with all pets. That would be nice. No going through page after page on the forum looking and hoping..Keep up the good work..Linux and puppy belongs to all not a few..So I had my say !

dk60902

#2 Post by dk60902 »

There is a derivative of Puppy called Browser Linux. It hasn't been updated for a since 8/11, but it will still provide a lightweight, browsing experience.

http://www.browserlinux.com/
HP Pavilion Mini Pentium 1.7 GHz Dual Core 12 GB RAM 120 GB SSD Linux Lite 3.8 64-bit w/ Kensington Slimblade Trackball
Bionic8.0 Xenial64 Tahr64 USB frugal install
Samsung Chromebook Plus
LG V20 LG Xpression Plus Huawei Ascend XT2