Clock pwidget in xfce?

Themes, icons, wallpapers, etc.
Old Codger

Clock pwidget in xfce?

#1 Post by Old Codger »

Using Puppy Lupo 5.2.6 and loving it. Just a liittle more house training to do...

Why does the Analogue Clock pwidget not show up in xfce (just a gap where it should be) and can I do anything about it? It's fine in OpenBox.

Old Codger

#2 Post by Old Codger »

I'm surprised that nobody has an answer to this on such a usually helpful an informative forum!

Not sure whether it's because the answer is too obvious, no one knows the answer or no one else has tried it?

Only want it for completeness as everything else seems to be purring (and what a joy to have a distro that copes with (aging) graphics and wifi across all machines)!

davids45

#3 Post by davids45 »

G'day fellow codger,

I too have had occasional problems with the analogue clock widget - either not showing in its space or having two clocks (because there's also an xonclock in the Startup directory).

I think the analog clock is a different type of widget to the others - it's the xonclock part of the widgets package.
I'd suspect there is a missing lib file it needs to display itself or the xonclock executable (in /root/.pwidgets/ ) doesn't run in certain Pups because the developer has left something out or is using a newer version of something that xonclock needs?

I've taken the easy option and just used the digital clock widget when the analog doesn't display :oops: .

David S.

Old Codger

#4 Post by Old Codger »

Sorry, David - gave up on getting a response!

At least it's a relief to know I'm not alone with this issue but will have a play to see if a happy balance can be reached.