How to quickly return to a fresh Puppy install?

Booting, installing, newbie
abexman

How to quickly return to a fresh Puppy install?

#1 Post by abexman »

Im on Wary 5.1.1. This is run off a CD. I had my session set to autosave and I know how to disable that. Is there a simple way to reset the whole installation so puppy returns entirely to defaults and cleans the file system of files I saved there?

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

Do you mean you want to permanently revert to a pristine Puppy and delete everything else? If you only want to go back temporarily, you can boot from a Puppy CD with the puppy pfix=ram boot option.

abexman

#3 Post by abexman »

Yes, permanently revert would be what I am looking to do but thanks for the knowledge.
Flash wrote:Do you mean you want to permanently revert to a pristine Puppy and delete everything else? If you only want to go back temporarily, you can boot from a Puppy CD with the puppy pfix=ram boot option.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#4 Post by Flash »

If you're running from a CD with a Save file on a hard disk, boot the CD with the puppy pfix=ram boot option, mount the partition where the Save file is, and delete the Save file. I'm not sure if Puppy will then ask you if you want to create a Save file when it shuts down. You may have to reboot the CD without using the pfix=ram option to get it to ask if you want a Save file.