Macpup 529

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Karl Godt

#161 Post by Karl Godt »

Buguletto:
Have altered /etc/fonts/local.conf and enabled the two commented parts . Firefox-14.0.1 looks nicer now .

EDIT: Current Slacko-5.5 has also enabled them, while Precise-5.4.3 and current Precise-5.5 still have them commented .
/EDIT
Last edited by Karl Godt on Sat 20 Apr 2013, 12:44, edited 1 time in total.

OscarTalks

#162 Post by OscarTalks »

R-S-H wrote: Is there any solution for this redraw problems available?
Hello R-S-H,

This is a "known issue" with the nVidia GeForce FX5200 graphics card and the nouveau driver.

The solution is to boot with puppy pfix=ram nouveau.noaccel=1

and/or edit the file /etc/modprobe.d/nouveau.conf to:-

options nouveau noaccel=1

see also here http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=85704

Another solution is to install the proprietary nVidia driver 173.14.37 from the nVidia website
Oscar in England

runtt21

#163 Post by runtt21 »

Oscar, Sir, thank you very much!!

R-S-H

#164 Post by R-S-H »

OscarTalks wrote:pfix=ram nouveau.noaccel=1
It works perfectly - thank you very much!

I have played a little with MacPup, actually given one complete day to play with it!

It is dangerous, really really dangerous!

It works pretty well and it looks fantastic, also it feels comfortable when using it.

The only things I've missed very much is the comfort of my LazY Puppy when trying to remaster the MacPup and of course LazY Puppy's ability and comfort of using SFS files and running them programs by the RunScripts.

So, I did refine a little the LazY Puppy Remaster Suite and also the SFS P.L.U.S. - after installing those Application-Suites I did made the first, now renamed, remaster of MacPup.

Current working title: LazY MacPup

Now, after a few remasters and one days work, it has the comfort of my current LazY Puppy 3 (private version) Main OS!

And now, Ladies and Gentlemen - I mean that - now it is REALLY DANGEROUS! In fact that much, that I've decided to use the MacPup in combination with the LazY Puppy Main Applications for a very special purpose, which I will explain now:

- since I have released the first LazY Puppy (5.2.8-4) I've installed it on usb flash drives and given them away from time to time (on birthdays etc. or just for fun). I will now change this behavior and will do this in the future with the "LazY MacPup"!

I hope, this will be allowed for me to do?

And also I would like to create a LazY MacPup Theme for this. Is there a MacPup Theme Builder available?

Thanks,

RSH
Attachments
image-1.jpg
My first MacPup-Derivative, WorkingTitle: LazY MacPup, showing LazY Puppy Remaster Suite and SFS P.L.U.S. RunScript Creator
(112.47 KiB) Downloaded 701 times
image-2.jpg
My first MacPup-Derivative, WorkingTitle: LazY MacPup, showing Audacity and Rosegarden
(119.71 KiB) Downloaded 669 times
[b][url=http://lazy-puppy.weebly.com]LazY Puppy Home
The new LazY Puppy Information Centre[/url][/b]

backi

#165 Post by backi »

HI RHS !
Is your remastered MACPUP 5.2.9 or 5.2.8. ?
If 5.2.9 how did you solve make german keyboard working persistent ?

Anywhere downloadable ?
I like that enlightenment E17 desktop ...my favourite one .

Cheers

Lets not forget ..

Freiheit für Mollath[/size]

http://www.br.de/nachrichten/mittelfran ... g-100.html

R-S-H

#166 Post by R-S-H »

backi wrote:HI RHS !
Is your remastered MACPUP 5.2.9 or 5.2.8. ?
If 5.2.9 how did you solve make german keyboard working persistent ?

Anywhere downloadable ?
I like that enlightenment E17 desktop ...my favourite one .

Cheers

Lets not forget ..

Freiheit für Mollath[/size]

http://www.br.de/nachrichten/mittelfran ... g-100.html
Hi backi.

It is 525 and 529.

Currently I did not solved the german keyboard problem. Booting pkeys=de results in boot message 'loading de keyboard' (or similar) but doesn't have any effect for the keyboard layout.

Currently neither the 525 nor the 529 version is available to download.

I do like the e17 window manager as well but I like to have option to add icons to the desktop. So, LazY Puppy is still and will continue to be my main OS - at home and everywhere I can use it. From time to time I will use the LazY MacPup of course and do some work on it - if necessary.

We will see, if there will be a version to download, but I'm sure it will be a better starting point than LazY Puppy actually is, to bring some of my people to the fun of Puppy Linux. They do love the animated menus and stuff like that. LazY Puppy doesn't have this because I don't really need it. But (LazY) MacPup offeres these things without the need to do some extra work for this.

Currently I'm able to turn each and every Puppy (except FatDog by now) into a LazY Puppy whithin one single day - plus some time to work with it (and doing tests).

Mollath?!

This is really ugly. It's a shame such actions can be done in Germany nowadays. But this shows clearly the mind of all those who are negatively involved. It fits perfectly into the line of things happened over the last 10 or more years, like the National Sozialistischer Untergrund. We all do know who has founded government offices like German Polizei, Justiz, Bundesnachrichendienst, Bundeskriminalamt etc. It has been done by former members of NSDAP and/or SS etc.pp. So, I do believe, It is absolutely clear: these guys aren't well minded guys.

However, not to get too long on this off topic stuff, there is a fact, which is as ugly as well.

If an old German politician does make a "Alt-Herrenwitz" on a younger German Woman, there has been the "Aufschrei und Anti- Sexismus" movement with a lot of resonance in the German web.

Nobody makes "Aufschrei" for Mollath, because one has to face his own fears then - just by trying to think clearly on the facts in Mollath's case.

FREE MOLLATH!!

SEND THE RESPONSIBLE AND ACTING PERSONS TO THE HAGUE FOR INTERNATIONAL COURT!!!

backi

#167 Post by backi »

Hi everyone !

Can not get OpenShot working in 5.2.9 ......python problems

Any advice ?

Karl Godt

#168 Post by Karl Godt »

Uninstall python, recompile python . Ubuntu and Debian configure their python with many PYTHONPATH adjustments . If you install some python app from source and don't take that into account, the new */site-packages/app.egg would not be recognized .

runtt21

#169 Post by runtt21 »

backi , try this . boot into jwm , set you language and keyboard like you want them. Then open rox go to /usr/lib/enlightenment/modules in there move some place else or delete the xkbswitch folder then go back to e17. It will complain about missing a module and ask you to unload it. Do that and you should be good to go.

backi

#170 Post by backi »

Thanks runtt21

did what you adviced me to do ..

but changing to e17 again ..no complain about missing module..and changes
made in jwm where gone .
Going back to jwm again.... changes to my desired keyboard where made and still fixed .
After new startup changes in jwm are stable ..but in E17 dont remain .

ok so all the time i boot again into E17 i have to use "advanced keyboard configuration" and choosing german layout so i can use my keyboard as desired .
Not a big deal .

R-S-H

#171 Post by R-S-H »

Hi.

I have found a page on the web that explains how to build a e17 theme

The first listed command in Part 1 (to open an existing e17 theme) did work well:

Original example:

Code: Select all

edje_decc (filename.edj)
Have used for my purposes:

edje_decc /root/.e/e/themes/MPLazY-1.edj
The first listed command in Part 3 (to (re)build the e17 theme) did not work:

Original example (gives error message: bad interpreter):

#! /bin/s.
edje_cc $@ - id . - fd. default.ed.
Using script /root/MPLazY-1/build.sh:

#!/bin/sh
edje_cc $@ -id . -fd . default.edc -o MPLazY-1.edj
results in the following:

sh-4.1# /root/MPLazY-1/build.sh
WARNING: Could not determine its installed prefix for 'EDJE'
      so am falling back on the compiled in default:
        /usr
      implied by the following:
        bindir    = /usr/bin
        libdir    = /usr/lib
        datadir   = /usr/share/edje
        localedir = /usr/share/edje
      Try setting the following environment variables:
        EDJE_PREFIX     - points to the base prefix of install
      or the next 4 variables
        EDJE_BIN_DIR    - provide a specific binary directory
        EDJE_LIB_DIR    - provide a specific library directory
        EDJE_DATA_DIR   - provide a specific data directory
        EDJE_LOCALE_DIR - provide a specific locale directory
ERR<24172>:edje_cc edje_cc_parse.c:157 new_object() edje_cc: Error. default.edc:13364 unhandled keyword min
PARSE STACK:
collections.group.parts.part.description.table.min
PARAMS:
sh-4.1# 
I have used a copy of the MP-Moonlight-3.edj theme, but did not made any changes at all. Just wanted to try to open and rebuild a e17 theme - as a first test.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

RSH

runtt21

#172 Post by runtt21 »

What am I doing wrong?
Everything. :lol: just a joke......

You need the macpup devx.sfs . You wont get very far without it. Don't do any work in /root/.e/e/themes this is a system folder for e17. You put finished themes in there and don't do anything else. The /root/working folder is for this kind of stuff. Put the theme you want to work on in there. Open a terminal in /root/working and run the edje_decc command.

For example lets say you are working on the theme-1.edj . After you run edje_decc on it you will have a new folder called theme-1. Depending on the theme you may have several folders in there or none at all, A ton of .png or .jpg images and one or more .edc files and the build.sh script.

Ignore the Build.sh script , don't mess with it at all.

If decc didn't make a images folder (most of the time it wont) you will need to make it and move all of the .png and jpg's into it. leave the edc file out.

The old school themes and now the newest themes will have several .edc files. Most theme just have one , the default.edc . This controls everything the theme does.

decc doesn't always unpack everything, sometimes you will need to get fonts or a missing .png . You wont know until you put it back together.

When you finish messing with it. open a terminal inside /root/working/theme-1 and run this

edje_cc -id images default.edc new-theme-2.edj

This is when you find the missing stuff. If everything is good you will have the new .edj file. Move it into .e/e/themes and then try it out.

R-S-H

#173 Post by R-S-H »

Ok, thanks for the reply.

Where can I get the MacPup devx?

RSH

EDIT:

Ok, sorry. Found the link at macpup.org. Will download soon.

Thanks again.

Fingers

Keyboard layouts ... and HELLO!

#174 Post by Fingers »

I'm new here. I downloaded Macpup 529 this morning and am running it from a usb stick on a desktop. I got it for a 2nd hand netbook I'm expecting to arrive next week, but I can see I may be tempted to use it this main desktop - it's so sleek and FAST! :D Massive congratulations and thanks to all involved!

@backi and anyone having issues getting their keyboards to be anything other than 'us': I had the same problem - I'm in the UK and have 'gb' keyboard.

setxkbmap -query

and

setxkbmap -layout

both reported 'us' even though the Input Wizard said 'uk' (confusingly, as 'gb' is the code).

I've got around this by putting this one line script:

setxkbmap -layout gb

in the /root/Startup/ directory (put it in a text file, set permissions to executable) and rebooting.

Now all is swell. Obviously, change 'gb' to your own k/b layout code.

backi

#175 Post by backi »

Hi Fingers !
As much as i like runtts21 and others efforts creating Macpup (they introcduced so to speak ) E17 to Puppy Linux .my favourite Desktop ...

Dont want to put a blame on runtt21 and others ,
but since i got problems with Macpup 528 ( desktop freezes sooner or later ...could not find answer ) .. and waiting for Macpup 529 Precise which gave me trouble with keyboard ......also got some python problems for example using Openshot )
could not use it further .

Found pemasus E17 Enlightenment pet which i now use on Puppy Precise 5.6
Completely satisfied .
Tested it on Three headed Dog and on Upup Raring too ...works fine ....did not work on Dpup Wheezy .

Download E17 Windowmanager All in One pet

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=71058

Ask myself which direction is Macpup going further ?

R-S-H

#176 Post by R-S-H »

Hi, backi.

I did never use MacPup 528, but the 525 and also the 529 (except the DE keyboard issue) are working very well on my computer.

As you already know,I did install the pemasu e17 wm into my LazY Puppy derivative Osiris Studio. Meanwhile I've build an SFS from the pemasu e17 wm PET and was able to modify LazY Puppy to load the e17 SFS at boot up and to boot directly into the e17 wm. My plan was to publish the e17 SFS for LazY Puppy users but unfortunately I have to discontinue this project.

Accidentally I've moved the mouse pointer in e17 when clicking a icon in the iBar and it has removed not just the clicked icon - no: all icons are removed and they could not be returned into the iBar by using the configuration tools of e17. Needed to copy the original files from /initrd/pup_ro2/root/.e manually to /root/.e to get the iBar and its icons back - which isn't quite comfortable.

I did make tests on this in MacPup 525 and also 529 - did never happen in these Macup e17 versions.

runtt21

#177 Post by runtt21 »

Thanks dudes, show me some love. :lol:

Just to let everyone know I am working on a new pup. It will be based on precise 5.5 . I am currently testing new builds of e and will use the one I like best. I have other plains for 5.6.
[url]http://macpup.org/runtt21[/url]

oldyeller

#178 Post by oldyeller »

Hi runtt21,

I have looked at your themes and they work great on Manna OS with e17 done by pemasu.

Keep up the great job looking forward to the nest release :D :D

Cheers

runtt21

#179 Post by runtt21 »

Big News !!!!! I have once again re-compiled everything in a fresh install of precise 5.5 .( It appears that having a bunch of save files connected to the same devx.sfs is a bad idea :lol: .) I have a stable build of EFL 1.7.5 and e17 .17.0 working. I have it set up to accept puppy's default settings for both language and keyboard so in theory (Lord willing) that should solve the localization issues that mp 529 had. You have to be careful jacking with e's setup wizard , it causes all kinds of bad things to happen :lol: SO, i am going to play with it for the next few day and if things are still good Monday I will start putting a new .iso together. I realize this is long over due, Sorry !!!

http://www.enlightenment.org/ss/display ... 501219.jpg
Attachments
firstshot.jpg
(46.38 KiB) Downloaded 913 times

rokytnji

#180 Post by rokytnji »

Very pretty. I like my operating system to look like my choppers.