How to install extundelete?

Using applications, configuring, problems
paule

How to install extundelete?

#1 Post by paule »

Has anyone successfully installed extundelete in puppy linux in general and macpup in particular? I have tried to compile the package, I get the C++ unable to create binaries error.

Thanks in advance.

cheers, Paul

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

Is your build environment up to snuff? Yes- I know.. But hey, if you need it- boot RIP.
To compile and install this program, you must first install the binary and development packages for e2fsprogs (called libext2fs-devel on Mageia, or e2fslibs-dev on Ubuntu, or e2fsprogs-devel on Fedora). extundelete requires libext2fs version 1.39 or newer to run, but for ext4 support, ensure you have e2fsprogs version 1.41 or newer (which may be found by running the command 'dumpe2fs' and noting the version it outputs). You must have g++ and GNU make to compile the program. You can install those with the package called build-essential on Ubuntu, or gcc-c++ and make on Fedora, or gcc-c++ and make on Mageia.

muggins

#3 Post by muggins »

To get it to compile you also need to compile e2fsprogs-libs. After several attempts at compiling e2fsprogs-libs, (needing symlinking several resources from the separate package of e2fsprogs), I gave up & instead downloaded & installed e2fsprogs-1.41.14-i486-1.txz.

Then, after doing:

Code: Select all

ln -s /lib/libext2fs.so.2.4 /lib/libext2fs.so
extundelete compiles fine.

NETTKNUT

How to install extundelete

#4 Post by NETTKNUT »

I came across your entry when searching for a ready to use puppy file for extundelete but it seems there is not one. I have not done any programming before in Linux so I need some help with the details of all the command line entries in order to do this. Is geany a viable alternative? My machine uses a Celeron 660MHz processor with 512 meg ram.